Mock Drafts

sulster

Improving from the Shittiest to really shitty is nothing to stop the FO from going after a free agent and 2 OL draft picks in the 1st three rounds. Cant you see what Cutler does when he has time? Hell cant you see when any decent QB has time to throw what happens. Look at the great Payton Manning, there was a 4 game stretch were he threw 12 or 13 INTs, what was happening?? The Oline couldnt block for shit.

Oline

Oline

Oline

Oline

Oline

Oline

Oline

Oline

Oline

Oline

Oline

Oline

Oline

Oline

We need to improve the Oline so bad it is not even funny

So you are saying we need a cornerback? :lol:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still going with a cb being drafted in the 1st. We just all saw how important Peanut is to the defense. I say he has a couple more productive years left in him. The only cb we have that comes even close to his type of play is Bowman, but he cant stay healthy. Draft one now and let him see how a true professional plays the game.

A full offseason for the oline will work wonders for the oline. Now lets also look at the history of the draft. The only linemen that have been drafted in the 1st round have been in the top 10. Usually teams wont waste a 1st round pick on an olinemen if it isnt in the top half. More times than not, they have been busts.

I commend your steadfastness. Just not your logic...

Line. O, then D. Then secondary and WR.

I'm still going with a cb being drafted in the 1st. We just all saw how important Peanut is to the defense. I say he has a couple more productive years left in him. The only cb we have that comes even close to his type of play is Bowman, but he cant stay healthy. Draft one now and let him see how a true professional plays the game.

A full offseason for the oline will work wonders for the oline. Now lets also look at the history of the draft. The only linemen that have been drafted in the 1st round have been in the top 10. Usually teams wont waste a 1st round pick on an olinemen if it isnt in the top half. More times than not, they have been busts.

I guess it's an agree to disagree moment. I think you have far too much optimism when it comes to this OL, and I sincerely hope the front office doesn't share your thoughts. I guarantee you Jay Cutler doesn't.

As for the last comment, I'm not sure what you're talking about. The end of the first round and the second round is literally littered with T & G talent.

I like Stephan Wisnewski of Penn State as a late first rounder if he is available when the Bears get to pick. Lets face it the Bears are one of the last four teams and will be picking when you draft what falls to you or the best athlete available. As for a D-lineman that is going to make an impact, if you are not going to trade up for Nick Fairly of Auburn I don't like anyone else in this scheme.

I like Stephan Wisnewski of Penn State as a late first rounder if he is available when the Bears get to pick. Lets face it the Bears are one of the last four teams and will be picking when you draft what falls to you or the best athlete available. As for a D-lineman that is going to make an impact, if you are not going to trade up for Nick Fairly of Auburn I don't like anyone else in this scheme.

Let's face it even more, we'll have the 32nd pick in the draft. We pulled Olsen on the '06 draft so good can definitley come in the late rounds. Let's hope JA doesn't piss away an opportunity.

here is what i would do on the first day...

1st round: we are picking near the bottom no matter what, so a good or better LOT is not likely to be there. if there is a good RT with some real potential and value i take him first. second, if no tackles look like potentially excellent prospects i look at CB next, but ONLY if there is a corner who is a 'cover' corner and NOT a cover 2 prospect. this guy would have to be at a minimum a real 5' 10" or bigger with speed. you are going to have to look for one with the potential this far down in the first to become a #1 corner. if no prospect is available in this mold then look for a guard prospect. at this slot we should be able to find an excellent guard who with little work should become a starter in a short period of time.

2nd round: we again are picking at the bottom so we should look for a right tackle of potential quality (if we did not get one in the previous round). second we should again look at guard even if one was picked in the previous round. there should still be good value for an excellent prospect. if no tackles or guards of quality are available find your excellent quality center for the next 15 years. groom him to replace kruetz AND our long snapper mannelly and throw him in at guard if he can play there until the transition. if no linemen look like excellent prospects then look at a cover corner or SLB as a last resort.

3rd round: if we haven't picked up a quality center this is the time for it. if none of value are available in our slot and if we haven't drafted 2 guards by this time then look again for a very good guard prospect. if none are available then make our pick a free safety who has size and can cover or strong side linebacker.

Now that the season is over, here's how I'd like to see the Bears draft shake out:

1) Best OT available. Gabe Carimi from Wisconsin or DeMarcus Love from Arkansas would be fine.

2) Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami - Big. Strong. Fast enough. Dynamic.

3) Best CB available. I like the two guys from Virginia Tech - Ras-I Dowling and Rashad Carmichael.

4) John Moffitt, OG/C, Wisconsin - Experienced Big Ten o-lineman who can compete at guard and center.

5) Pure pass rushing DE (Sam Acho, Texas)

6) Typical Bears undersized speed OLB (Brian Rolle, LB, Ohio State)

7) Best available. Maybe another DT if Anthony Adams leaves.

Now that the season is over, here's how I'd like to see the Bears draft shake out:

1) Best OT available. Gabe Carimi from Wisconsin or DeMarcus Love from Arkansas would be fine.

2) Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami - Big. Strong. Fast enough. Dynamic.

3) Best CB available. I like the two guys from Virginia Tech - Ras-I Dowling and Rashad Carmichael.

4) John Moffitt, OG/C, Wisconsin - Experienced Big Ten o-lineman who can compete at guard and center.

5) Pure pass rushing DE (Sam Acho, Texas)

6) Typical Bears undersized speed OLB (Brian Rolle, LB, Ohio State)

7) Best available. Maybe another DT if Anthony Adams leaves.

Carimi is playing OG at senior bowl practice

Hankerson measured 2 inches shorter than listed but is apparently catching everything

I think we also have to remember that this is a brand new offensive system they had to learn this year...YES THEY NEED OLINE HELP!!! bigtime...but drafting a guy next year does not mean he is going to come right in and be a starter...And what about Olin kruetz....Heart of a lion....has been outstanding....does he come back?

I think we also have to remember that this is a brand new offensive system they had to learn this year...YES THEY NEED OLINE HELP!!! bigtime...but drafting a guy next year does not mean he is going to come right in and be a starter...And what about Olin kruetz....Heart of a lion....has been outstanding....does he come back?

To me that's comical. Absolutely any first or second round OT should be able to come in and take the job away from either Omifail or Webb (easily the worst OT tandem in the NFL, and Omiyale might be the worst player in the NFL). If not, then the scouts and coaches involved in the draft choice should be fired immediately.

Carimi is playing OG at senior bowl practice

Hankerson measured 2 inches shorter than listed but is apparently catching everything

He is playing both actually, I watched today and Moffett and Carimi were on the left side with Carimi at tackle. They commented today that the line staff of the Bengals was teaching the line versatility by playing them at serval line positions.

To me that's comical. Absolutely any first or second round OT should be able to come in and take the job away from either Omifail or Webb (easily the worst OT tandem in the NFL, and Omiyale might be the worst player in the NFL). If not, then the scouts and coaches involved in the draft choice should be fired immediately.

I agree. And we absolutely need someone to be able to take over for Kruetz. And how much longer is Garza going to be able to play?

I think I'm going to have to take the minority opinion on this one. I think we can get a good veteran FA to compete at LT. Face it, Mike Tice isn't giving up on Webb at RT just yet. I think he likes the direction he's going. We can get a good interior lineman in the 2nd and maybe another in the 3rd.

However, we need "a man" at WR. We don't have one. We need someone who plays big and would fight for the football (please don't tell me Aromashadou). This would help Jay Cutler tremendously. There are a few very good ones out there this year. If one of them falls to us, I think JA will grab him.

However, we need "a man" at WR. We don't have one. We need someone who plays big and would fight for the football (please don't tell me Aromashadou). This would help Jay Cutler tremendously. There are a few very good ones out there this year. If one of them falls to us, I think JA will grab him.

What's worth remembering though is that WR's typically don't come out and dominate their first year. Most WR's take 2-4 years to really reach their top level, if they get there at all. Even top-tier ones, high-first round picks, etc. Drafting a WR highly next year isn't playing for next year; it's playing for 2012.

If you want someone who can step in next year, I think you're a lot more likely to find that on the O-line.

What's worth remembering though is that WR's typically don't come out and dominate their first year. Most WR's take 2-4 years to really reach their top level, if they get there at all. Even top-tier ones, high-first round picks, etc. Drafting a WR highly next year isn't playing for next year; it's playing for 2012.

If you want someone who can step in next year, I think you're a lot more likely to find that on the O-line.

