Chicago (8-6) at Arizona (5-9), Sunday 3:25pm

adam

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me out all you want, but if the Bears win it will be a mixed bag of emotions for me. I'll love the win, but hate the fact that it's false hope (they'll get killed in the playoffs), and it's a small arrow in Lovie Smith's quiver.

I agree, I don't know if I want a 10-6 Wild Card loss team who keeps the same staff or an 8-8 team that cleans house. I am leaning towards 8-8.

It's a double edged sword if ever there was one.

Call me out all you want, but if the Bears win it will be a mixed bag of emotions for me. I'll love the win, but hate the fact that it's false hope (they'll get killed in the playoffs), and it's a small arrow in Lovie Smith's quiver.

Sadly, I think many a Bears fan is right there.

It is a thought of short term vs long term... Many here and elsewhere are thinking long term...

I agree, I don't know if I want a 10-6 Wild Card loss team who keeps the same staff or an 8-8 team that cleans house. I am leaning towards 8-8.

All my 12 year old son wanted for his birthday was to see the bears so I am driving 10 hours so he can see this game. After the packer's game I apologized to him that I was sorry we are spending so much money to watch a team that plays like crap. He said, "dad, who cares. It's the bears and they will kill the cardinals." Oh the optimism of youth.

Don't worry, they still have to go to Detroit and that could be the end.

Me too. there is no way in hell I want Lovie and co. to feel like they accomplished their goals by making the playoffs. The Bears are not going to move up to the next level as long as Lovie and his bunch run the show.

A loss pretty much solidifies the Lovie era coming to a close, and a win puts it on hold for another week. I think they'll win this week and I'm undecided on week 17. I think the Lions may have given up. 10-6 still feels like it'd be the likely scenario, but we'll see if that's good enough to get them in the postseason.

Any idea about who starts on the OL this week? Carimi, Brown, Spencer, Bozo the Clown?

Webb, Brown, Garza, Spencer, Carimi

A loss pretty much solidifies the Lovie era coming to a close, and a win puts it on hold for another week. I think they'll win this week and I'm undecided on week 17. I think the Lions may have given up. 10-6 still feels like it'd be the likely scenario, but we'll see if that's good enough to get them in the postseason.

I think there is a 0% chance they lose this week. Arizona is horrible and might be even worse than Jacksonville. Ryan Lindley has more tackles than TD's.

Webb, Brown, Garza, Spencer, Carimi

I think there is a 0% chance they lose this week. Arizona is horrible and might be even worse than Jacksonville. Ryan Lindley has more tackles than TD's.

If we lose tomorrow, Lovie needs to be fired at the post game podium.

I am clearly in with the hope of two losses to end the year, resulting in better draft picks and improved chances of public clamour assisting to prompt management to dump Lovie.

Hate to say it, but those are my feelings. The season is gone regardless, and I don't want to see the Bears get burned up in the first round of the playoffs regardless.

I am clearly in with the hope of two losses to end the year, resulting in better draft picks and improved chances of public clamour assisting to prompt management to dump Lovie.

Hate to say it, but those are my feelings. The season is gone regardless, and I don't want to see the Bears get burned up in the first round of the playoffs regardless.

Well the bad part is losing 2 games will barely change our draft position.