Paea it is!

madlithuanian

I do too.

I'd like to know what we gave up though...do you know?

The 4th round pick the Ravens think they should get. A little extra f you. The NFL can't take the pick from them now cause they don't own it.

Great pick, especially since this is the guy they were going to take if Carimi was gone in the first.

Haaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! I love it! Screw you Baltiless!

So, we just lost our 4th then... Well, I'd like another OL at 3. But, at least these 2 are solid and fill needs. Both look like they have the potnential to contribute ASAP. So far, so good.

The 4th round pick the Ravens think they should get. A little extra f you. The NFL can't take the pick from them now cause they don't own it.

Great pick, especially since this is the guy they were going to take if Carimi was gone in the first.

Haaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! I love it! Screw you Baltiless!

So, we just lost our 4th then... Well, I'd like another OL at 3. But, at least these 2 are solid and fill needs. Both look like they have the potnential to contribute ASAP. So far, so good.

Is that official we gave up our 4th?

I don't see how anyone can dislike this pick. Hell, if I like it, and I am pretty much against going anything other than OL in the first three rounds, then it's a good pick.

The guy has a non-stop motor, incredible strength, and will be in the starting lineup before you can say "Tommie Harris' lazy ass can take a hike."

Most importantly he can always get some push up the middle and yes, I agree, Peppers should love this pick. Give Marinelli some time to work with him on his hands and how best to use that strength. Plus as mentioned he's a high character guy with non-stop motor. There is one thing he might be a huge plus for us is defending 3rd and short. We haven't had a DT that could really anchor in those situations now we do.

I was intrigued by the pick at first because of what I saw him do at the Combine. After hearing his conference call on the team website and finding out how his story unfolded to this point has me on board for this kid and when he said he likes to pattern his game after HOF DT John Randle says it all. See pictures of him in an orange Jersey with #54 doesn't hurt either.

I was intrigued by the pick at first because of what I saw him do at the Combine. After hearing his conference call on the team website and finding out how his story unfolded to this point has me on board for this kid and when he said he likes to pattern his game after HOF DT John Randle says it all. See pictures of him in an orange Jersey with #54 doesn't hurt either.

Hub Arkush was on the SCORE saying Paea easily would have been a first round pick if not for the injury. Arkush thought we were targeting Paea and then Austin. Once Austin was gone, there was no way Paea was going to be there when we picked.

I hear ya!

I don't see how anyone can dislike this pick. Hell, if I like it, and I am pretty much against going anything other than OL in the first three rounds, then it's a good pick.

The guy has a non-stop motor, incredible strength, and will be in the starting lineup before you can say "Tommie Harris' lazy ass can take a hike."

I don't have links handy, but YouTube has videos of Paea in the USC game and Oregon game from 2010. I'm not a d-line expert, but it's pretty awesome tape to watch. The first thing I noticed: the dude has virtually no pass-rush moves AT ALL. No rip, no club, no spin...I think I saw him bust out a swim move on one single play against USC. But seriously, his hand usage is almost non-existent. All he does, all day, is bull rush...and yet he's borderline unblockable.

You would think that a guy would get blocked easily if he doesn't know how to disengage from a lineman. But when Paea's not stacking the guard up and walking him 4-5 yards back into the pocket, he just explodes through his gap before anybody gets a hand on him. I don't think I've ever seen a DT apply that much pressure that consistently, with that little technique. Sometimes you see DEs do that in college, when they're just faster around the edge than anyone else. But Paea does it through the middle of the line. He does it through double-teams and combo blocks. And every time they leave him one-on-one with a guard, he just ragdolls the poor guy. And it's not like he's playing against some D-III team or something. It's Oregon, USC, Cal, etc.

I don't quite know what to make of him. I'm a little worried about taking a guy who needs that much work on his hand-fighting, but I guess that's what we have Marinelli for. And if Paea puts together a couple of moves and counter-moves to work off his bull-rush, he's going to be an absolute nightmare. Right now he's doing it all on brute strength and quickness; imagine what he could do with some technique.

I don't have links handy, but YouTube has videos of Paea in the USC game and Oregon game from 2010. I'm not a d-line expert, but it's pretty awesome tape to watch. The first thing I noticed: the dude has virtually no pass-rush moves AT ALL. No rip, no club, no spin...I think I saw him bust out a swim move on one single play against USC. But seriously, his hand usage is almost non-existent. All he does, all day, is bull rush...and yet he's borderline unblockable.

You would think that a guy would get blocked easily if he doesn't know how to disengage from a lineman. But when Paea's not stacking the guard up and walking him 4-5 yards back into the pocket, he just explodes through his gap before anybody gets a hand on him. I don't think I've ever seen a DT apply that much pressure that consistently, with that little technique. Sometimes you see DEs do that in college, when they're just faster around the edge than anyone else. But Paea does it through the middle of the line. He does it through double-teams and combo blocks. And every time they leave him one-on-one with a guard, he just ragdolls the poor guy. And it's not like he's playing against some D-III team or something. It's Oregon, USC, Cal, etc.

I don't quite know what to make of him. I'm a little worried about taking a guy who needs that much work on his hand-fighting, but I guess that's what we have Marinelli for. And if Paea puts together a couple of moves and counter-moves to work off his bull-rush, he's going to be an absolute nightmare. Right now he's doing it all on brute strength and quickness; imagine what he could do with some technique.

I'm not a d-line expert either but he does seem to have a quick first step which is one of the most important thing at the 3 technique tackle in the Tampa 2. When Harris was going good he was in the backfield on some plays untouched. Watching what Marinelli has done with Toeina and Melton since he has been hear makes me opptomistic about what he may be able to do with a guy who obviously works hard on every down and seems to feel he has a great opportunity ahead of him

I'm not a d-line expert either but he does seem to have a quick first step which is one of the most important thing at the 3 technique tackle in the Tampa 2. When Harris was going good he was in the backfield on some plays untouched. Watching what Marinelli has done with Toeina and Melton since he has been hear makes me opptomistic about what he may be able to do with a guy who obviously works hard on every down and seems to feel he has a great opportunity ahead of him

Yeah, I do love his work ethic, and the guy managed to learn enough in just a few years to compete at a very high level. I think it's just a matter of whether he can keep developing his repertoire.

He seems to have a lot of heart and raw ability. If there ever was a student to learn...he may be it.

Yeah, I do love his work ethic, and the guy managed to learn enough in just a few years to compete at a very high level. I think it's just a matter of whether he can keep developing his repertoire.