How soon do the Bears announce replacements?

adam

Do they wait until after the Super Bowl, or is this something they get done soon? I would hope the sooner the better to get the head start on next season.

If there is someone on one of the 12 teams that are in the playoffs that they want to approach they may decide to wait until their team is eliminated or wins the SB but otherwise I suspect they will start the process immediately.

If there is someone on one of the 12 teams that are in the playoffs that they want to approach they may decide to wait until their team is eliminated or wins the SB but otherwise I suspect they will start the process immediately.

My money is on either Martz or Bates for OC and Fewell for DC. Bet these are wrapped up in the next 2 weeks.

Peace :dabears

Getting it done sooner would imply they know what they are doing.

I expect staffing to be be done when Avatar 2 comes out with this crew of geniuses...

Do they wait until after the Super Bowl, or is this something they get done soon? I would hope the sooner the better to get the head start on next season.

Don't you think he'll follow Shany in WAS for the big bucks and a regime he know will be in place for a good number of years?

I don't know, I doubt it. If I'm not mistaken I think Shanahan IS the OC for his own team because he calls the offensive plays. Bates was just his QB coach. If he has the opportunity to come in here as the offensive coordinator I'd think he would sooner take that promotion over leaving college to go back to a QB coaching job in the NFL.

My money is on either Martz or Bates for OC and Fewell for DC. Bet these are wrapped up in the next 2 weeks.

Would we really want Bates as an OC? He called plays for Denver but Shanny was actually playing the part of OC. He did prep Cutler, but would he accept a QB Coach job? From this excert from an article, it appears he had limited success as an OC for USC (last paragraph scares me).

LOS ANGELES - USC quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates offers little insight during the best situations, so it was not surprising he offered a vague response Wednesday when asked if he might return to the NFL next season should former Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan get another job.

Bates spent three years with Shanahan and never coached college football before coming to USC last winter.

"We're focused on Arizona," Bates said, referring to the Trojans' opponent Saturday. "This is a big Pac-10 game. We're not going to be distracted."

However, USC coach Pete Carroll said he would not be surprised if Bates is contacted by an NFL team.

"He's highly regarded and done enough work in the league that guys know (about him)," Carroll said.

With USC ranking 100th nationally in third-down conversions and 49th in total offense, it's doubtful too many fans would be upset if Bates did return to the NFL

Who really knows. But if I'm Bates, and I get an offer from WAS to be with Shanny for x years and x loot over the chaos in Chicago...I go to WAS.

I don't know, I doubt it. If I'm not mistaken I think Shanahan IS the OC for his own team because he calls the offensive plays. Bates was just his QB coach. If he has the opportunity to come in here as the offensive coordinator I'd think he would sooner take that promotion over leaving college to go back to a QB coaching job in the NFL.

Kyle Shanahan is gonna join Papa Shanahan in Washington as the OC. Then dont be surprised to see Bates joing Shanahan in Washington as perhaps Assistant HC and QB coach.

Shanahan will likely try and bring in as many of his past offensive coaches from Denver as possible. Probably not so many defensive coaches cause his offense was the only thing that worked in Denver for the later part of his tenure there.

Man, it must feel good to be a Washington fan knowing that you at least have an Owner who cares about winning.

I don't know a single Redskin fan who likes their owner. While everyone is ripping on the McCaskey's for this past year, myself included, Snyder has had far worse results managing his team.

Snyder's problem is he has his nose in the football operations. He must think he is Jerry Jones. He is a dbag and there is no way I would want him as an owner.

Snyder's problem is he has his nose in the football operations. He must think he is Jerry Jones. He is a dbag and there is no way I would want him as an owner.

I somewhat agree with you, however i dont know what is better at this point a money throwing idiot or a group of cheapskates who could care less about the people supporting their business.

Bates won't go to Washington, imo. I also think he should be an offensive assistant, not the OC. Get him in as the QB coach and have him work with a Weiss or Martz for a few years with the plan of having Bates take over when Weiss/Martz excels and gets a new head coaching job.

That should be the plan. It might now work out that well (ie, the guys excelling) but that would be my plan.

Would we really want Bates as an OC? He called plays for Denver but Shanny was actually playing the part of OC. He did prep Cutler, but would he accept a QB Coach job? From this excert from an article, it appears he had limited success as an OC for USC (last paragraph scares me).

The probably that Bates had is that he came in thinking that Sanchez would still be there and then he leaves for the NFL and Bates gets stuck with a TRUE freshman running the offense. I knew it would be trouble at least for the immediate future. I heard this morning on the score overnight with Les Grobstein that Bates prefers the NFL over college because for what ever reason he doesn't connect well with the 18 and 19 yr old's. Also if I am remembering the right not only did USC lose Sanchez to the NFL but they also lost the big playmaker Patrick Turner to the NFL. He had 10 TD's i think his senior season.