• 60/30/10
    • other (please state)
  2. 2. Keeper options

• keep any 1 player
    • keep any 2 players
    • see option 3 below
    • see option 4 below
    • other

I think we should absolutely do draft order based on records. If a team tanks they just wasted their money and not everyone wants first pick in snake drafts anyway.

Also, is it determined that no matter how many keepers we have we lose the pick the round before and not our first picks?

Me and Nopper both vote for 1 keeper btw

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh I dont think I have been on here since the football season started. I vote for one keeper, if we all keep 2 it will dilute the draft and not make it as much fun. I also think whatever player you keep you just lose that round in the draft. So if you keep your first pick, you lose that round or your 5th pick lose that round. that makes picking gems in later rounds more attractive. Who was crushers, who won? I took a nose dive at the end, but had it going for awhile. :notworthy

I was Crushers

After the 5th round though? That is sort of the thing, at least IMHO. If an owners keeps, for example, a guy he took in the 10th or 15th round the previous year, giving up the same round or one up really doesn't mean nearly so much. The effect is far more for those who want to keep players who were high picks the previous year. For me, the rule is more about keeping guys who were on the cusp of being a stud already, particularly in the 2nd round. If you took a player the prior year in the 2nd, he was already a near-stud, and at least for me, keeping such a player should cost a bit more. That is why the leagues I have always been part of made it a round higher. It doesn't really mean much for the owners who took fliers on picks later in the draft, but makes an owner have to think about keeping those players who were drafted high.

the idea of having keepers shouldnt be a penalty, In one league I was in , after the 5th round we could keep one keeper and lose that round. Leaves for a normal draft and doesnt dilute it as bad. It worked out quite well.

Little by little, we are getting our rules down.

I obviously vote to lose a round earlier than picked, and that is also how Papabear votes.

We also both vote to keep a player one extra year (two total). Anything more IMHO is more like a franchise player, rather than a keeper.

Stinger I think didn't like the idea of a losing a round earlier, but he is the only one I have seen voice that opinion. Furthere, I think he may have also not considered keeping players higher than round 5, so that may be different entirely.

I vote no round is outside the box, though by rule (round earlier than drafted) the 1st round is excluded. That means a team who drafted a player in the 2nd round (like Chris Johnson) can keep that player, but he will have to give up a 1st round pick to do so. For Chris Johnson, that is still a no-brainer, but for other players, it really makes an owner think twice.

I vote 1 round previous

we should also vote on how long we can keep someone as well.