Im not sure anyone else is at this point

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

I am totally embarrassed to be a fan of this organization right now. There are a few issues below I wanna touch on and forgive me for any childish ramblings but I need to say everything.

1. Urlacher: The guy has a major injury which he is told could cause permanent never damage. I have permanent never damage in my left leg from weightlifting and back surgeery. I dont wish that shit on anyone. Anyway, here are writers, fans, whoever questioning the guys loyalty, tougness, etc. And trade him? Excuse him for actually pointing out the team is a dam joke, he should be like the rest of the staff and except mediocrity year in and year out. And i remember someone here saying he is jealous of Cutlers Star Power, well i dont wanna call people out cause I value everyones opinion but that is the most rediculous crap I ever heard.

2. Gaines Adams: Ive been working night shift since i got laid off, I woke up to a text from a friend saying we got Gaines Adams, i was like well thats not bad. I logged onto the website about an hour b4 work and I see a 2nd round pick. I swear this so pathetic it makes me sick. First off, the Oline is horrid, our DBs are different every game (everyone was so in love with Bowman, i tried to warn people a million times its practice and he probably sucks), Our WR corp is a total insult, and we throw away our only Day 1 pick on a busted DE. I suppose at least we dont have to wait til draft day to reach.

3. Hester: This is beating a dead horse, but you have a guy is by far the best at his position of all time. You take him and make him something hes hes never done in his life. Not only that, but you proclaim u have a stud. He won games returning kicks, thats all i can say.

4. Cutler trade: I didnt mind the 1st round picks. I hated the 3rd rounder however. Which brings me back to the adams trade. Somehow no one seemed to care that urlacher is 31 and suffered major injury. There are very good backers in this draft and we need a few. Also, we have maybe 1 LB we drafted over the past 4 years on our team, thats pathetic.

5. Draft Redshirt BS: All i have to say is WTF?

6. Lovie Smith and Staff: I seriously cant stand looking at this clown anymore. Rediculous comments, ineptitude, mediocrity. Offense is appauling, run the bubble screen to each side twice a possession, Frank Omiyale- theres a surprise a guy who never started is suddenly a huge FA pickup and starts.

I am totally embarrassed to be a fan of this organization right now. There are a few issues below I wanna touch on and forgive me for any childish ramblings but I need to say everything.

1. Urlacher: The guy has a major injury which he is told could cause permanent never damage. I have permanent never damage in my left leg from weightlifting and back surgeery. I dont wish that shit on anyone. Anyway, here are writers, fans, whoever questioning the guys loyalty, tougness, etc. And trade him? Excuse him for actually pointing out the team is a dam joke, he should be like the rest of the staff and except mediocrity year in and year out. And i remember someone here saying he is jealous of Cutlers Star Power, well i dont wanna call people out cause I value everyones opinion but that is the most rediculous crap I ever heard.

2. Gaines Adams: Ive been working night shift since i got laid off, I woke up to a text from a friend saying we got Gaines Adams, i was like well thats not bad. I logged onto the website about an hour b4 work and I see a 2nd round pick. I swear this so pathetic it makes me sick. First off, the Oline is horrid, our DBs are different every game (everyone was so in love with Bowman, i tried to warn people a million times its practice and he probably sucks), Our WR corp is a total insult, and we throw away our only Day 1 pick on a busted DE. I suppose at least we dont have to wait til draft day to reach.

3. Hester: This is beating a dead horse, but you have a guy is by far the best at his position of all time. You take him and make him something hes hes never done in his life. Not only that, but you proclaim u have a stud. He won games returning kicks, thats all i can say.

4. Cutler trade: I didnt mind the 1st round picks. I hated the 3rd rounder however. Which brings me back to the adams trade. Somehow no one seemed to care that urlacher is 31 and suffered major injury. There are very good backers in this draft and we need a few. Also, we have maybe 1 LB we drafted over the past 4 years on our team, thats pathetic.

6. Lovie Smith and Staff: I seriously cant stand looking at this clown anymore. Rediculous comments, ineptitude, mediocrity. Offense is appauling, run the bubble screen to each side twice a possession, Frank Omiyale- theres a surprise a guy who never started is suddenly a huge FA pickup and starts.

