Bears at Giants, 10/3/10

balta1701-A

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm worried. Giants are in a must-win situation, playing in a home game and while they have looked bad so far this year, two of there losses were to very good football teams (Titans & Colts).

Can the Bears win, absolutely, but is it an easy win, No. No game is. The past few years this team has struggled against teams that many thought it could or should beat and has had some quality wins against some of the better teams in the league. Lets see if it can beat a team it should beat.

Lets go Bears!!!!

The Giants defense is allowing 28 pts a game (only Bills and 49ers have allowed more) and will be without Kiwanuka who has been huge for them. I would think we would at least score that much and can get our running game going.

Eli has been sacked 7 times with 6 INTs in 3 games. I don't see them scoring more than what Dallas did vs us (20). Peppers get a couple of sacks, Bears lead throughout and cruise 31-17.

The Giants defense is allowing 28 pts a game (only Bills and 49ers have allowed more) and will be without Kiwanuka who has been huge for them. I would think we would at least score that much and can get our running game going.

Eli has been sacked 7 times with 6 INTs in 3 games. I don't see them scoring more than what Dallas did vs us (20). Peppers get a couple of sacks, Bears lead throughout and cruise 31-17.

Its going to be tough for them to get pressure on us you would think as there top 2 pass rushers are out. Thats serious bad news for them.

Bears win 27-14. Cutler starts to pick apart the Giants after throwing an early pick in the 1st half. The Bears defense is the biggest winner in this game I think because we will make Eli Manning's night a living hell with our blitzes. I think this will be a game where you can finally say the Bears defense dominated. I think Eli throws atleast 1 pick but hopefully a couple. We'll start to pull ahead late in the game and the defense will shut it down for us.

Cutler- 17-29 280 yards 2 TD's 1 INT

Forte- 17 carries 108 yards 1 TD 5 rec 52 yards

Taylor- 2 carries 14 yards 3 rec 38 yards

EDIT: Rest will come later

This is the first game this year that I am cautiously optimistic about because prior to this week I was worried sick. With Uminora(sp?) and Kiwanuka ailing or out this should be a game that the offensive starts to asert its self. I would like to see Forte and Taylor to total 40 carries and Cutler to have no more than 25 attempts.This should be a bruising game as we know the Giants will try to run it down the Bears throats and so far that has been a strong suit of the defense. We need the defensive line to take advantage of a struggling pass protection for the Giants and the turnover campaign needs to continue since the Giants have been very generous leading up to this game. Keep an eye on Tillman,Harris,Bowman,Briggs and Urlacher for turnover forcing and Peppers for continuing his disruptive presence. Robbie Gould has a 3 FG game and Bowman bounces back and gets a game sealing pick as the Bears eek out a 23-20 victory.

I'm not going to pick a winner, because I am always wrong it seems and I usually pick the Bears...so it might be best for me to just not...but I will say I am shocked as hell that we are staring at the possibility of 4-0 when many of us thought we would be looking at 1-3 or even 0-4...I am damn glad I was wrong and I have not had to throw my jersey down in disgust once this season :dabears

I think the Bears should win this game, but it is on the road against a team desperate for a win. If the Giants lose, there season is done, so they'll bring everything and do everything. Bears will need to bring there A game.

Protect the football, keep Cutler upright (and give him time) and get to Manning (3+ sacks today and plenty of hits). We do that and this should be a fun game to watch tonight!!!