Bears to do list

Wesson44

Ok on the Bears to do list for the draft and FA the following is needed

TE=check Bennett.......cut Davis/Spearth

OT=check Bushrod......Webb to back up or RT?

MLB/OLB=......Urlacher/Roach....Draft either Olgetree or Bostic

OG=..... Moore or draft

WR=.....Knox gone need speed guy Austin/Goodwin?

DB=......replace Moore and maybe Hayden too

OG=..... Moore or draft

I think Roach and Urlacher stay. That leaves 6 draft choices to fill the OG, DB, WR slot. With the other 3 picks, I take C, LB, LB.

OG=..... Moore or draft

We know 1 thing for sure. We will have a flurry of moves nxt couple of days. Which should keep us entertained for a few days at least

We now know that they won't be looking for a LT or a TE high in the draft, so I'm expecting LB, G, or WR.

I agree with TE but not LT. We could decide not to sign Jonathon Scott. We could decide that Carimi could move inside. (The Bears like his versatility . . . that means Carimi sucks).

Bushrod is a starting LT making starting RT money. What if we decide to keep J Webb on the left side???

We immediately have a lot of work to do at guard and linebacker. I find it hard to believe we won't find a deep threat WR in free agency or the draft.

I agree with TE but not LT. We could decide not to sign Jonathon Scott. We could decide that Carimi could move inside. (The Bears like his versatility . . . that means Carimi sucks).

Bushrod is a starting LT making starting RT money. What if we decide to keep J Webb on the left side???

We immediately have a lot of work to do at guard and linebacker. I find it hard to believe we won't find a deep threat WR in free agency or the draft.

They're not going to move Bushrod to RT. He's the starting LT for the Bears until he proves that he no longer can play. He was taught under Kromer and played on the left side for one of the best offensive lines in football the last few years.

I can't see a scenario where Carimi gets moved to RG and Webb starts at RT, so in my opinion, it's one or the other. Either Webb wins the RT job and Carimi goes to the bench or Carimi starts at RG or RT and Webb goes to the bench.

They're not going to move Bushrod to RT. He's the starting LT for the Bears until he proves that he no longer can play. He was taught under Kromer, and played on the left side for one of the best offensive lines in football the last few years.

I can't see a scenario where Carimi gets moved to RG and Webb starts at RT, so in my opinion, it's one or the other. Either Webb wins the RT job and Carimi goes to the bench or Carimi starts at RG or RT and Webb goes to the bench.

I think Webb and Carimi fight over the RT spot,and the loser is the swing tackle. I think they resign Louis as the RG and draft the LG. Bushrod didnt necessarily play great last year but is a big upgrade at that position.

Cooper seems like the obvious choice if he's on the board at #20 - assuming they can't still make a play for Brandon Moore.

Nothing's obvious. At the moment it's wide open. We currently have no guards or linebackers on roster. Assuming we patch that up with scrubs, we could draft in multiple positions.

As he always has been, Cooper would be fantastic @ #20. If he's not there it then opens the door for a LB like Ogletree or Brown. I still don't think Fluker is a RT so unless they let Louis walk or think he can play LG (which is possible) I probably pass on him.

No way should brown even be mentioned at 20. If cooper and other top rated OL i can get on boars for ogletree though I've got reservations about him. Wouldn't hate it. But brown i would puke at 20

I dont see anyone else offering Urlacher anything, so I dont see us offering him anything until after the draft either.

IF we draft Ogletree, its possible we offer Urlacher a coaching position I think.

I know people will say that Ogletree could start on the strong side, and then move over next year, but i just dont think URL has the legs to do it anymore.

No way should brown even be mentioned at 20. If cooper and other top rated OL i can get on boars for ogletree though I've got reservations about him. Wouldn't hate it. But brown i would puke at 20

i don't think it would be anything to "puke" over, I've seen a few drafts that have him going in the 20s....If they Bears like what they saw today at his pro day this would be where to take him. Unless they can trade back. I'd certainly like Ogletree over him though and he should be there. His teammate Jarvis Jones could be another possibility at 20.

If the Bears don't re-sign Urlacher, I would be shocked if they didn't take a LB in round 1 or 2.

It has to be the First Round pick, I can't see them waiting until the 2nd to address it if we don't re-sign him.

I still figure he comes back for a 2 year deal.

It has to be the First Round pick, I can't see them waiting until the 2nd to address it if we don't re-sign him.

I still figure he comes back for a 2 year deal.

It makes all kinds of sense, all the intangibles; he knows the system, and can help teach it to Williams. He's the defensive QB etc etc It seems "right"

But the main point can't be overcome, he simply can't run anymore. We are better with someone else in there at MLB.

It makes all kinds of sense, all the intangibles; he knows the system, and can help teach it to Williams. He's the defensive QB etc etc It seems "right"

But the main point can't be overcome, he simply can't run anymore. We are better with someone else in there at MLB.

We have to forget his history and look at the player he is right now. Bring him back cheap for his leadership, but not for his play.

The to do list seems simple right now:

-If they think the winner between Webb & Carimi at RT is sufficient: Do not hesitate to draft Cooper if he's there at 20.

-If they are seriously considering moving Carimi to OG: Draft Fluker if he's there at 20.

I dont see anyone else offering Urlacher anything, so I dont see us offering him anything until after the draft either.

IF we draft Ogletree, its possible we offer Urlacher a coaching position I think.

I know people will say that Ogletree could start on the strong side, and then move over next year, but i just dont think URL has the legs to do it anymore.

Keep Urlacher for as little as possible and use him at safety and other packages.Without having him to be playing in so much traffic (worrying about his legs so much) he might do better.And he can be coaching.