I think most Bears fans are embarrassed at this point. Love your passion for the team. One thought - use spell check going forward. ;)

Peace :dabears

I completely understand where you're coming from....

In fact, if I had tickets and had to go to a game, I would wear a bag over my head. Fans need to send a message to this ownership that this will not be tolerated.

I'm so utterly repulsed by the sight of JA and Smith that I find it dificult to watch games without a stack of Tums and bottle of Pepto.

I will never be embarrassed to be a Bears fan. I may not like what I see on the field. I may be pissed off at the coaching. I may be totally discouraged by the performance of our players. I may even joke with friends about how bad our team is. BUT, I will never be embarrassed to profess my loyalty to the team. I will remain a HUGE fan of the Bears to the day I die, during the good times and the bad.

Pix, I'm glad you posted that.

I think I needed a dose of that.

I am embarassed of the current product, but not the entire emblem.

I'm with you, I am a fan through thick or thin. I'm just pissed off it's been too thin for far too long...

I think the only people I can stand bag on the Bears are fans. We need to vent badly. Anyone else that I hear doing it, I pretty much want to sock. I think it was Boone from Animal House that said it..."They can't make fun of our pledges. Only we can make fun of our pledges."

For Walter. For Butkus. For Halas. For Sayers. For Sid. For Singletary. For Hampton. For Dent. For George. For Bronko. For Grange. For Piccolo. For Atkins. For JimmyMac. For Ditka.

Go Bears.

:dabears

I will never be embarrassed to be a Bears fan. I may not like what I see on the field. I may be pissed off at the coaching. I may be totally discouraged by the performance of our players. I may even joke with friends about how bad our team is. BUT, I will never be embarrassed to profess my loyalty to the team. I will remain a HUGE fan of the Bears to the day I die, during the good times and the bad.

I think I'd second think that bag... if I'm wearin' my Payton jersey, I can't wear a bag.

I completely understand where you're coming from....

In fact, if I had tickets and had to go to a game, I would wear a bag over my head. Fans need to send a message to this ownership that this will not be tolerated.

I'm so utterly repulsed by the sight of JA and Smith that I find it dificult to watch games without a stack of Tums and bottle of Pepto.

Very nice Pix. I appreciate your passion and thank you for helping me see the way. I would say I am simply embarassed with this current team but I love this franchise.

Embarrassed= little sister is a hooker who's corner is in front of a church and she wears a sign that reads, "I am a hooker and I am _________'s sister."

Ashamed= little sister goes to every salvation army bell ringer in town. Beats the ringer, steals the money, and gives you a jar of spare change for christmas.

Disappointed= little sister brings home a packer fan for christmas and shows of the ring on her finger.

If I was either embarrassed or ashamed I would be reluctant to admit my loyalty in public. I chose disappointment because the love for the bears will never die. As with my little sister I have high expectations of the bears. When they fall short and I hear Lovie's press conferences saying calmly that they did somethings good and there were things to improve on, I want someone, somewhere in the organization to get a little nuts. It is their job but aren't they at some point or were at some point fans too.

Embarrassed= little sister is a hooker who's corner is in front of a church and she wears a sign that reads, "I am a hooker and I am _________'s sister."

Ashamed= little sister goes to every salvation army bell ringer in town. Beats the ringer, steals the money, and gives you a jar of spare change for christmas.

Disappointed= little sister brings home a packer fan for christmas and shows of the ring on her finger.

If I was either embarrassed or ashamed I would be reluctant to admit my loyalty in public. I chose disappointment because the love for the bears will never die. As with my little sister I have high expectations of the bears. When they fall short and I hear Lovie's press conferences saying calmly that they did somethings good and there were things to improve on, I want someone, somewhere in the organization to get a little nuts. It is their job but aren't they at some point or were at some point fans too.

Outstanding!!!! LOL

I'm with you 100%!

