Mongo3451

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely disagree.

But, to each his own.

It's only what you make of it.

I personally like all the posters here, including you. ;)

I miss some of the old ones, but just like life...as one door closes, another tends to open. So, I have have equally enjoyed many of the new voices.

Life is too short, and I'm too old to take anything here personally. I love great debate. Sometimes we have that, sometimes we don't. If you don't like that particular issue, ignore it and go on to the next one. Otherwise, odds are you will get caught in the tornado and make a bad situation worse. Just some words of wisdom from this old man... It's like TV. If I see "Full House" on, I don't get angry and upset. I simply turn the channel to "Game of Thrones". Each post is it's own channel. Turn to the ones you like, ignore the ones you don't.

:dabears

This place is a train wreck, I'm not surprised people would get turned off from the site. There are a few good posters but I'm not sure if it makes up for some of the ignorance spread around here.

I completely disagree.

But, to each his own.

I miss some of the old ones, but just like life...as one door closes, another tends to open. So, I have have equally enjoyed many of the new voices.

Life is too short, and I'm too old to take anything here personally. I love great debate. Sometimes we have that, sometimes we don't. If you don't like that particular issue, ignore it and go on to the next one. Otherwise, odds are you will get caught in the tornado and make a bad situation worse. Just some words of wisdom from this old man... It's like TV. If I see "Full House" on, I don't get angry and upset. I simply turn the channel to "Game of Thrones". Each post is it's own channel. Turn to the ones you like, ignore the ones you don't.

exactly! well said

This place is a train wreck, I'm not surprised people would get turned off from the site. There are a few good posters but I'm not sure if it makes up for some of the ignorance spread around here.

I do not agree, despite the times where things get a bit silly I really enjoy it here and learn alot from the many who know more than I!

I couldn't disagree more. If it was such a train wreck I wouldn't bother coming here. I would just go somewhere else. I love this place. And still am glad pixote turned me onto here. I've had many heated debates but back on old site I never had problem with ppl taking things personally. Look I've made good friends on here. Some dont care for me. Oh well. That's just life. The way I see it is if someone doesn't like me then its there loss. Not mine. I love having a good debate with ppl cuz that means my brain is still working.

I love a good debate as much as anyone but my problem is when people make ignorant insults that add nothing to the debate at hand. Everyone here can intelligently post about our beloved bears, its when you get off track that it turns into a train wreck.

I'm obviously still here so I can take it but I can see it turning people off from the board.

I'm really not sure what you want done...

Moderators do a good job of letting freedom of speech prevail. Once in a while, they will delete a thread when it goes way over-board. But usually, the inmates attempt running the asylum. Posters usually try to chime in and attempt to put out anyfires before they rage too hard.

We are here to police ourselves. Almost all of us are guilty at some point in some shape of making a situation worse...but it never gets bad.

I've seen other boards that are far harsher...and I really don't care. I've been coming to this ever since the old site w/ Pix, dawebmaster, nfo, twig and others.... I have no intention of ever leaving. Y'all are stuck with me!

I love a good debate as much as anyone but my problem is when people make ignorant insults that add nothing to the debate at hand. Everyone here can intelligently post about our beloved bears, its when you get off track that it turns into a train wreck.

I'm obviously still here so I can take it but I can see it turning people off from the board.

Moderators do a good job of letting freedom of speech prevail. Once in a while, they will delete a thread when it goes way over-board. But usually, the inmates attempt running the asylum. Posters usually try to chime in and attempt to put out anyfires before they rage too hard.

We are here to police ourselves. Almost all of us are guilty at some point in some shape of making a situation worse...but it never gets bad.

I've seen other boards that are far harsher...and I really don't care. I've been coming to this ever since the old site w/ Pix, dawebmaster, nfo, twig and others.... I have no intention of ever leaving. Y'all are stuck with me!

Just saying that personal insults aren't needed. They're childish and make some posters come off as completely ignorant pricks. New posters will be turned off by posting in fear of getting their head bitten off by some of you, and I'm sure some older posters have left for the same reason.

Just saying that personal insults aren't needed. They're childish and make some posters come off as completely ignorant pricks. New posters will be turned off by posting in fear of getting their head bitten off by some of you, and I'm sure some older posters have left for the same reason.

