2011 Official TalkBears Fantasy Football Check-in

DrunkBomber

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats DevilDogs! You took me out with extreme prejudice! Although i think you may owe Drew Brees a bowl of gumbo is you ever run into him! Cheers!

:cheers

In one league where i have the best team in the league, I lost in the first round to a not so good team, and here I didnt think I had a shot, and lucked out. You easily have the best team in the league, but as we know, the best team doesnt always win.

That's why we play the games!

I'm in another league that splits earnings between the bowl winner and total points. Makes it kind of interesting. In the 10 years we've been playing, not once has the top point earner won the bowl! It's all about the match-up!

In one league where i have the best team in the league, I lost in the first round to a not so good team, and here I didnt think I had a shot, and lucked out. You easily have the best team in the league, but as we know, the best team doesnt always win.

I feel like we've communally lost Cutler on both our teams! Irrelevance after a nice start!

Is there a payout for 3rd? I forget the exacts...

Congrats to TELLMARTZ SAYF*CKHIM and DevilDogs for reaching the championship, both with big wins in their semi matchups.

Me and Madlith are playing for third after our first round byes :(

Here are the final standings:

final standings

Great season and probably the most competitive league Ive been in. Its rare to have 9/10 teams fighting for the playoffs up until the last week of the season. Not to mention the the only team who tanked had Charles, P. Manning, Andre Johnson and Miles Austin so its nice to have a good group of players who know what theyre doing.

I cant complain too much about finishing third but going into the season with Rodgers at QB, MJD, Gore, Fred Jackson, Beanie Wells and Lynch at RB and Mike Wallace, Britt and Santonio at WR I really liked my chances.

Payouts are 60/30/10 and Im gonna try to handle those right now.

We have one person who didnt pay. Not sure if hes a member of the forum or not. I tried sending a message through leaguesafe but dont know if it worked. For the time being Ill pay first and second and wont pay myself for third until that gets handled. Can first and second PM me verifying their real names so I know I send it to the right people.

We have one person who didnt pay. Not sure if hes a member of the forum or not. I tried sending a message through leaguesafe but dont know if it worked. For the time being Ill pay first and second and wont pay myself for third until that gets handled. Can first and second PM me verifying their real names so I know I send it to the right people.

Devildogs/Duane Martinovich

Ok everyone is paid up. We obviously have plenty of time until we need to get organized but it cant hurt to look ahead. If any owners dont plan on returning let me know, if youre not sure then dont worry about it right now just try to let me know whenever you decide and give me enough time to replace you.

I also want to propose a tweak in the scoring for defenses. Maybe just lower sacks to 1.5 and takeaways from 4 to 3 or 2. I just dont feel a game should be won or lost because someones defense scores 40+ points.

Finally, Im 99% sure that next season we are going to be starting a 2nd league through talkbears. If a few of you from this league are interested in maybe being in both let me know. I have had a good amount of people wanting to join this league and had to turn them down so I thought it would be nice if once I got this league running smoothly to create another one to give some other people a shot, and I think this year went pretty well. As of now Ill assume the basics of the league would be the same, $25 with the same or similar scoring and wed have to decide about making it a keeper league.

So anyone from this league or anyone who isnt in a league who is reading this, if youre interested throw your name out there because Im not sure how fast it will fill up.

Thanks again!

I'm in again! I'll just stay in the one original one though.

Lowering D points to what you say is OK by me...

Ok everyone is paid up. We obviously have plenty of time until we need to get organized but it cant hurt to look ahead. If any owners dont plan on returning let me know, if youre not sure then dont worry about it right now just try to let me know whenever you decide and give me enough time to replace you.

I also want to propose a tweak in the scoring for defenses. Maybe just lower sacks to 1.5 and takeaways from 4 to 3 or 2. I just dont feel a game should be won or lost because someones defense scores 40+ points.

Finally, Im 99% sure that next season we are going to be starting a 2nd league through talkbears. If a few of you from this league are interested in maybe being in both let me know. I have had a good amount of people wanting to join this league and had to turn them down so I thought it would be nice if once I got this league running smoothly to create another one to give some other people a shot, and I think this year went pretty well. As of now Ill assume the basics of the league would be the same, $25 with the same or similar scoring and wed have to decide about making it a keeper league.

So anyone from this league or anyone who isnt in a league who is reading this, if youre interested throw your name out there because Im not sure how fast it will fill up.