Official 2012 NFL Draft Thread

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I was listening to Mike Mayock chat earlier. Mayock is someone who I think is one of the better NFL guys on the draft. And he was talking about the oline and indicated that this years interior lineman class is one of the best classes in years. He went on to talk about how there will be talented guys being taken in the 3rd and 4th rounds. It also appears to be a pretty deep wideout draft (not a lot of 1st round wideouts, but some real quality in the latter rounds).

I know a lot of us here have talked a bit about Nicks, but with this being the case, I think it points more towards me (if the Bears can land a good wideout via FA), looking at drafting LT/de/cb (RD 1) and guard in this years draft and than looking at one of the project type wideout's out there in the late 2nd or with one of our 3rd's.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Caught this on the TFY Draft Insiders blog:

We’ve been told there’s a very real chance the Chicago Bears use their first round selection on Kendall Wright as they are looking for a receiver that can line up in the slot. We hear worry about Johnny Knox ever returning to prior form after his back injury late last season also factors into this . The team also has an interest in Shea McClellin of Boise State, whom they would use at defensive end.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6238

Caught this on the TFY Draft Insiders blog:

We’ve been told there’s a very real chance the Chicago Bears use their first round selection on Kendall Wright as they are looking for a receiver that can line up in the slot. We hear worry about Johnny Knox ever returning to prior form after his back injury late last season also factors into this . The team also has an interest in Shea McClellin of Boise State, whom they would use at defensive end.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6238

I dont see us drafting a WR at 19, but wouldnt be upset if they did draft Wright, he is consistently listed as the 3rd best WR in the draft and would fit well with Marshall. Also I think they should consider McClellin at a DE. He is a productive high motor guy and I think he could play DE but most list him at OLB. He probably is a 2nd round type of pick.

Also from TFY:

- On Tuesday we reported the Chicago Bears may consider Shea McLellin of Boise State in the first round. At some point in the draft the franchise will select an undersized speed rusher to play defensive end. Another player they are very high on would be Tim Fugger of Vanderbilt, who will be making an official visit to the team’s facilities.

• 2 weeks later...

No 2nd, they swap 1st rounders, and give up a 4, 5, & 7.

The Minnesota Vikings have traded the No. 3 overall pick to the Cleveland Browns for the No. 4 overall pick and three additional selections in the 2012 NFL Draft, according to Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer.

The Browns gave up their fourth-, fifth- and seventh-round picks (Nos. 118, 139, 211) this year, a source with knowledge of the situation told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora.

I have a feeling Minny is going to trade down again, they will have a boat load of picks, but hopefully they will screw up on who they select.

The thing is, they want to get either Kalil or Claiborne. They don't want to move down much further. I'm convinced they want Kalil. It's damn shrewd of them to put down the "we want to trade down" rumor. They got extra picks for nothing. Good for them, dumb for Cleveland.

They moved up one slot to get Richardson and give up a 2nd, 4th, and 5th? Wow, they must've been really worried about someone leap-frogging them.

Exactly. The Browns wanted to guarantee their single greatest need was met. Tampa was sitting at 5 coveting Richardson and was probably in play. Time will tell if they gave too much. But, they got their man and still have another first they can spend on WR.