Vikings @ Bears, 9/15/13

balta1701-A

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRADE KUTLER AND PUT MCCOWN IN!

You guys. :lol:

But yeah, where are Melton and Peppers? They've been MIA.

I mentioned it earlier but soliciting an opinion here, how long would you give Melton slack because of the concussion? Just curious as I am not happy with him, but I wonder about the concussion & game shape, etc.

3 big mistakes for Cutler in this game. 2 inexcusable interceptions and a lost fumble. Last week he was able to come back from a bad interception by taking over the 4th quarter. Still time left in the game, but the momentum has shifted big time.

How the freak is the tipped interception on Jay? He was throwing to a wide open tight end. Marshall's pass was bad and he should have held onto the football on the sack.

freakin hell. This is pathetic how much some of you complain. It was a really sloppy game and Bears did some poor things on special teams coverage + had a bad fumble and a fluke pick (on a tipped ball which was probably a bad play call...however the TE was wide open). Cutler spread the ball and looked very efficient in the 1st half. 2nd half offense wasn't very good but they also barely had the ball thanks to the D not being able to get the Vikings O off the field (and a lot of that had to do with the game plan of doing everything to contain APete). Cutler was brilliant the final drive.

Offense has to still adjust but at times it has looked very explosive and I expect it will improve. I'm quite happy with the progress this team has made and Cutler showed some serious stones 2 straight games in the 4th quarter. 19 game winning drives in his career.

freakin hell. This is pathetic how much some of you complain. It was a really sloppy game and Bears did some poor things on special teams coverage + had a bad fumble and a fluke pick (on a tipped ball which was probably a bad play call...however the TE was wide open). Cutler spread the ball and looked very efficient in the 1st half. 2nd half offense wasn't very good but they also barely had the ball thanks to the D not being able to get the Vikings O off the field (and a lot of that had to do with the game plan of doing everything to contain APete). Cutler was brilliant the final drive.

Offense has to still adjust but at times it has looked very explosive and I expect it will improve. I'm quite happy with the progress this team has made and Cutler showed some serious stones 2 straight games in the 4th quarter. 19 game winning drives in his career.

I think some people just need to learn how to deal with game threads and realize that it is an emotional roller coaster. Complaining about the complaining isn't doing anything, especially when conclusions are being drawn from posts made hours ago, while the game is in progress, particularly when something bad happens.

This game was a tough watch if you were a Bears fan (they are notorious for that.) They outplayed the Vikings for the majority of the game, but allowed them to stay in it thanks to some silly turnovers and poor special teams execution early on defense. It was the type of game that if the Bears had lost, it would have felt like they beat themselves. Like last week, there's a lot you can be encouraged about, but there are also some legitimate complaints to be made, like, what the hell is wrong with the defensive line?

He doesn't have one; and I was serious about soliciting your opinion on Melton; part of me is very disappointed in his play and a part of me wants to give him the benefit of the doubt.

No, I know. Melton had that tackle on MIN's final drive to stop Peterson on 3rd and goal but that doesn't cut it. He should be able to have his way with PIT's interior next week.

I believe! Some on here spend a lot of time and energy going after one another for this or that post. Seems to distract from what is happening on the field. I will happily take 2-0 and only undefeated team in the division.

No, I know. Melton had that tackle on MIN's final drive to stop Peterson on 3rd and goal but that doesn't cut it. He should be able to have his way with PIT's interior next week.

I hope so, for our season's sake and his next contract's sake. I'm waiting for the Melton of last season to resurface.

Game time posts should not be taken to heart...emotion will, and must fly!

All that matters, is who wasn't hi-fivin' and going nuts when Cutty hit the Unicorn with 10 secs to go?!

I believe! Some on here spend a lot of time and energy going after one another for this or that post. Seems to distract from what is happening on the field. I will happily take 2-0 and only undefeated team in the division.

How the freak is the tipped interception on Jay? He was throwing to a wide open tight end. Marshall's pass was bad and he should have held onto the football on the sack.

Exactly. If anything a tipped pass is 50% QB and 50% OL. When a DLineman goes up, that means he was either not being driven back or not engaged enough. If it's a passing down, then the OL should make sure to engage so that the DT's don't just sit back and try to tip balls.

I think some people just need to learn how to deal with game threads and realize that it is an emotional roller coaster. Complaining about the complaining isn't doing anything, especially when conclusions are being drawn from posts made hours ago, while the game is in progress, particularly when something bad happens.

This game was a tough watch if you were a Bears fan (they are notorious for that.) They outplayed the Vikings for the majority of the game, but allowed them to stay in it thanks to some silly turnovers and poor special teams execution early on defense. It was the type of game that if the Bears had lost, it would have felt like they beat themselves. Like last week, there's a lot you can be encouraged about, but there are also some legitimate complaints to be made, like, what the hell is wrong with the defensive line?

