Gruden returning to coaching...

GakMan23

My point exactly.

So what if he wants to go back to coaching? Good luck Chuckie...wherever he may land.

He would be someone worth looking at if only our front office realized things aren't working out under Martz as his scheme only works if everything is perfect. But Gruden probably will get snagged up by a team looking for a head coach.

I actually think Lovie has done a pretty solid job year in and year out considering the players he is given from his gm. Im not a fan of Martz and I think JA is one of the worst gms in all of sports but I cant complain with the job Lovie has done. He took this team to a Super Bowl with Grossman at Qb and Berrian as the number 1 WR, missed the playoffs by one game one year with Orton and Adrian Peterson starting and had us in the NFC championship last season with a combination of Hester and Knox as the number 1 wrs and one of the worst o lines in the NFL. It could be a lot worse.

I think Lovies tenure here is tied to Urlacher also. Even though they have strayed away from the tampa 2 a little more the past few years its worked here for so long because Urlacher is probably the best MLB in NFL history to run that type of defense. Once you lose him you basically are going to have to start over from scratch with a defensive scheme and thats probably the best time to look at a new coach.

I actually think Lovie has done a pretty solid job year in and year out considering the players he is given from his gm.

If you want a critique of Lovie, I'd say it's in player development. He's had regular infusions of drafted guys at positions of need who haven't produced, some of whom, like Mark Anderson, have gone on to having bigger success elsewhere.

If you want a critique of Lovie, I'd say it's in player development. He's had regular infusions of drafted guys at positions of need who haven't produced, some of whom, like Mark Anderson, have gone on to having bigger success elsewhere.

Thats a good point. I guess he is one of the better motivators and his team always seems to want to play their hearts out for him but youre right, it stings when we struggle to develop any of our young players whereas teams like the Packers and Steelers dont even sign free agents because they can consistently reload in the draft and seem to rarely miss. Its also a combination of JA not drafting the right players too. Either way Id rather see JA go then Lovie but it doesnt look like that will happen anytime soon.

Andersons is about the only player who went on to have bigger success elsewhere though? I can't think of many examples of guys who left the Bears and played significantly better after leaving (or even much better for that matter).

Chris Harris is another example (traded and made the probowl).

Benson is one more I can think of.

Thomas Jones did well for himself in NY.

Greg Olsen in CAR this year?

The OL that went to Dallas...I forget his name. Columbo?

There are not many, but there are a few. It appears more of a slight on JA than Smith.

Andersons is about the only player who went on to have bigger success elsewhere though? I can't think of many examples of guys who left the Bears and played significantly better after leaving (or even much better for that matter).

Chris Harris is another example (traded and made the probowl).