I switched from the packers to the Bears in the early '60s (a process rather than a sudden move). As such, I saw an entire decade of pathetic play. I definitely hated it, but never once - not one damn time - did I ever think about wearing a sack over my head! Not then, and not now. I'm a Bears fan, and sometimes that takes a little courage. JMO

Gotta say I agree with all points with the exception of:

1st - Never be embarrassed of who you root for. That's what being a fan is all about. You go through tough times. I've been a fan since Dad bought me the full Bears uniform back in 72". I was Sayers BTW and big bro was 51. Wear your midnight blue and orange with pride!!!

2nd- I really gotta call you out on the OL comment. Most on this board wanted to draft the hell out of OL the last couple of years and you commented on how ridiculous this was for us to want to spend our high picks on OL. Now you say we throw our highest pick away and mention how the OL sucks. You are now in direct contradiction with yourself or two years behind most of the board. Welcome back to reality.

Quite frankly, when I see you post, I know you know football. But this post lets me know you can be a valuable contributor on this board, if you get away from the one sentence slams and structure some meaningful commentary.

Keep up the good work and deliver us some posts on how you would fix this team!

Fair enough. But at at least those 60's teams beat up opponents physically and had them scared they'd be black and blue.

Teams now are salivating at a chance to get us and prop their stats and get an easy win.

I was over the top joking about wearing a bag...but some kind of message needs to be sent to ownership that this isn't right. We fans are too damn loyal that we'l go to the games, so help me think of another way to express displeasure that would be seen/heard realistically?

I switched from the packers to the Bears in the early '60s (a process rather than a sudden move). As such, I saw an entire decade of pathetic play. I definitely hated it, but never once - not one damn time - did I ever think about wearing a sack over my head! Not then, and not now. I'm a Bears fan, and sometimes that takes a little courage. JMO

Thank you. Even now, I wear my Bears coat w/ pride (also because it is my only heavy coat and its damn cold here, at least by our standards). But I have zero problem wearing my "colors". I may not like what the team is doing, but I would never say I am embarrased or would stop watching the team.

One thing that makes me absolutely sick here in Dallas is the number of bandwagon fans. I swear when the team isn't winning, it is rare to see a Cowboy jersey or shirt, but suddenly when they are winning, you see their colors everywhere.

At the bar I go to, which has basically become an NFC North bar as a huge host a bear and Viking fans watch games, along w/ some GB and Det fans, there is a lot of hate going on, as you can imagine. I do not even want a Viqueen fan coming over to give positive feedback. I hate them. The only other team fan I am cool w/ is a Det fan who has continued to watch and follow his team, no matter how bad it gets.

I am a Bear fan and Notre Dame for life. Never embarrassed about it, actually i will defend them both no matter how bad it gets. The only thing i would like for you to explain Terra is why would Urlacher say the stupid sh$t he said? Everyone knows that as a team leader you don't go to the media and call guys out on the team. Keep it in the locker room. Even more so when you are hurt and not out on the field. I dont want him traded but i do want him to shut the F%%k up. Whats the point of bringing up Orton at this point? There is no reason, Cutler is the QB of the Bears and Orton is not coming back. So explain to me how you can defend Urlacher for acting like an ass!

What bugs the hell out of me as much as anything are two thoughts.

One. Our defense was getting decimated, and yet all Urlacher's negative comments seemed to attack the offense. I am not saying the offense played well, but Urlacher was the leader of the defense. If he was going to comment on any area, I would think it should have been the defense.

Two, with that said, he really should have just kept his mouth shut. Mike Brown was a true leader for this team. I remember at one point, after injuries began to hurt his career, Brown talked about how he didn't feel he was in a position to be a leader anymore when he wasn't on the field. He had the right of it. If you are not on the field, you should just shut up and not rip those who are.

Really, where the one decision I think urlacher should be most ripped for was allowing a media person to spend the day (or however many) with him. If he had not allowed that, and only watched the game w/ friends, there would be no story here. But instead, Urlacher appears to have missed the spotlight being hurt, and by allowing the media into his home, put himself into a position that ended poorly.

