New Bears Coach

adam

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how he figures this since he hasn't interviewed yet, but Mike Florio just reported at halftime of the Army All American game that the leader for the Bears' job is Bruce Arians.

Media lol. There always guessing all kinds of things just hoping 1 is right so they can turn around and say see i was right all along lol

Yeah, the Montreal Alouettes coach. Strange.

EDIT- turns out Trestman was Cutler's and Russell Wilson's tutor prior to their drafts.

Pretty darn good OC as well. That said, I hope they are looking at him more as a lets get to know you because we think whomever our HC is might want to hire your as the OC.

Pretty darn good OC as well. That said, I hope they are looking at him more as a lets get to know you because we think whomever our HC is might want to hire your as the OC.

From what I've read it doesn't sound like he'll take just an OC job...2006 Sean Payton wanted to bring him in as his OC and he passed to take a HC job at NC State...then he went to Canada.

His mind could have changed but it seems like its HC or bust for him.

From what I've read it doesn't sound like he'll take just an OC job...2006 Sean Payton wanted to bring him in as his OC and he passed to take a HC job at NC State...then he went to Canada.

His mind could have changed but it seems like its HC or bust for him.

Its been quite a while outside of major football for him. I'd think at some point he'd realize his best shot is coming back to the NFL. I saw an article on soxtalk (I'm guessing maybe you posted it) and the article was talking about him as a head coach but was dated back in 09. He's been out of this league for a while. To hire him as a HC would be a joke in my mind. That isn't to say he doesn't have qualifications but after not interviewing some of the better proven candidates to then pull this out of your ass would just disgust me.

I'm going to be irritated if we don't interview Shanny. I want McCoy, Shanny or Sullivan if we are going for a coordinator.

Is there any sign the Skins will allow an interview before they're eliminated?

Papa Shanny has indicated that it won't be until after they were eliminated. I didn't know you could force a team to wait. I'm guessing Papa wouldn't force anyone other then his son to wait (and I'm guessing his son is okay with that cause he's young and knows he will get a shot eventually).

Its been quite a while outside of major football for him. I'd think at some point he'd realize his best shot is coming back to the NFL. I saw an article on soxtalk (I'm guessing maybe you posted it) and the article was talking about him as a head coach but was dated back in 09. He's been out of this league for a while. To hire him as a HC would be a joke in my mind. That isn't to say he doesn't have qualifications but after not interviewing some of the better proven candidates to then pull this out of your ass would just disgust me.

I'm going to be irritated if we don't interview Shanny. I want McCoy, Shanny or Sullivan if we are going for a coordinator.

Ya that was me...The more i read about him, the more i like him, if you read the latest article I posted on him he learned to coach from Papa Shanny, Holmgren, and Bill Walsh...What a group to learn from right?

Papa Shanny has indicated that it won't be until after they were eliminated. I didn't know you could force a team to wait. I'm guessing Papa wouldn't force anyone other then his son to wait (and I'm guessing his son is okay with that cause he's young and knows he will get a shot eventually).

Good reason to pull for Seattle to take Washington out of the playoffs tomorrow and free up Shanny for an interview.

That poor team- they're still balling today.

Add a new name to list, that would Hou OC Dennison, worked with Culter and Marshall, otherwise dont know to much. Emery said he would stop at 12 and ask for 2nd interview for two guys. I think Dennison will make 12, but not that good at math.

Add a new name to list, that would Hou OC Dennison, worked with Culter and Marshall, otherwise dont know to much. Emery said he would stop at 12 and ask for 2nd interview for two guys. I think Dennison will make 12, but not that good at math.

If he's going from 12 to 2...do you think it is fair that he had his two guys in mind prior to the process?

I don't think that's a bad thing and commend him on interviewing 12, but that just seems like a steep cut off to me.

I don't remember anybody saying that 12 was the max he would go. I could be wrong, but I can't recall Emery saying that he wouldn't interview more than 12 candidates. I still think there is going to be at least 1 or two more coaches that get interviews that we haven't heard from yet. He wanted to interview Doug Marrone of Syracuse but Marrone is going to Buffalo. That's at least one college coach he had an eye on.

This tweet from Adam Schefter has me worried a bit.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Bears told their nearly dozen HC candidates they plan to bring two finalists to Halas Hall this week for second round of interviews.

Unless I'm reading too much into it, it seems as if that tweet was true, then the Mike McCoy, Bruce Arians, Rick Dennison, and Tom Clements interviews would be pointless. If they're going to bring in finalists THIS week, that means only teams that aren't currently in the playoffs will be able to do so. If I connect the dots a little more, Mike Sullivan's 6 hour interview could mean that he's going to get the job. Maybe Emery already knows this. I hope I'm wrong. I've wanted McCoy since the beginning of this process. I'll be damned if Emery panics and takes a guy before waiting for one of these teams to get knocked out of the playoffs.

He's going to get the guy he wants. Nobody is going to go pick the San Diego Chargers, or the Eagles, or some other crap team over the Bears. If Emery wants McCoy, or one of these other guys, he's going to get them. There's no need to take a guy now because you're worried one of those other candidates will get hired elsewhere.

He's going to get the guy he wants. Nobody is going to go pick the San Diego Chargers, or the Eagles, or some other crap team over the Bears. If Emery wants McCoy, or one of these other guys, he's going to get them. There's no need to take a guy now because you're worried one of those other candidates will get hired elsewhere.

Agreed.

Colts released a statement saying that Arians is fine, possibly a virus/ear infection kind of thing from some other rumors. Could impact him if he was hoping to interview in the next coulpe days.

I'm glad to hear that he is well.

However, with him being 60 and having health issues- I'm a bit turned off by him. I could be out of line here, but those factors bother me.

I'm glad to hear that he is well.

However, with him being 60 and having health issues- I'm a bit turned off by him. I could be out of line here, but those factors bother me.

If the health issue is only "a virus", that's nothing. When they gave the initial report on NBC it sounded much worse.