Alshon Jeffrey

DABEARSDABOMB

Outside of the top 2 picks, I think this is the best wideout on the board (Floyd/Blackmon were better). Bears gave up a 5th to get it (I'm fine with that). This guy can go get the ball and is just a flat out good wideout. I don't know how he will play at this new weight but I'm excited. Cutler has some weapons.

I expect defense/olinemen the rest of this draft.

Well...... Terra picks it again

Here is some info on him.

Alshon Jeffery

Height: 6-2⅞ | Weight: 216 | 40-Time: 4.48

Official Bio

Strengths:

• Great height and bulk with long arms and huge hands

• Fantastic leaping ability, body control and ball skills

• Wide catch radius and can snatch balls out of the air

• Physical and understands how to utilize that big frame

• Runs with power and can break tackles after the catch

• Very tough and is willing sacrifice his body if needed

• Really takes care of the football and rarely fumbles

• An above average blocker who gives sufficient effort

• Productive and durable w/ lots of quality experience

Weaknesses:

• Lacks top end speed and doesn't get much separation

• Not very explosive with marginal burst and acceleration

• Poor route runner and doesn't know how to get open

• Focus will wane and drops too many catchable passes

• A bit stiff and lacks quickness / agility to create in space

• Maturity / Work Ethic / Dedication have been questioned

• Played in system that's produced a lot of busts in pros

• Conditioning issues and has a tendency to gain weight

Injury History:

• Suffered a broken hand which required surgery in 2011

Notes:

A three-year starter and team captain for the Gamecocks --- A 2nd Team All-American in 2010 --- Named 1st Team All-SEC in 2010 and 2nd Team in 2011 --- Brother, Shamier Jeffery, also plays football at South Carolina --- A standout basketball player in high school and was part of a team that went 80-0 and won four state championships --- Owns the school record for career receiving yards, which is also the second-highest total in SEC history, as well as single-season receptions and receiving yards --- Missed spring practice in 2010 due to an academic issue --- Photo taken prior to the 2011 season in which Jeffery looked bloated and out of shape raised more than a few eyebrows --- Had 4 catches for 148 yards and 1 touchdown in 2012 Capital One Bowl but got ejected for fighting with Nebraska CB Alfonzo Dennard --- Did not have the big junior campaign that most were expecting but opted to go pro anyway --- Is too much of a one-trick pony (jump balls) and deficiencies were masked in Steve Spurrier's offense but could be in for a rude awakening at the next level --- Overrated prospect with major bust potential who was a better collegiate player than pro prospect.

NFL Player Comparison: Mike Williams

Career Statistics

Year GP REC YDS YPC TD

2009 13 46 763 16.6 6

2010 14 88 1,517 17.2 9

2011 13 49 762 15.6 8

Totals 40 183 3,042 16.6 23

2012 NFL DRAFT | 2012 NFL DRAFT | 2012 NFL DRAFT

© 2012. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer | Media Inquiries | Advertise

This site is an independently operated source of news and information and is in no way affiliated with the National Football League (NFL) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). All information listed within this site is copyright of Scott Wright and Draft Countdown. Any reproduction, republication or redistribution of this site's content without express consent is strictly prohibited and will be pursued to the fullest extent of the law.

Talk about major YAC. Jeffery is one of the more physical runners after the catch in college football. Brandon Marshall is probably the best in all of the NFL in terms of running after the catch. Two huge Redzone targets. What's that noise I hear? Oh that's just the collective groan from all NFC North teams after this pick.

Had 4 catches for 148 yards and 1 touchdown in 2012 Capital One Bowl but got ejected for fighting with Nebraska CB Alfonzo Dennard ---

I remember this. Was watching the game (as my family follows Nebraska - most of which were at the game) and the commentators were going on and on about how talented this kid was. They had no doubt he would be a great NFL receiver. Watching him I thought "man this guy's huge" and he resembled more a Calvin Johnson than a Mike Williams to me. Another thing I liked, although it got him kicked out of the game, was the fighting. He and Dennard were mixing it up pretty much all game. That's the kind of receiver I want, someone that is going to fight for the ball every time. He was, they showed most of all the replays. And despite his getting thrown out of the game, he STILL won he MVP for that game.

This is simply an awesome pick. Mostly because he was gotten in the 2nd round but also because now he is a Bear. Super Bowl here we come!

Talk about major YAC. Jeffery is one of the more physical runners after the catch in college football. Brandon Marshall is probably the best in all of the NFL in terms of running after the catch. Two huge Redzone targets. What's that noise I hear? Oh that's just the collective groan from all NFC North teams after this pick.

He is our #2 and Bennett plays in the slot, where he belongs.

Hester is going to be utilized in the slot as well. If Knox finds a way back, I really love our wide receiving corps. Great combo of size and speed.

Random side note, this guy put up good numbers against some of the top defenses in the SEC, including Alabama who had a safety and cb go in the 1st round.

Hester is going to be utilized in the slot as well. If Knox finds a way back, I really love our wide receiving corps. Great combo of size and speed.

Random side note, this guy put up good numbers against some of the top defenses in the SEC, including Alabama who had a safety and cb go in the 1st round.

Hell yes! It is nice to have a pick that the majority is happy with. That being said, where is Jason?

He is our #2 and Bennett plays in the slot, where he belongs.

PFW has him ranked as the 49th best player

NFP has him ranked as the 99th best player

GBND has him as the 40th best player

Draftcountdown has him at 59.

He seems to have a lot of varied opinions on him, just hope he does well for us.

It seems that Emery has a plan and it doenst include much help for the OL.