2011 Official TalkBears Fantasy Football Check-in

DrunkBomber

Also Id like to add that I forgot to include fleas team as one with a $5 credit because I was going off of the leaguesafe site and forgot that he had sent me a check for $25 last year. So if we did go $30 this year hed only owe $25 with the others I listed or if we go $25 he would owe $20.

I sent out the leaguesafe requests for 25 but if we decide to make it 30 we can change it. Ill just have to figure out a way to credit everyone. So just dont worry about that for now. Flea you can send a check again or paypal or do whatever works for you.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, thats what it means. This is what the draft order would be:

1. The Mad Lithuanians

2. Bluecollarbears

3. Cali Bears

4. Nopper

5. Da' Grizzled

6. DevilDogs

7. The Bunny

8. PapaBear

9. Acedthesobrietytest

10. Crushers

Excellent! Now I can waste a chunk of my Sunday "mock drafting." With no good sports to watch today, I was starting to worry I may have to be productive.

Also Id like to add that I forgot to include fleas team as one with a $5 credit because I was going off of the leaguesafe site and forgot that he had sent me a check for $25 last year. So if we did go $30 this year hed only owe $25 with the others I listed or if we go $25 he would owe $20.

I sent out the leaguesafe requests for 25 but if we decide to make it 30 we can change it. Ill just have to figure out a way to credit everyone. So just dont worry about that for now. Flea you can send a check again or paypal or do whatever works for you.

Are ya sure? I didn't pay by cheque paid via paypal

also pm me your paypal for when a $$ amount is decided

I vote for waviers only...

Reduce roster size to your proposal.

Ill repost what I put on the yahoo site

Ok there are actually 2 issues we need to figure out

Issue one. Waivers or no waivers. Ill say right off the bat if we dont have waivers we cant have a set time to start picking up FA because theres no difference to having no set time then. Peoples availability to be in front of a cpu will always be different so it has to either be let them pick up FA whenever they want or just have waivers. Please reply to this post with waivers or no waivers. I personally vote no waivers and leave it how it is.

Issue two. Roster size.

A few people wanted smaller rosters. What I propose is we drop the WR/TE flex position and make both the WR/RB flex spots WR/RB/TE and then we drop TWO bench spots. So let me know if you are for this idea, want to keep it the way it is or have something else in mind.

Ok here is what I got so far:

For waivers- madlith, cali bears, bluecollarbears, alaskan grizzly

Against Waivers- acedthesobrietytest, nopper, drunkbomber, papabear

abstain-

Keep roster size- acedthesobrietytest, crushers, papabear

Smaller Roster size- madlith, cali bears, nopper, bluecollarbears, devildogs,

abstain- drunkbomber

Ok this is what I have got so far based on whats on either private conversations with people, the yahoo site or this thread. If you havent voted yet please voice your opinion or you will be counted as abstaining. It does appear the smaller rosters are a go with 5 votes and me abstaining. If I missed your vote or got it wrong also please let me know.

I think bowlingtwig may be on vacation...he asked that if an admin has his number, that he'd vote by vote or text I believe.

For waivers- madlith, cali bears, bluecollarbears, alaskan grizzly

abstain-

abstain- drunkbomber

Ok this is what I have got so far based on whats on either private conversations with people, the yahoo site or this thread. If you havent voted yet please voice your opinion or you will be counted as abstaining. It does appear the smaller rosters are a go with 5 votes and me abstaining. If I missed your vote or got it wrong also please let me know.

I think bowlingtwig may be on vacation...he asked that if an admin has his number, that he'd vote by vote or text I believe.

ya I have his number, he told me already he was for keeping the rosters, I was waiting to see if we needed his vote for waivers before bothering him on vacation but it appears we will.

Gotcha! Thanks again for heading this up... I run a fantasy league as well with my friends, and I swear it like wrangling cats!

ya I have his number, he told me already he was for keeping the rosters, I was waiting to see if we needed his vote for waivers before bothering him on vacation but it appears we will.

Gotcha! Thanks again for heading this up... I run a fantasy league as well with my friends, and I swear it like wrangling cats!

Devildogs votes for waivers. I think with everybody living in different time zones, it is an unfair advantage to pick players up when the game is on. Also I have mentioned being for the increase and for roster reduction.

For waivers- madlith, cali bears, bluecollarbears, alaskan grizzly, devildogs

abstain-

abstain- drunkbomber

Updated

Ok, Were gonna take away the wr/te flex position and 2 bench spots, so each roster will have 2 less players overall.

We will also move to a waiver system. I know theres only 5 votes for it and 4 against it but either way crushers vote wouldnt matter because if he voted for no waivers I would have to abstain my vote as commissioner to keep the number of votes odd and waivers would win anyway. I am just going to keep the buy in at $25 because a few people voiced concerns with raising it and the more I thought about it I think for us to change it the vote should have to be unanimous for something like that.

Sounds good.

Is there a draft day and time set?

Also, for payment, should I send only $20 since I had a $5 credit from last season?

Updated

Ok, Were gonna take away the wr/te flex position and 2 bench spots, so each roster will have 2 less players overall.

We will also move to a waiver system. I know theres only 5 votes for it and 4 against it but either way crushers vote wouldnt matter because if he voted for no waivers I would have to abstain my vote as commissioner to keep the number of votes odd and waivers would win anyway. I am just going to keep the buy in at $25 because a few people voiced concerns with raising it and the more I thought about it I think for us to change it the vote should have to be unanimous for something like that.

Who are everyone's keepers? The rules are we get to draft one player one round ahead of where we drafted them last year. I'm taking Arian Foster in the 3rd round. (I took him with the 1st pick in the 4th round last year).

This beats the hell out of last year when I kept Tashard Choice in the 15th round (and eventually dropped him)

Updated

Who are everyone's keepers? The rules are we get to draft one player one round ahead of where we drafted them last year. I'm taking Arian Foster in the 3rd round. (I took him with the 1st pick in the 4th round last year).

This beats the hell out of last year when I kept Tashard Choice in the 15th round (and eventually dropped him)

Just an FYI. I'm currently still on vacation down in Virginia Beach and we will be heading back to Illinois this afternoon. When I get the chance tomorrow I will look at the list to decide my keeper.

Yes Id say thats a significant upgrade from your keeper last year lol