Fantasy football advice thread

DrunkBomber

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I have Kaepernick and Cutler on my roster and he's earned me a grand total of .78 points the last two games after a big first game. Is it too early to panic and give up on him. I was worried about him falling after a big rookie year just like Cam Newton did. I wish I'd have taken QB 1 round earlier and had better options. But this is the mess I have right now. My fear is that it's going to be feast or famine with Kaep. Last week I chalked it up to a bad game against a stellar D. This should have been a good matchup.

Some of the QB's on the FA list: Alex Smith, EJ Manuael, Ryan Tannehill, Terelle Pryor, Carson Palmer, Christian Palmer, Jake Locker, Geno Smith, Brian Hoyer. Not exactly a who's who of the best QBs.

Any thoughts?

So anyone got an idea who i should start?... josh gordon or antonio gates..... and philip rivers or colin kaepernick

I'd say Gordon and Rivers. Right now, any team would take Gordon over Gates to play one game, and at the moment, Rivers has the 2nd best QBR in the league (behind P.Manning and in front of Cutler) and Kaepernick is struggling.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know who the commish of the talkbears league is but I'd like to vote against the pending trade thats goin down...

Jason Snelling and Matt Shaub for Doug Martin and Brandon Myers....Really? The Falcons 3rd string RB and a guy who's own fan base is burning his jerseys for a guy who is on pace for 1500 yards despite having a "bad start" and a decent option at TE?

I don't know who the commish of the talkbears league is but I'd like to vote against the pending trade thats goin down...

Jason Snelling and Matt Shaub for Doug Martin and Brandon Myers....Really? The Falcons 3rd string RB and a guy who's own fan base is burning his jerseys for a guy who is on pace for 1500 yards despite having a "bad start" and a decent option at TE?

Its a trade of a starting QB and a startable RB for a non-startable TE (garbage) and a should-be-good RB on a garbage team (TB) who actually scores less than the startable RB coming from the other side. As it stands today - the trade probably only benefits the team losing Martin unless Martin somehow rounds into last years form.

Its a trade of a starting QB and a startable RB for a non-startable TE (garbage) and a should-be-good RB on a garbage team (TB) who actually scores less than the startable RB coming from the other side. As it stands today - the trade probably only benefits the team losing Martin unless Martin somehow rounds into last years form.

lol at Matt Shaub being a starting QB. Like I said Texan fans were burning his jersey last week and after another awful game he was replaced this week. Once Stephen Jackson comes back that trade will be 2 bench players for a potential top 10 RB.

Oh well, the rich get richer snd the poor get poorer. Glad this isnt a money league.

• 2 weeks later...
lol at Matt Shaub being a starting QB. Like I said Texan fans were burning his jersey last week and after another awful game he was replaced this week. Once Stephen Jackson comes back that trade will be 2 bench players for a potential top 10 RB.

Oh well, the rich get richer snd the poor get poorer. Glad this isnt a money league.

Sorry if I don't measure up in the 'fantasy' world. Kinda been busy with other things.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Much thanks!

I have my work cut our for me this week!

Congrats to the Mad Lithuanians and Domination Inc or advancing in the TalkBears Keeper league. Ballsy move from defending champ Domination Inc benching Brees for McCown but it paid off. Both matchups should be good this week.

Congrats to The Mad Lithuanians and Domination Inc for advancing to the finals. Great job this week Mad, I dont think you will find many people who were able to overcome Jamaal Charles in the playoffs. Also, Domination Inc looking for back to back championships in just his 2nd season. Good luck to Sweaty Betty in the third place game. Another great competitive season.

Much thanks! I was all in on the Bears! Cutler, Forte, and Jeffrey got me going.

Good games fellas!

And thanks again for running the league!

Congrats to The Mad Lithuanians and Domination Inc for advancing to the finals. Great job this week Mad, I dont think you will find many people who were able to overcome Jamaal Charles in the playoffs. Also, Domination Inc looking for back to back championships in just his 2nd season. Good luck to Sweaty Betty in the third place game. Another great competitive season.

Dear Da Boars, I hate you...that is all

You're welcome. I posted in the league about 'crow for dessert'. I have some left if you'd like?

Seriously, it was an intriguing run and what's more I apparently don't take it as serious as some. Especially given the midseasion bashing I got for the "colluding trade". Figure I'll step down for next year to allow someone else the shot at Fantasy excellence. And it's good to go out at the top of the sport. Been fun. Happy holidays !

You're welcome. I posted in the league about 'crow for dessert'. I have some left if you'd like?

Seriously, it was an intriguing run and what's more I apparently don't take it as serious as some. Especially given the midseasion bashing I got for the "colluding trade". Figure I'll step down for next year to allow someone else the shot at Fantasy excellence. And it's good to go out at the top of the sport. Been fun. Happy holidays !

Actually if it isnt for money, it isnt really any big deal. So your DeBoars and bragging about winning? should have known.

Lol it's just frustrating, money involved or not. Best record in the league, most points scored, averaging close to 200 points the last 3 weeks, then it all goes for naught.

Harbaugh sitting Vernon Davis, and Shwartz going away from Bush (gave Theo Reddick more touches than Bush) really screwed me.

Actually if it isnt for money, it isnt really any big deal. So your DeBoars and bragging about winning? should have known.

What is funny is that despite all the silliness that occured early on with the seaon and how some of YOU took offense to the mid-season trade I was a part of, I still won. I WAS Da Boars yes, and I'm sure it isn't "any big deal" especialy since you didn't win. Had you it would've been a different story perhaps. But don't worry, as I said previous I'll step down so that you'll have a better chance at winning next year. You're welcome.

Happy Holidays to all. Please enjoy this precious time with your families and if you must travel...do it safely.

Lol it's just frustrating, money involved or not. Best record in the league, most points scored, averaging close to 200 points the last 3 weeks, then it all goes for naught.

Harbaugh sitting Vernon Davis, and Shwartz going away from Bush (gave Theo Reddick more touches than Bush) really screwed me.

I know, I used to get all worked up about fantasy football. Got into many an arguement with co-workers, friends etc about all kinds of silly things. Then as time wore on and other worldly things loomed larger, I realized this is just entertainment. This an opportunity for us to rib each other about how sucky our teams are or woeful our choices are. With me, it was just plain dumb luck...but sweet nonetheless.

All my best to you in the coming year. Here's to 2014! :bringit

Indeed! And much appreciaed commissionership Drunk! You made it seemless!

I'm just glad I got some redemption after years of wallowing in the gutter!

Are the payouts mailed?

Great season to everyone in TalkBears Keeper 1.

1st - Domination Inc

2nd - Madlithuanians

3rd - The Bunny

As stated on the leagues message boards payments will be sent out tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for making this league very easy to run.