New Bears Coach

adam

He, Lovie, is more of a "this-is-my-system guy".

This is a great point, and often gets overlooked. How many times did we "just line up and try to beat someone", both on offense and defense. To me, that just begs to get beat by teams that are more creative than you. You don't let the other team dictate what you do, and you have to play to your strengths and to the opponents weaknesses. I don't know how often we did that. We really did nothing "advanced" on either side of the ball, it was the skill of our players that gave us our wins.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCoy seems like he has faded as a top candidate with the Bears now. He's already been contacted by teams that want a second interview. Nothing from the Bears yet. Seems like he's Arizona bound, and Trestman, Arians, and or Dennison could be in the mix for the job.

Check that.. Trestman might be out of it too. Brad Biggs retweeted a reporter that claims Trestman was interviewing with the Raiders for their OC job. Must not be too confident about getting the Bears gig. Not sure why he'd be interviewing for other positions.

McCoy seems like he has faded as a top candidate with the Bears now. He's already been contacted by teams that want a second interview. Nothing from the Bears yet. Seems like he's Arizona bound, and Trestman, Arians, and or Dennison could be in the mix for the job.

Check that.. Trestman might be out of it too. Brad Biggs retweeted a reporter that claims Trestman was interviewing with the Raiders for their OC job. Must not be too confident about getting the Bears gig. Not sure why he'd be interviewing for other positions.

If coaches we interviewed are interviewing for lesser positions, it hard for me to believe that they have not been already informed that they are no longer being considered for the HC job.

There is also rumors swirling around that Dennison's interview didn't go so well. It only went for 2 hours. Here are some quotes.

Mark Potash ‏@MarkPotash

Rick Dennison on his Bears interview: "It was brief. I was really focused on [the game]. It was a great visit and that's all it really was."

Mark Potash ‏@MarkPotash

Dennison said his interview was "simple. Not a lot of Xs and Os. Just about me, what I've done. Where I've been. How I deal with the game."

Mark Potash ‏@MarkPotash

Dennison said he was not given a timetable for the next phase. Had no inkling of how it went. Tough situation in the middle of a game week.

Mark Potash ‏@MarkPotash

"I don't know if I feel good or bad. I obviously didn't spend a lot of time preparing. So I couldn't tell him much about his personnel."

I'm ready for this whole thing to be over already. Get your 2nd round of interviews in and lets name a coach already. I hope this thing doesn't drag on past this Thursday/Friday.

Lou Canelis (sp?) on the Final Word last night said he had been told Thursday or Friday this week (not sure by whom).

Peace :dabears

I guess my final thoughts are that I hope it's Arians but I'm going to guess Trestman.

Five days ago, I went out on a limb and said that my guess is Arians or McCoy. Two days ago, I posted THIS^^ because I heard from my source that Emery is extremely interested in Trestman. Now, Vaughn McClure has tweeted "don't be surprised if Marc Trestman is the last man standing." Look for this to be official by Friday at the latest. It's not 100% done now, but if I had to bet on it, I'd bet Trestman.

Interesting:

Of the 13 known candidates interviewed by the Chicago Bears for their head coaching vacancy, at least one expects the club to settle on one of the last four to meet with general manager Phil Emery.

That group consists of offensive coordinators Tom Clements (Green Bay), Rick Dennison (Houston), Darrell Bevell (Seattle), and Bruce Arians (Indianapolis).

"I would bet on one of the last four candidates," said one of the coaches who had already been interviewed.

The Bears are looking for an offensive-minded coach and have told candidates they plan to bring two to Halas Hall this week for second interviews, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Some of the candidates have been informed they won't be brought back for second interviews.

Looks like it is going to come down to a final two brought back for 2nd interviews from the original 13. So we may know who that is if someone is back at Halas Hall this week. I figure we will know by Thursday, with the official presser on Friday at the latest, so the coach can go to the East West Shrine game on Saturday.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post...among-last-four

Interesting:

Looks like it is going to come down to a final two brought back for 2nd interviews from the original 13. So we may know who that is if someone is back at Halas Hall this week.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post...among-last-four

Wow, as soon as I post my thoughts, you post this.

Sounds like it's Bevell, Clements, Arians, Dennison, or Trestman.

Regardless, I'll stick with my source. He's been right and wrong before, but it seems odd he told me what he did 2 days ago and now McClure tweeted this.

Wow, as soon as I post my thoughts, you post this.

Sounds like it's Bevell, Clements, Arians, Dennison, or Trestman.

Regardless, I'll stick with my source. He's been right and wrong before, but it seems odd he told me what he did 2 days ago and now McClure tweeted this.

Yeah, I would trust your source more than 3rd or 4th hand info on the internet. The one fact we can conclude is it will be a current OC or Trestman.

To me, I thought it was odd of Trestman to interview for an OC position if he had any indication that he was under strong consideration for our HC position. To me it seems like he was told something on the contrary.

Roto is reporting the McClure item on Trestman...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2468/bears-offense

Yeah, I would trust your source more than 3rd or 4th hand info on the internet. The one fact we can conclude is it will be a current OC or Trestman.

To me, I thought it was odd of Trestman to interview for an OC position if he had any indication that he was under strong consideration for our HC position. To me it seems like he was told something on the contrary.

I wouldn't say that. Like I said, he's been right and wrong before. The person who released that information might know what they're talking about.

That's a bit of a buzzkill...

But, I trust Emery will make the right decision. Who knows... Everyone though Billicheck would bust in NE. Not saying he's on par, but just saying that everything isn't always what it appears to be at first.

An interesting perspective from a Montreal season ticket holder on Trestman: http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2013/1/14...louettes-season

There isn't much new in that article regarding Trestman's personality or style as I think that was rumored to be the case last week but it does offer more clarity in terms of his HC focus. It seems to me that after Trestman's interview is when the rumors of Marinelli staying started. I'd have to go back and check the timing to be sure. If that's correct then it fits what that article states: Trestman doesn't know defense and doesn't want to deal with the defense. Why not hand him a proven DC who already has his players and system in place and playing well.

I can't believe there are no rumors as to who is coming back for a second interview. If Emery wants to close a deal by Fri then he had to make contact with the second level candidates today.

There isn't much new in that article regarding Trestman's personality or style as I think that was rumored to be the case last week but it does offer more clarity in terms of his HC focus. It seems to me that after Trestman's interview is when the rumors of Marinelli staying started. I'd have to go back and check the timing to be sure. If that's correct then it fits what that article states: Trestman doesn't know defense and doesn't want to deal with the defense. Why not hand him a proven DC who already has his players and system in place and playing well.

I can't believe there are no rumors as to who is coming back for a second interview. If Emery wants to close a deal by Fri then he had to make contact with the second level candidates today.

I'm sure he has and I bet we will start hearing 'rumors' tomorrow.

Peace :dabears