Viking punter tweets

Chitownhustla

this is football...in the Black and Blue division. Play the @$&* game in the parking lot for all I care. Old time football players are rolling their eyes right now reading some of this garbage. I think football player nowadays are not as tough as they think they are. They talk the talk, but dont walk the walk. Who cares where the game is, as long as the Bears win.

this is football...in the Black and Blue division. Play the @$&* game in the parking lot for all I care. Old time football players are rolling their eyes right now reading some of this garbage. I think football player nowadays are not as tough as they think they are. They talk the talk, but dont walk the walk. Who cares where the game is, as long as the Bears win.

you might care if Cutler takes an ordinary hit and winds up having his career Austin-Collied.

I care where the game is cuz I had flights paid and tickets to metro dome. freak watching that game up in minny in -10 degree weather. I don't care what the old time players are saying . The game was suppose to played inside. Why do u think they built a dome in minny????? Once the dome was determined to not be an option they should have found a different site inside. This is all about ziggy not wanting to lose all the gate money.

you might care if Cutler takes an ordinary hit and winds up having his career Austin-Collied.

I didn't want to say it but since u did I'll comment. Perfect point. We have been pretty healthy up until this point. Hopefully the field doesn't end that for us.

Boston u said all that matters is the bears win. You are right that is all that matters . I think the field will help the vikings more then the bears. If we are playing the vikings inside there is no way we lose that game with the qb they got going. With the field being the way it is there is no telling what will happen

I care where the game is cuz I had flights paid and tickets to metro dome. freak watching that game up in minny in -10 degree weather. I don't care what the old time players are saying . The game was suppose to played inside. Why do u think they built a dome in minny????? Once the dome was determined to not be an option they should have found a different site inside. This is all about ziggy not wanting to lose all the gate money.

obviously i did not know you had travel plans for the game...just commenting on the players complaining about playing outside. Nobody complain about having to play at Green Bay. Playing outside should benifit the Bears more than the indoor Minny team IMO

If I may...

I still think it a tad bit sad that the players (Bears even) are whining about the conditions. So freakin' what? Like "Boston" originally pointed out, the old timers are rolling their eyes. Rightfully so. How many here were just saying a few weeks back how sad it was the league was limiting hits with consequences like fines and suspensions? Players like Briggs were saying how much they (league) were taking the "game" out of the game. It is getting more and more pathetic. This just ices it. The question about Cutler possibly getting hurt is crazy since he could just as easily get hurt (concussion) on a brand new field (Meadowlands) during the early part of the season (better weather) as he could playing on frozen field. I've always taken a personal pride in "my" Bears playing in an outdoor field (and GB to a degree) as opposed to those wooses up in Minny and Detroit with their nice climate controlled domes. NFC North???? Are you kidding me?

As I've said before, tongue in cheek, is how I miss the leather helmet days.

Old timers are rolling their eyes? Yeah those whose brains han't been turned to mush because of the conditions they played in. Tougher doesn't mean smarter

There was a time you could go onto a building site without hard hats & steel boots, would you be stupid enough to not take the safety precautions now?

That the playing field is unplayable, going to be a train wreck. field is hard as concrete. This makes me hate piggy even more!!! Move the game to Dallas!! U a-hole. Or indy or anywhere with a good playing conditions

I'm so tired of this. Both the NFL and the NFLPA said they see no reason why the field should be an issue. That's it as far as I'm concerned.

Frankly, they should have played this game in LA so the Wilfs could get a good look at their future home.

Tom S.

I just wanted to mention that this entire thread is based on a tweet from a punter. No offense but the punter is about the biggest puss on the field. Until I hear Briggs, Urlacher, or somebody else with balls say the field is unplayable then I am not paying any attention to it. We will see tonight. Hope the poor punter doesn't stubb his toe.

The funny part to me is that ANYONE who claims to be a Bears fan is actually taking sides with the punter on this, when the Chicago Bears own field is an ACL tear waiting to happen. Unless you have a track record of complaining about the garbage sod allowed at Soldier Field, then you're nothing better than the pot calling the kettle black.

I just wanted to mention that this entire thread is based on a tweet from a punter. No offense but the punter is about the biggest puss on the field. Until I hear Briggs, Urlacher, or somebody else with balls say the field is unplayable then I am not paying any attention to it. We will see tonight. Hope the poor punter doesn't stubb his toe.

I'm not too willing to give this "frozen like concrete" stuff much credence, either. Having said that, I doubt that Kluwe walked out on to the field alone and drew his conclusions. At face value its more likely he's saying what the other players are talking about privately.

There's a conspiracy theorist buried deep inside me that wonders if this is just an attempt to get into the Bears players' heads. They won't see the field until just before the game and he might be trying to play upon their fears and distract them. I'm not saying its true, mind you. Just idle speculation.

Tom S.

Chris Harris has been tweeting pretty much the same thing.

Agreed. The time to challenge the location has passed. The Bears organization, NFL and players' union has failed all players involved in tonight's game. Regardless...

Now, you play the hand you're dealt...

Bears need to come hard and play like they f'ing care! Bear the MotherF&*& Down! Anything but 110% will certainly result in injury and a loss...

Regardless, it is time for the players to shut up and worry about the game. Like CUtler said, if he'll play wherever you ask him too. He'd prefer a safe football field, but if it is a parking lot or an ice hard field, so be it. Kick some ass Bears!!!