Bears sign G Chilo Rachal

Guest TerraTor

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how good/bad Rachal is?

a high second round draft pick in 08, he started for most of 2 seasons for the niners in 09 and 10. he was replaced in 11 after game 3, a very poor game, and never regained the starting role. he is 26 years old and plays right guard only.

seems like he doesn't block very well...

http://www.ninersnation.com/2011/9/26/2451...ive-line-eagles

a high second round draft pick in 08, he started for most of 2 seasons for the niners in 09 and 10. he was replaced in 11 after game 3, a very poor game, and never regained the starting role. he is 26 years old and plays right guard only.

IMHO this is a bad pick up. Hell if he cant block in the 49ers run first system......with him and Webb on the opposite side they are going to get Culer killed

I think this doesn't bode well for Spencer. He's making 3.5 mil, e Williams can play center, we have Louis also. One of them will be gone.

From what I'm hearing....all three Spencer, Williams and Louis all block better than this chilo Rachal dude. Maybe he is just going to be used for the training camp as a blocking dummy!

I think this doesn't bode well for Spencer. He's making 3.5 mil, e Williams can play center, we have Louis also. One of them will be gone.

From what I'm hearing....all three Spencer, Williams and Louis all block better than this chilo Rachal dude. Maybe he is just going to be used for the training camp as a blocking dummy!

IMHO this is a bad pick up. Hell if he cant block in the 49ers run first system......with him and Webb on the opposite side they are going to get Culer killed

I dont think you can really judge this as good or bad yet. I think they will just see if he can beat anybody out, if not, he will be gone.

not sure i can disagree with that. seems like we got rid of a tackle, frankie, who couldn't block and signed a guard of the same quality. guess that ends hopes of drafting a good guard in the first three rounds.

Thanks for the post and the comment info...

The Bears FINALLY sign a veteran OL. EVERYONE wanted one of these, right? So they finally do, and already you people start to compare him to Frank Omiyale, the worst OT on Earth. Wow. You either want a veteran or you don't. Pick one. Hint: great OL don't hit the market, and when they do, paying them $10m/year is a dumb idea

If you can't eat your cake, why want it? ;)

- I just think it's a solid depth move.

The Bears FINALLY sign a veteran OL. EVERYONE wanted one of these, right? So they finally do, and already you people start to compare him to Frank Omiyale, the worst OT on Earth. Wow. You either want a veteran or you don't. Pick one. Hint: great OL don't hit the market, and when they do, paying them $10m/year is a dumb idea

Agreed. All we heard was that no OLineman had been signed and after the first one some negativity before he is even on the field. Wow! 38 games started out of 55 played and he is Omiyale. When this kid came out of USC he was considered a top prospect at his position. 8 games as a rookie,15 as a 2nd yr player 14 as a 3rd yr player and 3 last year under a new coach. A new coach trying to change the culture may have also brought a different blocking schem and realized that he didn't fit. Lets keep this in perspective and see just what Tice has in mind because I have to believe that he is on board with this pickup regardless of what we think on this board.

Agree, I am sure Tice, Smith, and Emery know exactly what they are getting, I have faith that Tice can get this guy motivated! If not, no risk, he will be cut before we even start the season.

Right! its a fricken 1 year deal that can't be worth that much now.

Oops, I meant to say "no great OL ever hit the market, and when they do, they're OG's, not OT's."

Agree with everyone. This is a 1 year deal. If he is outplayed by E.Williams in TC, cut him. People are acting like they gave him 4 years, $14 million like they did with Omiyale.

And for the record, when Omiyale signed with the Bears, I checked the Panthers' board at Footballsfuture.com or whatever the site is called, and a lot of people said he was a good player. Maybe when he got paid, he lost motivation here.

Oops, I meant to say "no great OL ever hit the market, and when they do, they're OG's, not OT's."

Agree with everyone. This is a 1 year deal. If he is outplayed by E.Williams in TC, cut him. People are acting like they gave him 4 years, $14 million like they did with Omiyale.

And for the record, when Omiyale signed with the Bears, I checked the Panthers' board at Footballsfuture.com or whatever the site is called, and a lot of people said he was a good player. Maybe when he got paid, he lost motivation here.

Yep! We heard that they wanted to create competition at certain positions and now you see it. DON'T WE ALL THINK THAT THIS LINE NEEDS TO BE CHALLENGED FOR THEIR STARTING SPOTS?