Olin a Saint per PFT

madlithuanian

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/...ag-olin-kreutz/

This bodes very poorly for week 1...

What do you mean it bodes poorly? Kreutz blows now. He has for a few years. Even all us koolaid drinking bear fans know that this is a fact although it was hard to admit. I have a million percent more faith that our defense can turn him into a turnstile than I do at him keeping us at bay. I think this is an awesome advantage for us.

SN: If, and only if, you think he will know all of the calls etc and try to prep the other teams defense could this be seen as an advantage. Then again, knowing that he is the chief of the line and calls all the protection schemes, may I remind you that our line was horrendous last year? Again huge advantage!

this is funny..

"The Matt Tennant experiment didn't last long. Kreutz replaces Jonathan Goodwin in what projects as a downgrade in on-field performance. While Kreutz has a big name, the 34-year-old graded out 33rd among 34 qualifying centers in Pro Football Focus' 2010 ratings. Perhaps a change of scenery and better offense around him will help Kreutz, but he's clearly on a career downswing"

Apparently we are not the only ones that know it.. Guess Kreutz probably realizes it now since he didn't get a 4.5 million offer...

This ends all talk of the Bears being cheap with Olin. As I said before, their offer was above market value and he rejected it. He "didn't have a good feeling" about being wanted. Ok, whatever. He's still one of the Bears greats like many elite players he'll finish up for a year, perhaps two on another team.

He has a TON of inside info on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. He knows all the body language details of just about every guy. That will help the Saints coaches out tremendously. Yes, I'm sure we'll change some things. But body language and some of the other stuff will be the same.

We'll see. If he's going to play one good game all year, my bet would be it's the one agasint Chicago...and as washed up as he is, I think he's got at least one good game in him if not more.

Continue to drink the kool aid on this...but I'm not. The Saints are a damn good team w/ or w/o him. So givng his team the inside info will make our day that much tougher.

What do you mean it bodes poorly? Kreutz blows now. He has for a few years. Even all us koolaid drinking bear fans know that this is a fact although it was hard to admit. I have a million percent more faith that our defense can turn him into a turnstile than I do at him keeping us at bay. I think this is an awesome advantage for us.

SN: If, and only if, you think he will know all of the calls etc and try to prep the other teams defense could this be seen as an advantage. Then again, knowing that he is the chief of the line and calls all the protection schemes, may I remind you that our line was horrendous last year? Again huge advantage!

I completely stand corrected on that. This one's on you Olin... Don't spend it all in one place when you short arm the snap to Cool Brees...

This ends all talk of the Bears being cheap with Olin. As I said before, their offer was above market value and he rejected it. He "didn't have a good feeling" about being wanted. Ok, whatever. He's still one of the Bears greats like many elite players he'll finish up for a year, perhaps two on another team.

Wow...just wow. I really am disappointed in him.

I seriously was wrong calling out the team on this one. (I reserve the right to so so for other things!) But, in this instance, I was dead wrong about the team. At least it would appear as such from the info we have.

Blow him up D line! Get in there DT's!

He has a TON of inside info on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. He knows all the body language details of just about every guy. That will help the Saints coaches out tremendously. Yes, I'm sure we'll change some things. But body language and some of the other stuff will be the same.

We'll see. If he's going to play one good game all year, my bet would be it's the one agasint Chicago...and as washed up as he is, I think he's got at least one good game in him if not more.

Continue to drink the kool aid on this...but I'm not. The Saints are a damn good team w/ or w/o him. So givng his team the inside info will make our day that much tougher.

Mad L the Bears have a ton of info on his body language to and many of his tricks to try and draw teams off-sides and will be alerting the referees to some of those things also. Also the Saints and Bears have matched up a couple of times under both these two staffs so they have film on how each will attack so there is nothing he can tell them new. Another advantage we will have is that the last time we played the Saints Marinelli wasn't calling the defensive plays and his year down in Tampa as D-line coach should give us a little more insight also. With Kruetz only knowing of Marinelli's calls for one year he may not have some of the new things that may be added to the mix this year since there will be a couple of new players on the D-line that he has played with.

