Duerson Found Dead

WheresMyronBaker

According to ESPN.com, it was a self-inflicted gunshot to the chest and his family has agreed to donate his brain to Boston University School of Medicine for evaluation. Sad.

that is what i saw...gunshot to the chest. Does this sound really really strange to anyone else? Something was definitely wrong with him. I have never heard of comitting suicide by shotting yourself in the chest? I expect more to come on this

that is what i saw...gunshot to the chest. Does this sound really really strange to anyone else? Something was definitely wrong with him. I have never heard of comitting suicide by shotting yourself in the chest? I expect more to come on this

Not to make light of it but seeing as he was on record as saying he would donate his brain to research he was hardly gonna shoot himslf in the head

• 2 months later...
The Boston University center that studies brain injuries to professional athletes says former NFL player Dave Duerson had the brain disease associated with repeated concussions when he committed suicide in February.

The Center for the Study of Traumatic Encephalopathy at the BU School of Medicine announced on Monday its findings on its examination of Duerson's brain, saying he suffered from chronic traumatic encephalopathy. At least 20 other deceased players have been found to have the disease.

Link

He wanted them to study his brain. But, that's not why he committed suicide.

His businesses were having trouble and his wife was trying to get him for everything including both Super Bowl rings and his NFL Man of the Year trophy.

I'd say the brain damage probably was a big part of the reason why he committed suicide.

I'd say the brain damage probably was a big part of the reason why he committed suicide.

Agreed and Duerson knew something was wrong with his brain, why else would he make that stipulation if he didn't believe something was wrong with his brain? What a lot of us who remember when Duerson was with the Giants is that he suffered a lot of his concussions with them and spent a lot of time trying to recover. I also reread my post and do realize that it may have seemed a little insensitive and for that I apologize if it was taken wrong. Duerson was one of my favorite Bears during his playing days and I was very ecstatic when he had products that showed on the shelves where I work. Knowing also that one of his companies held a contract with Mc Donalds for production of those pretty good breakfast sausage made me feel even better about him. I just believe that it was a foregone conclusion that he had a brain disease and didn't want that information to come out so soon after his tragic demise.