Green Bay's draft status

Alaskan Grizzly

I think the majority of Bears nation celebrated that loss. There were points where I was worried that the help the refs were giving GB would put them over the edge when it was all said and done. Interesting that those blown callse happened at key points. The first fumble that was initially called correctly was switched to down by contact by the ref that remembered they were on the GB payroll. Then when the Giants challenged they weren't going to over turn it. That extended a drive that lead to a TD. THen the bogus roughing that extended yet another key drive that resulted in a TD. 14 of their points were basically given to them. Reguardless, I was thrilled to see that cocky, overrated pice of trash team eliminiated from the playoffs.

I don't like the fact that we have to jump out of our seats to root for a Packers loss because we couldn't do it ourselves. That doesn't feel right. I respect the Packers organization and their team but It was nice to see them be a one and done team. In fact, the only team to never make the conference championship game after going 15-1. With that said, the Bears have A LOT of work to do just to get near the level of GB and it starts with this years draft and free agency.

Both NO and GB were over-rated. Glad to see them both out. I would like to see SF vs NE so SF can clobber NE and Brady.

we should be 1/8 the franchise the Patriots are...so i dont understand the hate. I am fairly bias, but still...the Bears are a mess and the Pats are one win away from the Super Bowl in a rebuilding year. That is pretty special

we should be 1/8 the franchise the Patriots are...so i dont understand the hate. I am fairly bias, but still...the Bears are a mess and the Pats are one win away from the Super Bowl in a rebuilding year. That is pretty special

More so for their play style. I am sick of the 5,000 yard passing teams, it reminds me of the USFL. I would rather see SF win over the other remaining teams.

Any packer loss is a Bears win. Period. I cheered today like the Bears won the game. Great stuff.

Oh yeah!! Long season, hard work, everyone's predicting another Super Bowl and the Puckers bow out in thier first playoff game! Gotta love it! :dabears

Hell yes I enjoyed that game. The favorites to win it all, nearly a perfect season and then can't even win a single post season game against an opponent with a mere 9 wins in the regular season! The only thing missing was Madden explaining away the Packers turnovers. Absolutely I enjoyed reveling in their misery. GO BEARS!

I don't like the fact that we have to jump out of our seats to root for a Packers loss because we couldn't do it ourselves. That doesn't feel right. I respect the Packers organization and their team but It was nice to see them be a one and done team. In fact, the only team to never make the conference championship game after going 15-1. With that said, the Bears have A LOT of work to do just to get near the level of GB and it starts with this years draft and free agency.

Since we arent playing this is the best thing that could happen. I dont think I could go threw another year of Packer fans had they won 2 years in a row. I have a lot of respect for the Packer org. after getting rid of Favre in favor of Rodgers, but cant stand there fans.

Oh yeah!! Long season, hard work, everyone's predicting another Super Bowl and the Puckers bow out in thier first playoff game! Gotta love it! :dabears

Not to malinger on the subject too long but saw a funny post today: Despite a 15-1 record "the Packers

won as many playoff games this year as the Bears did.". Goood stuff. :P

I'm sure I'll be chastised for this, but personally, I can care less what the Packers did. We are not even in their damn class right now!! There needs to be real competition for a rivalry unless there's thuggery. Packers have beat the Bears 7 out of the least 9 times they played. They are probably 3 years ahead of us and a top 5 team that had a bad day. We're paddling through shit with a couple of popsicle sticks!! Screw GB I don't care if they win and I don't care if they lose. I care that the Bears are not even an average let alone elite team in the NFL. As a Sox fan I feel the same way about the Cubs. I care as much about the Cubs losing as I do about the Padres losing. Who gives a crap. You know why fans have to relish in other teams misfortunes...it's cause their own team sucks. Keep your eye on the ball. This franchise is in shambles!!! I know all of you watched the games last week. Those are real fricken teams. I was embarrassed wearing my Bears shirt watching SF, NO, & NE because MY team hasn't been that good since 85. Yeah they went to the Superbowl in 06, but it was a tumultuous year to say the least. The NFC was shit. We had a QB controversy, RB controversy, WR controversy, Coaching blunders. If you read the boards during that year, you would swear we had a losing season. The defense bailed that team out with timely turnovers and Hester bailed the team out with timely touchdowns and starting field position with teams starting to pooch kick. There was rarely an enjoyable win. That dominant defense is gone and teams have been able to limit Hester...so what now? We have a good Defense and maybe another year before our defensive stars are on the decline but guess what...we have no fricken depth behind them. I fear the Bears will be rebuilding from scratch and we will have wasted the only franchise QB we have ever had. I have no confidence in this front office or coaching staff. They haven't given anyone any dam reason to have confidence. Be happy the Packers lost??? Please...I fuckin wish we had a year like them and like they will for the next 5!!!

Fine I'll say it.

If Cutler and Forte were healthy, the Bears were winning that game in GB. I have no idea how they'd do it, but they were going to win that game.

You're delusional. Why because the Bears held them to 14 points in the first half? It was 14-3 at halftime. Maybe it's because the Bears scored on their opening drive of the second half to make it 14-10!! Ooh we were so close for 1 minute and 33 seconds since that's all it took for GB to put up another 7. After another Bears 3 and out...GB marched 75 yds down the field and put up another 7. Now being down 28-10 and forcing the Bears to throw GB gets a pick. Takes them 3 plays to move 33 yards and score another 7. 35-10. Is this where you just got that funny feeling in your belly the Bears we're mounting their great comeback??? In desperation time...down 35-10....in the 4th quarter and with Hester getting them to the 33...it took them 6:59 and 12 plays to score. GB was so concerned that the Bears got within 3 scores that they brought Matt Flynn in the game. They didn't even let him throw the ball or GB probably would have scored again. YAY...we stopped them!!! Lets end this game feeling good and have a 13 play drive that's ends with a meaningless field goal from the 12 yard line because we can't punch it in against one of the leagues worst pass defense in the league!!!

Well you can feel remorse in our team losing but that will in no way shape or form make me less happy to see the Packers lose. The fact that they were able to go 15-1 and EVERYONE thought they were unstoppable (except NY who didn't get the memo) makes it that much more enjoyable. Is our teal that much worse? Dont think so. Most will agree here that the team helped itself immensely with Angelo and Martz leaving. I've said it before and will again. The Bears are not this years Colts. Nor are they the Bengals or Lions or Saints of old. Theyre better than that.

Well you can feel remorse in our team losing but that will in no way shape or form make me less happy to see the Packers lose. The fact that they were able to go 15-1 and EVERYONE thought they were unstoppable (except NY who didn't get the memo) makes it that much more enjoyable. Is our teal that much worse? Dont think so. Most will agree here that the team helped itself immensely with Angelo and Martz leaving. I've said it before and will again. The Bears are not this years Colts. Nor are they the Bengals or Lions or Saints of old. Theyre better than that.

Great post. It's possible to divide the two things that make you happy. If one fails to come through, it's still possible to keep a level head, be upset about it, but still find pleasure in watching your arch nemesis get upset in the playoffs in their first game.

I really felt the media was too happy to "crown their ass" with respect to GB. ...like they were the next dynasty. Sure, they very well may get another SB soon, but then it also wouldn't shock me if they didn't ...and Rodger's 1 SB win ends up his only one. How bout we actually make them win first before we put them all in the HoF?

I was super happy to know they'll watching from home just like our 8-8 Bears. And to Controlled Chaos, I don't like losing to them 4 times in one year either, but I'm also not going to pretend like we didn't win the division last year. If we're gonna crown their asses, I think we'd expect them to not lose their division, squeak into the playoffs their SB year and get beat one-and-done the next.