What about complaining about complaining about complaining? What does that accomplish?

How about this, try not to look at every play, or even every quarter in a vacuum? Try and understand that football is a game of adjustments, and it isn't going to be perfect 100 percent of the time.

Christ, it was actually suggested to put in McCown. That is hilarious

What about complaining about complaining about complaining? What does that accomplish?

How about this, try not to look at every play, or even every quarter in a vacuum? Try and understand that football is a game of adjustments, and it isn't going to be perfect 100 percent of the time.

:notworthy

Exactly. If anything a tipped pass is 50% QB and 50% OL. When a DLineman goes up, that means he was either not being driven back or not engaged enough. If it's a passing down, then the OL should make sure to engage so that the DT's don't just sit back and try to tip balls.

I rewatched this play 10 times today.

A few things standout:

1) Maneri makes a poor effort to grab it. He and Harrison Smith are seemingly the only two in the area who know where the ball is. Maneri only jumped about 6 inches to grab it. Either he didn't see Smith, he's a bad athlete, or he didnt' give a shit.

2) The decision to throw it was poor. Maneri was open, but why throw it to that guy of all people? He's there to block, not catch.

3) His first option was M.Bennett and his second was Fiammetta. Both were covered, although with a perfect pass, he had Bennett for a second.

4) A run play call might have been the best option. I know they had just scored on a 1 yard pass, but why's Bush even on the team at this point then?

5) Why was Maneri even on the field at that juncture? It might have been to make MIN believe a run was coming due to his blocking ability, but come on.

When you post during a game, you are always going to get those responses. You get excited during a great play, you vent out your frustrations during a bad one, and after the game is over you reflect on the totality of everything that just happened. What you are asking for is something that almost never happens in a game thread. It is made to be reactionary (if you posts during games). The annoyance I have comes from the individuals who scan through game threads after its over and look at things that happened in the middle of the 2nd quarter where they will draw conclusions from while ignoring everything else.

Success is always under construction.Watch any game and you will find the good and bad, it is all perspective. You look for the good things and have hope of success, or look at the bad things and claim to just being real.

We are 2-0, it wasnt pretty but ask NE if they thought there 2-0 record was pretty. GOOD teams find ways to win even when a lot of what they do goes bad. The cool thing yesterday instead of letting the bad plays led us to a lose the good ones took us to victory. I am always realistic, but I picked out the good things to relish and not dwell on bad plays. If were doing a critical review, it wouldnt look good, but in sports it is about winning, and I think we are 2-0.

4Ever- I looked at all your comments on here, you made 4 positive comments and 16 negative ones. Your first statement was actually insightful, but downhill the rest of the way. The point I choose to make, is (an example) you comment of Hester as not looking very fast. He has his best day in a year, and thats all you had to say about it. I totally understand people interacting negatively when something bad happens , but your 4 good calls, was way lacking in support for your favorite team. You are a negative person and good luck with that.

LOL

Also, just to add, it appears Peppers is still dealing with illness and Melton is getting his legs coming back from the concussion. If we can get those two back to near full health, things will look a lot better in the pass rush.

I agree with stinger. There's a difference between criticism and things that make YOU sound stupid as s***. "Cutler made horrible decisions" and "Cutler f***ing sucks are two totally different things. Put in McCown." Seriously? McCown? The only reason he has a job here is because of his relationship with Cutler, not because he's actually capable of playing good football if they needed it.

4Ever- I looked at all your comments on here, you made 4 positive comments and 16 negative ones. Your first statement was actually insightful, but downhill the rest of the way. The point I choose to make, is (an example) you comment of Hester as not looking very fast. He has his best day in a year, and thats all you had to say about it. I totally understand people interacting negatively when something bad happens , but your 4 good calls, was way lacking in support for your favorite team. You are a negative person and good luck with that.

Whatever fits your agenda, dude.

I give game-time posters the benefit of the doubt. Emotions run high and if I had a $1 for every dumb thing I said during a game, I'd have been able to retire 10 years ago. I just happen to have no desire to "post" during games. I'm way too into the game. I do text a few friends and the language and banter on those would probably get me arrested in some states!

But, I do agree...some posts sound really bad and should have probably been left as a yell at the tv vs put on the board for the time capsule.

This is as much a place for well thought out agruments as it is a pure outlet for venting. But if one vents poorly, expect comments! It's only fair.

I agree with stinger. There's a difference between criticism and things that make YOU sound stupid as s***. "Cutler made horrible decisions" and "Cutler f***ing sucks are two totally different things. Put in McCown." Seriously? McCown? The only reason he has a job here is because of his relationship with Cutler, not because he's actually capable of playing good football if they needed it.