We don't need a rookie WR to come in and catch 80 balls. They don't have to be superstars. We just need him to fill a role that we don't have right now. Big, fast and physical. Guys like Julio Jones, AJ Green, Michael Floyd and that kid from Pitt all have these traits and are probably as NFL ready as you'll get. They can probably fit that role and would help us almost immediately.

We don't need a rookie WR to come in and catch 80 balls. They don't have to be superstars. We just need him to fill a role that we don't have right now. Big, fast and physical. Guys like Julio Jones, AJ Green, Michael Floyd and that kid from Pitt all have these traits and are probably as NFL ready as you'll get. They can probably fit that role and would help us almost immediately.

Name a big, fast, physical receiver who came in and made a real impact his first year?

None of this "big, fast, athletic WR" nonsense means anything if Cutler can't plant after three steps because he's being gang-banged by a pair of 300lb DTs.

I'm still convinced there is nothing wrong with the WRs. They have great potential. But the inconsistencies of the OL don't allow for the offense to utilize all options and truly click.

Give Cutler solid, consistent protection, and I think everyone will be talking about how good the Bears' WRs are. Of course, I am pretty sure I said the same thing last year at this time. And we STILL don't really know the full potential of any of the WRs...except maybe Bennett.

Calvin Johnson?

Randy Moss?

Larry Fitzgerald?

I'm going off recollection only...

For Johnson and Fitzgerald, it's worth pointing out...these guys were top 3 picks...and although they were above average, neither one of them really lit the league on fire as a rookie. 58 receptions for Fitz, 48 receptions for Johnson. Both of them nearly doubled their performance in their 2nd years. Yeah, they'd have been upgrades over what the Bears threw out there this season, but they weren't dominant, top of the league receivers until their 2nd years or later.

Moss is of course a different beast, because all he does is run past people. But that's the exception that proves the rule; it's easy for a rookie receiver to run out on a fly pattern, do one move, and then have the ball lobbed to him. Guys legitimately do that every year. Maclin, Harvin, and hell, Knox come to mind as guys who had success as rookies doing that. Learning how to defense a pass, how to maneuver underneath, and how to get open on a route that is well defended is a much more difficult beast.

For Johnson and Fitzgerald, it's worth pointing out...these guys were top 3 picks...and although they were above average, neither one of them really lit the league on fire as a rookie. 58 receptions for Fitz, 48 receptions for Johnson. Both of them nearly doubled their performance in their 2nd years. Yeah, they'd have been upgrades over what the Bears threw out there this season, but they weren't dominant, top of the league receivers until their 2nd years or later.

Moss is of course a different beast, because all he does is run past people. But that's the exception that proves the rule; it's easy for a rookie receiver to run out on a fly pattern, do one move, and then have the ball lobbed to him. Guys legitimately do that every year. Maclin, Harvin, and hell, Knox come to mind as guys who had success as rookies doing that. Learning how to defense a pass, how to maneuver underneath, and how to get open on a route that is well defended is a much more difficult beast.

Boldin tore it up his rookie year.

Peace :dabears

...you asked: "Name a big, fast, physical receiver who came in and made a real impact his first year?"

I did...

They are rare. But there are some.

I htink we just simply disagree on the WR's.

First off, I couldn't agree more with you about OL. #1 and #2 priorities w/o a doubt. But WR is a concern. I feel we still do not have a big boy WR. I'm not just talking physical, I'm talking about a guy that makes plays, run routes, and helps his QB. We don't have that guy. Bennett may be the closest, but he has too many physical limitations.

I agree that getting the OL better will remedy a whole lot. But, I don't want to pass up on a FA WR that could make a huge impact. I think we know what we have in hester and Knox. They are #2's. They are Alvin Harpers w/o Michael Irvin.

None of this "big, fast, athletic WR" nonsense means anything if Cutler can't plant after three steps because he's being gang-banged by a pair of 300lb DTs.

I'm still convinced there is nothing wrong with the WRs. They have great potential. But the inconsistencies of the OL don't allow for the offense to utilize all options and truly click.

Give Cutler solid, consistent protection, and I think everyone will be talking about how good the Bears' WRs are. Of course, I am pretty sure I said the same thing last year at this time. And we STILL don't really know the full potential of any of the WRs...except maybe Bennett.