I am a Bear fan and Notre Dame for life. Never embarrassed about it, actually i will defend them both no matter how bad it gets. The only thing i would like for you to explain Terra is why would Urlacher say the stupid sh$t he said? Everyone knows that as a team leader you don't go to the media and call guys out on the team. Keep it in the locker room. Even more so when you are hurt and not out on the field. I dont want him traded but i do want him to shut the F%%k up. Whats the point of bringing up Orton at this point? There is no reason, Cutler is the QB of the Bears and Orton is not coming back. So explain to me how you can defend Urlacher for acting like an ass!

First I would like to recognize the class that is Pixote. He worded my sentiments exactly in how he (ergo I) feels about the team and their performance this year. I admit at times I don't feel like walking in public after some losses but not because I am ashamed but instead it's that I just don't want to hear anyone else's comments on how they think the Bears suck etc. (Alaska is full of GB and Seattle fans). Regardless, I go out after "pouting" for a little bit and look forward to watching the Bears play next week. And if they lose again and again ... Guess i'll just keep watching again and again. If the season goes in the tank I still can't wait for next season to start. I would feel the same way if the Bears won the Super Bowl this year by the way. By the by, those of you with season tickets that would like to give or sell them to a "sucker" such as myself, I'm willing to negotiate. I guarantee you that I won't be wearing a bag.

Terra Tor: The only counter I have to your rant is that in the article that was cited Urlacher was mentioned to be "fiercely loyal to Lovie Smith" so in consequence could not necessarily be calling the "team" out as much as perhaps his expressing his frustration with not being able to play. And although I don't always agree with your "rants" and what is said at least I know where your loyalties lie.

I'm gonna be hearing that one for a while! ;)

I was expressing my repulsion for the current regime... Part of the plus and minus of being a Chicago fan is that we are so loyal. When we fill the seats when the team is hideous, the normal free market invisible hand principle fails to work. I was half-hearted;y trying to come up with something that would allow us to still go to a game and yet show our disgust at the current product.

But, all's fair in love and message board posting!

I guarantee you that I won't be wearing a bag.

I am not sure I would say I am embarrassed to be a Bears fan, but I am not proud of how the team has been run the last few years. To me, the Bears are all about toughness, and this regime doesn't fit that, particularly this "Cover 2" defence....but the Bears have been around a long time, and I am not yet to the point where I feel bad about putting on my Bears cap. I would choose it over any other team, still, at this point.

As far as Urlacher goes, I feel his best days are well behind him as a player, and as a person he was always a dumb ass and still is. I hope he never sees the field again as a Bear, he is overpaid and stupid. That is my opinion. He was a good player, maybe even great, but no more. His character gives him no pass for me, if he was a great character I might say keep him around, he is not, so bye bye as far as I am concerned.

Too early to say about Gaines, but not having a 1st or a 2nd round pick sucks, especially as they would have been high picks.

Hester...I just don't know. He was great as a returner, but was that ever going to be enough? He looked good at times this year, let's give him one more year then decide...

Lovie and Co? I have had enough of them...let them all go, Lovie to start with. However, it is not likely to happen with the contracts involved, so let as many go as possible, starting with Turner.

I am still glad that we have Cutler, we need to build around him and give him good quality WR's to throw to. Get rid of Olsen? NO! Let's keep the guys we need!

Fair enough. But at at least those 60's teams beat up opponents physically and had them scared they'd be black and blue.

Teams now are salivating at a chance to get us and prop their stats and get an easy win.

totally agree with you "mad"...back then, even when we lost, we still gave the other team a beating they never forgot...and back then Bears/packer games meant something to the players too,not just the fans.

Never embarrassed to be a Bears fan. I live in AZ and have watched friends who lived with the Cards through all their tough years and now believe me they are flying high and feeling great for sticking with their team for so long. That's what being a fan is about. I've done the same with the Bears. Back before Lovie I was often the only Bears fan in the sports bar but in 2006 that changed. Now it's headed back that way again but I'll be there as we rebuild it just like last time.

Back before Lovie I was often the only Bears fan in the sports bar but in 2006 that changed. Now it's headed back that way again but I'll be there as we rebuild it just like last time.

I know what you mean....I live in North Idaho and they came out of the wood work in 2006 when we where in the Superbowl,now they have all gone again...

