Bears @ Packers, 11/4/13

balta1701-A

During the post game the usual crowd was commenting on the game and Steve Young made, I think, a very profound comment. I'm paraphrasing, but he said that what should concern the Lions and the Packers is that Trestman and staff have a plan. He mentioned that McCown said that he has never been as prepared as he was by Trestman and Kromer.

For the first time in my memory, the bears have a "system." How else can you plug in a backup that was coaching high school football not too long ago, and he does well. I can see why Cutler wants to come back. You could see it on his face. With each victory that McCown earns is dollars and leverage lost.

For how long have we watched other teams lose a QB and plug someone else in and not seem to skip a beat, while our offense was run by idiots who I wouldn't trust to call for pizza. And we threw QB after QB at the situation. Well perhaps we are now that team, that has a system, that is being put in place with both the present and the future in mind. A system where we can see QB's excel. Who'da thunk it. It shows that the Bears are prepared to move forward with or without Cutler. If Jay comes back and show's he's worthy of an extension, great, if not, this coming draft is fairly deep at QB. I like the foundation that Emery and Trestman are building on the offensive side of the ball.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely reason to be encouraged about the future. Seems that we finally have some real football minds running the show, both in the FO and the Sidelines. I also noted a few times at least that they remarked how this offense looks a lot like what the Saints run, and even one play commenting that "I've never seen a play call like that before" I think it was on the play were we they had an all out blitz called and Trestman anticipated it so he called a pitch left to Forte, with some crack blocks to seal the edge for Matt to make some moves for a big gain. I thought that was a brilliant call, I believe it was 3rd down, and it was nice to see us recognize that and run away from the blitz and take advantage of it rather than run it right into the teeth of it. We may well be witnessing the birth of a legit, high powered offense. An offense that can carry this team. It's a new ere... Where we just need an average to good D to be truly dominant.

Just throwing this out there, but the more I see the replay of that sack by Shea that injured Rodgers the more I think to myself that I may have found a reason, finally, that he was worth a first round pick. Does that make me a bad person or just a really good fan?

Good fan. I thought the same thing.

Definitely reason to be encouraged about the future. Seems that we finally have some real football minds running the show, both in the FO and the Sidelines. I also noted a few times at least that they remarked how this offense looks a lot like what the Saints run, and even one play commenting that "I've never seen a play call like that before" I think it was on the play were we they had an all out blitz called and Trestman anticipated it so he called a pitch left to Forte, with some crack blocks to seal the edge for Matt to make some moves for a big gain. I thought that was a brilliant call, I believe it was 3rd down, and it was nice to see us recognize that and run away from the blitz and take advantage of it rather than run it right into the teeth of it. We may well be witnessing the birth of a legit, high powered offense. An offense that can carry this team. It's a new ere... Where we just need an average to good D to be truly dominant.

No shit. When that happened I thought, "Finally." And then I was reminded when Garrett Wolfe was run into the middle of the line, multiple times in a row, despite the fact that he's the furthest thing from a power-back. Now that was some incompetent coaching.

For the first time in a long time, I was caught off guard by some of the plays. The Bears were changing plays based on the defensive personnel and alignment, and it was working. Trestman is really building an efficient system and to me it seems like we can only get better. Just think if we added a true slot WR, wow. One word that comes to mind about this offense is dynamic.

My only concern right now besides Safety and our Run Defense is our Special Teams. GB had a blocked punt and a successful onside kick. The blocked punt was followed by a 32yd TD run and the onside kick led to a FG. So GB had 10 pts from their ST play alone.

BTW the refs were brutal, there were at least 4 blatant Def holding and PI no-calls against GB. They had a handful of jersey on 2x Bennett targets, Jeffrey, and Marshall. Then there was the phantom hold on Bennett, which is the same amount of holding on every block. The Packers did not receive one penalty, amazing.

BTW the refs were brutal, there were at least 4 blatant Def holding and PI no-calls against GB. They had a handful of jersey on 2x Bennett targets, Jeffrey, and Marshall. Then there was the phantom hold on Bennett, which is the same amount of holding on every block. The Packers did not receive one penalty, amazing.

I saw blatant holding penalties on the Packers multiple times that didn't get called. One on one of their two big runs, can't recall which. Lacy ran right past the hold too so it wasn't like the ref couldn't just follow the play and see it. Ridiculous. But hey, we got the W anyway.

I saw blatant holding penalties on the Packers multiple times that didn't get called. One on one of their two big runs, can't recall which. Lacy ran right past the hold too so it wasn't like the ref couldn't just follow the play and see it. Ridiculous. But hey, we got the W anyway.

There were a lot of packer fans whining about bad officiating benefiting the Bears, :crying :rolleyes: LOL Talk about the kettle calling the pot black when more often than not the Packers are beneficiary of the officiating. It's just amusing to watch those arrogant a holes lick their wounds.

Plus their fan base always talks big about how they sustain injuries and keep rolling and rip other teams and players like Cutler and Stafford for being wusses. We beat them in their house with our backup QB, and a defense that can't stop a nosebleed. It's funny that at the end of the day we looked like the better prepared team to lose a starting QB than they did. Rodgers went down and they looked as lost as a deer in the headlights. And while I don't like seeing guys get hurt I admit I enjoyed every minute of their cluelessness.

Thing is I think i dispose the Packer fans more than I do the actual team.