Tim Jennings

jason

The dude keeps playing well, keeps putting in the effort, and I'm ecstatic about his performance this year.

Against the Cowgirls he was the defensive player in tight coverage when Ogletree let the ball ricochet high in the air. The ball was gone before Jennings touched him, but I'm sure the coverage affected the play.

Briggs' INT doesn't get returned for a TD if not for Jennings. He flew in to help out, giving just enough support for Briggs to waltz into the end zone.

And on two of the three missed Cowboy bombs, it was either Conte or Wright who should have had coverage. I don't remember the other.

The Bears may have found a long term (edit: cornerback).

Agreed.

I mentioned to my buddy during the game that Jennings sealed that Briggs return. Great hustle. Smart and hard play by Jennings is making him really shine.

The dude keeps playing well, keeps putting in the effort, and I'm ecstatic about his performance this year.

Against the Cowgirls he was the defensive player in tight coverage when Ogletree let the ball ricochet high in the air. The ball was gone before Jennings touched him, but I'm sure the coverage affected the play.

Briggs' INT doesn't get returned for a TD if not for Jennings. He flew in to help out, giving just enough support for Briggs to waltz into the end zone.

And on two of the three missed Cowboy bombs, it was either Conte or Wright who should have had coverage. I don't remember the other.

The Bears may have found a long term safety.

you mean cornerback?

HA! Yes, obviously. I was going to make a connection to the fact that we have not had stability in the safety position, but with CB he may be our next Peanut, and that the deep balls were really a problem with the safeties, but I got called away to work and cut the post short without the proper copy/paste movements.

The Bears may have found a long term (edit: cornerback).

What has changed from last year to this year? He is a different player this year. He played in a similar system before coming to the Bears( Indy)...Whatever it is keep doing it.

What has changed from last year to this year? He is a different player this year. He played in a similar system before coming to the Bears( Indy)...Whatever it is keep doing it.

Something I heard about him was that he worked a lot in the offseason. More sepcifically his jumping ability. That was pretty evident in the first two games, especially when he leapt to get those two INT's during the Indy game. That and a lot of time with the "JUGS" machine.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-09...th-tim-jennings

g25800000000000000009af52965160438664799

Actually I saw a stat that said he did not let up a TD reception all of last year. He got benched, but was actually very solid all year.

He had the 2nd best CB performance in 2011:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/...mances-of-2011/

17th Best rated CB in 2011 (16th in 2010):

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/...-chicago-bears/

While I agree that Jennings has played outstanding so far. The MVP of the defense is Melton. Those picks, tipped balls etc. have been a result of the pressure that the D-line has generated and Melton has showed signs of being the DT that this scheme needs to succeed.Its still early like last season but Melton also is playing at a pro bowl level and I think he needs to be acknowledged also. If my poor stats memory serves me right he led DTs in sack last year and he is on a pretty good pace this season.

Something I heard about him was that he worked a lot in the offseason. More sepcifically his jumping ability. That was pretty evident in the first two games, especially when he leapt to get those two INT's during the Indy game. That and a lot of time with the "JUGS" machine.

Wow. That picture is a pretty incredible indication of Jennings' ability to jump. Considering Avery is 5'11", a couple inches off the ground, and not quite erect, that has to be about a 40 inch vertical.

Wow. That picture is a pretty incredible indication of Jennings' ability to jump. Considering Avery is 5'11", a couple inches off the ground, and not quite erect, that has to be about a 40 inch vertical.

It's what they call: "going up and getting the ball at its highest point". Since he's (Jennings) pretty short he had to come up with a way to play big. Think he may have found it.

mmm...jugs machine. Sounds fun. ;)

Get ready to open the checkbooks Phil...

Cutty and Hank need loot.

While I agree that Jennings has played outstanding so far. The MVP of the defense is Melton. Those picks, tipped balls etc. have been a result of the pressure that the D-line has generated and Melton has showed signs of being the DT that this scheme needs to succeed.Its still early like last season but Melton also is playing at a pro bowl level and I think he needs to be acknowledged also. If my poor stats memory serves me right he led DTs in sack last year and he is on a pretty good pace this season.