The Bears are and always will be my team. Being upset, disappointed, embarrassed, or whatever adjective you want to use to describe the general sadness you get from watching your team struggle is a sign of loyalty. If we didn't care that our team's success or lack of it or only rooted for our team when things are going well then we wouldn't be much of a fan base. We all want to see the Bears become a force in the League and right now they are closer to a farce but I'm still going to be a fan continue to pull for the Bears to get this mess straightened out. Not to say it hasn't been maddening through the years and at times thinking maybe I should root for another team that has their crap together. But mostly that's just being jealous of fans who's team is doing well. It's tempting to look at other teams who seem to turn it around and become viable again and then look at our team who seems to stumble onto viable and becomes inept by default. But those thoughts are fleeting as I can't bring myself to not pull for the Bears and invest in a different team. The NFL is a lot like the stock market you can jump to a different team while they are doing well but sooner or later the bottom falls out and they plummit then you are faced with the same situation you had when you switched teams and likely to jump to who ever is doing well at the time.

A good example is the Patriots while I'm sure they have a large fan base of fair weather fans. After Super Bowl 20 how many bet that New England would be the first to return to the super bowel the way we tore them apart. The Patriots got to super bowl 20 with an insane amount of turnover from a very opportunistic defense. Well the Patriots not only beat the bears back to the big game but have rings to show for it. NE was mediocre for a long time before they got good again and have ridden that wave since. The same can be said for the colts, they were one of the jokes of the NFL for as long as I could remember till the got this kid named Payton Manning and started to build a team around him. They have been a force for a while now. That is the kind of revival we all hope to see with the Bears. Not just a once in every few years a fluke season where the stars align and all the balls bounce our way. Each fake wave leaves us feeling empty and jaded to the point where now when we see success we're already thinking in the back of our minds.... ok how long will this last. It makes it hard to fully enjoy the ups when were focused on the downs that we are expecting around the corner. But no matter how bad it gets, I won't trade in my Bears badge for some other team. We all make fun of our team but like the quote from animal house its a coping method.

Well said!

The Bears are and always will be my team. Being upset, disappointed, embarrassed, or whatever adjective you want to use to describe the general sadness you get from watching your team struggle is a sign of loyalty. If we didn't care that our team's success or lack of it or only rooted for our team when things are going well then we wouldn't be much of a fan base. We all want to see the Bears become a force in the League and right now they are closer to a farce but I'm still going to be a fan continue to pull for the Bears to get this mess straightened out. Not to say it hasn't been maddening through the years and at times thinking maybe I should root for another team that has their crap together. But mostly that's just being jealous of fans who's team is doing well. It's tempting to look at other teams who seem to turn it around and become viable again and then look at our team who seems to stumble onto viable and becomes inept by default. But those thoughts are fleeting as I can't bring myself to not pull for the Bears and invest in a different team. The NFL is a lot like the stock market you can jump to a different team while they are doing well but sooner or later the bottom falls out and they plummit then you are faced with the same situation you had when you switched teams and likely to jump to who ever is doing well at the time.

A good example is the Patriots while I'm sure they have a large fan base of fair weather fans. After Super Bowl 20 how many bet that New England would be the first to return to the super bowel the way we tore them apart. The Patriots got to super bowl 20 with an insane amount of turnover from a very opportunistic defense. Well the Patriots not only beat the bears back to the big game but have rings to show for it. NE was mediocre for a long time before they got good again and have ridden that wave since. The same can be said for the colts, they were one of the jokes of the NFL for as long as I could remember till the got this kid named Payton Manning and started to build a team around him. They have been a force for a while now. That is the kind of revival we all hope to see with the Bears. Not just a once in every few years a fluke season where the stars align and all the balls bounce our way. Each fake wave leaves us feeling empty and jaded to the point where now when we see success we're already thinking in the back of our minds.... ok how long will this last. It makes it hard to fully enjoy the ups when were focused on the downs that we are expecting around the corner. But no matter how bad it gets, I won't trade in my Bears badge for some other team. We all make fun of our team but like the quote from animal house its a coping method.