And you're right. The childish remarks do come off as boorish, but sometimes 'you just have to choose your battles'. Its something I have to tell my wife to do with my youngest all the time. But I'm just as guilty as some here, similar to what Mad Lith said. I've come off as arrogant and prickish, especially after a Bears loss where I've had too many libations, but most here don't seem to hold a grudge despite my best efforts. Except maybe Terra Tor :rolleyes: (speaking of characters that are MIA). Most of the folks here are all genuinely in support of the team and many will share your feelings but not comment. In fact I wouldn't be surprsied that many 'members' still come in from time to time just to see whats going on, catch up on Bears news and not leave a comment.

There are times I just read more than I post, I'm sure there are steal a lot out there that do that too. I'm sure we will see Jason and Terra around when the season starts. I'd really like to see NFO back, but he's been mia for a long while. We know LT is around thanks to the second TalkBears FF league, and who knows we may see the occasional noots notes.

Couldn't agree more about personal insults. However, responding in kind, only makes the matter worse. I'm certain some have left for that very reason. It's a shame. Only by leading by example can you instill a change for the better.

Does that mean u won't accept a trade for a ham sammich Lol.

As a poster/lurker who has been around the board for a number of years (different user names (KingstonBob), because I can't remember passwords, etc.) I still enjoy the board. There are still good posters here, but going back to the days of Pixote and Da WebMaster, there are posters I miss, guys like Noots and such, they always brought the goods. But as I said, we've got some great guys who can stir the pot and get people thinking. As for the times any and all get called immature, you can always walk away from a thread; rebuttal upon rebuttal, while fun, can only continue the commentary.

I am with Mad on this, life is too short, this all should be fun. At the root, we are all Bears fans, through thick and thin, high and low, the Monsters of the Midway will always be our guys.

Keep on rocking with your posts; they often bring a smile to the face on a crappy day!

As a poster/lurker who has been around the board for a number of years (different user names (KingstonBob), because I can't remember passwords, etc.) I still enjoy the board. There are still good posters here, but going back to the days of Pixote and Da WebMaster, there are posters I miss, guys like Noots and such, they always brought the goods. But as I said, we've got some great guys who can stir the pot and get people thinking. As for the times any and all get called immature, you can always walk away from a thread; rebuttal upon rebuttal, while fun, can only continue the commentary.

I am with Mad on this, life is too short, this all should be fun. At the root, we are all Bears fans, through thick and thin, high and low, the Monsters of the Midway will always be our guys.

Keep on rocking with your posts; they often bring a smile to the face on a crappy day!

I do love to entertain :cheers

I completely disagree.

But, to each his own.

Well said. People should go take a look at other boards. I go to a couple ND boards. Talk about people roasting each other. This site actually is pretty good when it comes to banter.

People disagree with your opinion of Webb and this site is a train wreck???

That certainly isn't the only thing but it's a good example...if people come in here with a different opinion and they're opinionated they're gonna get called names, which is childish. People don't need to resort to name calling when having a debate.

I've got close to 3k posts on soxtalk and haven't been called any kind of name yet. The "respect level" I guess you can call it is night and day compared between the 2.....unless your greg lol

Sometimes I feel as though I'm playing one of my nerdy video games with little 15 year olds when I'm on here.

Most of the times when we stay on topic this board is rather enjoyable though. I hate to play "The villain" here but I'm just trying to make things better around here.

That certainly isn't the only thing but it's a good example...if people come in here with a different opinion and they're opinionated they're gonna get called names, which is childish. People don't need to resort to name calling when having a debate.

I've got close to 3k posts on soxtalk and haven't been called any kind of name yet. The "respect level" I guess you can call it is night and day compared between the 2.....unless your greg lol

Sometimes I feel as though I'm playing one of my nerdy video games with little 15 year olds when I'm on here.

Most of the times when we stay on topic this board is rather enjoyable though. I hate to play "The villain" here but I'm just trying to make things better around here.

Your no different than anyone else on here, you have made little snarly comments but with your holier than thou attitude, it's ok for you. If you wish I can pull up your comments where you started the smack talk. Your quite a trip.