3rd Round: Brandon Hardin

Stinger226

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping they would take Massie and don't understand this pick at all. I'm just wondering if what you , a few others and myself have been saying Williams is going back to LT.

God, let's hope so, because they sure aren't going to get immediate help from a 4th round and beyond LT. Otherwise Webb is still LT, the OL is not improved, and all the tools in the world will not help Cutler when he's running for his life and getting grass stains on his ass.

Meh. WR in Round 2 made a lot of sense, especially where he could have gone. But this pick makes me shake my head, just like McClellin.

With one legit OT talent - albeit not great - left on the board, how do they not draft him? I guess they really are content with their OL. :shakehead

Draft a guy that did not play because of an injury..... Sound like anyone we know??????

Shaking my head again

I'm starting to feel like Jerry Angelo never left. Or maybe Lovie Smith is actually in charge after all. This pick and the 1st rounder has Lovie's finger prints all over it. I hate drafting "Special Teamers" in the 3rd round, much less a guy that's always hurt. This guy wasn't even invited to the combine and you use a 3rd round pick on him?

I'm starting to feel like Jerry Angelo never left. Or maybe Lovie Smith is actually in charge after all. This pick and the 1st rounder has Lovie's finger prints all over it. I hate drafting "Special Teamers" in the 3rd round, much less a guy that's always hurt. This guy wasn't even invited to the combine and you use a 3rd round pick on him?

Didn't taking Conte in the 3rd round last year turn out pretty good?

You figure we're a lock to take a DT in round #4.

God, let's hope so, because they sure aren't going to get immediate help from a 4th round and beyond LT. Otherwise Webb is still LT, the OL is not improved, and all the tools in the world will not help Cutler when he's running for his life and getting grass stains on his ass.

Come on Jason where's your faith we have 2 starters from the 7th round, there has to be a former running back who grew into a left tackle at college who should be a good value at 220

Didn't taking Conte in the 3rd round last year turn out pretty good?

You figure we're a lock to take a DT in round #4.

Jury is still out. He at least showed flashes but nevertheless, injury prone just like Major "Made of porcelain Wright". Massie was sitting right there and we passed. There were also some decent corners.. Ugh.

Come on Jason where's your faith we have 2 starters from the 7th round, there has to be a former running back who grew into a left tackle at college who should be a good value at 220

We have two 7th rounders who are starters.

We don't have two starters who are 7th rounders.

Big difference.

Mccellin- concussion

Hardan - shoulder all of 2011....

FuckLovie

Watch his Intro at the Bears site, He addresses the concussion as a false report, he had one in his sophomore year and the other was for sickness. 1 concussion and no games missed. Sounds like injury prone to me. also is there any way add word filters to forum. Iam tired of seeing filth on this board.

Watch his Intro at the Bears site, He addresses the concussion as a false report, he had one in his sophomore year and the other was for sickness. 1 concussion and no games missed. Sounds like injury prone to me. also is there any way add word filters to forum. Iam tired of seeing filth on this board.

Exactly, the people touting McClellin as injury prone are ignorant

How many did McClellin miss last year???

None for 2 years, the year of his concussion he didnt miss either

Here is the bio on Harden

Notes:

A track standout as a Hawaiian prep. Redshirted in 2007. Saw action in 13 games at cornerback in ’08, making 13 tackles, zero pass breakups and no interceptions with half a tackle for loss. Fractured his left hand and right wrist in early October against Utah and played the rest of the season with the injuries. Was part of a three-man rotation at cornerback in ’09 while playing in all 13 games with three starts at right cornerback and recording 29-4-1. Made all 12 starts at RCB in ’10 with 63-3-0 with 1 1⁄2 tackles for loss, one sack, three forced fumbles and one blocked extra point. Graduated in June. Missed the ’11 season after suffering a broken shoulder, which required surgery, during fall camp but returned to play in the East-West Shrine Game in January ’12.

Positives:

Excellent size and athletic ability. Has played corner and safety and has extensive experience locked in man coverage. Good balance, hip flex, change of direction and body control for his size. Can turn and run vertical. Zone-aware. Supports the run aggressively. Heavy hitter. Plays with awareness and football intelligence. Has the traits and mentality for special teams. Outstanding character and makeup.

Negatives:

Could improve press technique. Average pedal fluidity. Lacks ideal explosion and recovery burst to survive on an island. Stressed by smaller, quicker receivers (gives up separation at the top of stems). Minimal ball production. Does not always arrive under control to tackle. At times gets wired to blocks. Relatively inexperienced (only one full season as a starter).

Summary:

Intriguing size-speed prospect who looks like a safety and was athletic enough to play corner in college. Has desirable intangibles and at worst should be a versatile, valuable backup and core special-teams player. Has more upside than former OSU safety Sabby Piscitelli, who was overdrafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2007.

http://cache.profootballweekly.com/prospec...ndon-hardin-17/

Hmmm, big guy who covers well for his size but isn't the quickest...could be used at safety...stressed by smaller, quicker receivers. It certainly occurs to me that Hardin sounds similar to Peanut Tillman. Probably faster top speed actually, but without the forced fumble skills or experience obviously. But maybe could develop into just as good of a tackler.

Hmmm, big guy who covers well for his size but isn't the quickest...could be used at safety...stressed by smaller, quicker receivers. It certainly occurs to me that Hardin sounds similar to Peanut Tillman. Probably faster top speed actually, but without the forced fumble skills or experience obviously. But maybe could develop into just as good of a tackler.

Possibly. However, I suspect we're more interested in using his size to match up with all the dynamic TE's who seem to always tear the Bears apart. Seemingly our only answer to the TE's is to put the strong side linebacker on them, like Nick Roach, who doesn't have the speed. Or put the nickel back on them, which in our case is DJ Moore, who at 5-9 has trouble matching up with 6-5.

If we have a 6-3 strong safety we can put on the TE in passing downs, that'd help.

Here are his numbers from his pro day and in comparison to the Safeties at the combine:

4.44 40yd, 24 reps, 10'4" Broad, 6.88 3-cone, 4.17 shuttle

1st in 40-yd, 1st in Bench Press, (T-3rd) in Broad, 5th in 3-cone, 8th in shuttle

Look at this guy at his pro day:

I think it is funny that NE reaches for Wilson (Safety) at 48 who was a 4th-5th round projection, yet Emery drafts a guy at 79 who would've gone by our next pick and he is chastised. The only other player I would've picked here was Massie.

Here are his numbers from his pro day and in comparison to the Safeties at the combine:

4.44 40yd, 24 reps, 10'4" Broad, 6.88 3-cone, 4.17 shuttle

1st in 40-yd, 1st in Bench Press, (T-3rd) in Broad, 5th in 3-cone, 8th in shuttle

Look at this guy at his pro day:

I think it is funny that NE reaches for Wilson (Safety) at 48 who was a 4th-5th round projection, yet Emery drafts a guy at 79 who would've gone by our next pick and he is chastised. The only other player I would've picked here was Massie.

Mercy....all very impressive info!

Hopefully he can push Major Wright out of here.