Whose "body language" are you referring to? Roy Williams, Sam Hurd, Marion Barber, Aaron Spencer, Gabe Carimi, Okoye, Gholston? Aren't these guys all new to the team this year? Isn't all that something that anyone could have read from watching game films?

If that were the case wouldn't Brett Farve been able to dissect GB better than he did when he played for Minny? I bet even Olin's best at this point will be worse that Omiyale's worst....and that's bad.

True, NO is a tough team. But having Kreutz on the team isn't going to make that much difference.

I wish Olin the very best in New Orleans and if they win another SB I would take consolation in knowing Olin got a ring he so very much deserved.

With that being said, the Saints throw out of shotgun almost every play....Kreutz can't snap out of shotgun to save his life. I still hope it works out for him, though.

Your normally slightly more sane than this. Its comical that you feel this way. I got a hundred bones says this scrub will make at least one mistake during that game. Paypal

F Olin. He blows worse than this lil girl who swore she could suck a mean one tonight while we were in the club. I kicked her the F out. Expect the Saints to treat him as I treated her.

I've heard that the Bears didn't even offer him $4m/yr. They were just ready to move on.

And for everyone who says that Spencer sucks- if he sucks, then Kreutz is god f***ing awful.

Olin signing for less money really pisses me. Good luck buddy, thanks for the memories and hope we knock your block off iff we get the chance.

Yes, we will have some inside info on Kreutz,,,and Brown. But he has info on just about everyone. If he was the team leader everyone makes him out to be. He has a boatload of info to share... I just see it as advantage Saints.

Mad L the Bears have a ton of info on his body language to and many of his tricks to try and draw teams off-sides and will be alerting the referees to some of those things also. Also the Saints and Bears have matched up a couple of times under both these two staffs so they have film on how each will attack so there is nothing he can tell them new. Another advantage we will have is that the last time we played the Saints Marinelli wasn't calling the defensive plays and his year down in Tampa as D-line coach should give us a little more insight also. With Kruetz only knowing of Marinelli's calls for one year he may not have some of the new things that may be added to the mix this year since there will be a couple of new players on the D-line that he has played with.

Olin knows all the tendencies and body language? Perhaps, but knowing how much film all NFL teams put together for their players it hardly matters. We're not the Jets, overall our defense is pretty plain, we just do what we do and we do it well. At the end of the day you still have be able to block the guy in front of you.

I'll wait to see all the details but Kreutz taking what appears to be a heavily incentive laden contract for $4.5mil vs. a guaranteed $4mil doesn't make sense. Veterans know how easily it is to get injured and recoveries take longer. I get the idea the "incentives" were structured solely for him to save face on the deal but I bet some are not likely to be earned. What's in there...Pro Bowl appearance? Even if the incentives are likely to be earned he just walked out on his NFC-contending teammates for a mere $500k. Makes no sense.

C'mon Alaska, I think you need to give me more credit than that? You list the free agents we picked up, and who's to say they will have a major role in the team other than maybe Roy? The vast bulk of our team are vets. Vets the Olin has been the "team leader" for for virtually a decade.

Ick, let's not compare Favre to Olin. What Farve's downward slide provided was just sheer joy to watch. I don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I'm not saying he will pre determine every single play and moment of the game. I'm saying he'll have enough to sniff out more than a normal opponent...and that the Saints are the type of squad, especially under Payton, that will utilize that the info to thier benefit. Seriously, are we that tricky at anything? I can usually predict plays from my armchair...

Kreutz may not make a difference through the season for them, but I firmly believe he will make a difference in the game against us. How much, we'll see. Luck and timing are huge factors in any game. But I still stand by "advantage" Saints.

Whose "body language" are you referring to? Roy Williams, Sam Hurd, Marion Barber, Aaron Spencer, Gabe Carimi, Okoye, Gholston? Aren't these guys all new to the team this year? Isn't all that something that anyone could have read from watching game films?

If that were the case wouldn't Brett Farve been able to dissect GB better than he did when he played for Minny? I bet even Olin's best at this point will be worse that Omiyale's worst....and that's bad.

True, NO is a tough team. But having Kreutz on the team isn't going to make that much difference.