Bears @ Jaguars, 10/7/12

balta1701-A

I guess Url had it right, Best defense since he been here. I never in all my years seen a D like this in Chicago.

and it seems to be getting better.

What a difference a half makes. I would pull starters now, no reason to get hurt.

That was the most fun I've had watching a single half of football in maybe the entire time I've ever watched the Bears. Maybe the Cardinals debacle beats it, but this game was a complete beat-down in the second half, and I loved it.

There were a lot of weird similarities to last weeks win. The team came alive in the second half, Tillman returns an INT (after the receiver continued deep and the pass was short - just like last week) for a TD, Briggs' catch run and score, Hester's reception that looked almost incomplete (although last week he did it for a score) and until the end it looked like they were going to do the 'sweetness score' of 34 like last week.

I hope they don't become predictable. Ha ha !

With Alshon my guess is broken finger or hand.

I don't count myself as a "doubter" but I'm still waiting to see what happens when we play another team with a solid pass rush. Dallas had a guy or two out when they played us, the Jags just plain suck.

Still, can't complain about the W. 4-1 at the break is nice and I guess we needed it right about now given Jeffrey's injury. Hopefully that doesn't prove to be anything significant. He opens the field up a lot and he's pushed Hester to be better than he's been at WR in his whole career. Nice to see our running game smash it down their throats too.

Still, I'd like to see more pressure on the QB. Having GB two games behind us in the standings with Houston up next for them is nice! I can't believe the Queens keep putting up wins. Their D has been almost as good as ours, points wise.

Well, we can relax for a week.

Finally, the offense wakes up a little bit. 3 straight drives resulting in 2 TD's and a FG.

They had almost 200 yards of total offense in the 1st half. It wasn't like they weren't moving the ball. Game was very simlar to the Cowboys game. Effective offense in the 1st half (but not enough points to show for it), domination in the 2nd half.

They had almost 200 yards of total offense in the 1st half. It wasn't like they weren't moving the ball. Game was very simlar to the Cowboys game. Effective offense in the 1st half (but not enough points to show for it), domination in the 2nd half.

True. But unlike last week, I felt like we should have been dominating the scoreboard early on against a lifeless Jaguars team that's at the bottom of the league in both offense and defense.. Dallas' defense is really good, so I wasn't expecting an offensive explosion. They executed, and finished drives better in the 2nd half. Cutler started off with a pick, and I thought "Oh boy.. here comes the trap game." Luckily, the defense gave us another spark to open the game up more for the offense.