Current Draft Order

adam

Emery and Trestman are proving to be like many others before them...believing their own BS or flat out lying to us.

I am disappointed. I was hoping for more transperancy and accountability. Same on me for thinking so. Our guys are like all the 31 other teams' ones... Treat the fans like mushrooms. Keep them in the dark and feed them bull$hi#.

Wow, I hope you are wrong there Mad…..

Ha, another SMC fan! I was listening to the portion of the Bears game in the fourth quarter when we intercepted the ball and returned it to the 50 yard line. Thayer ripped SMC for not taking out the QB on that play claiming if he did, the return would've been a TD. I didn't see it so I can't say if I agree or not. Can anyone confirm? If so, that loss is on SMC! :)

Lol are you kidding. At most he should be on the ST unit or the guy that holds the ball on kickoffs when it is too windy (like Steltz). He should not be an every down DE.

Wow. Did anybody catch the emery chat today. He talked about SMC and says its clear we get much better production with him on the field and says he's a player that transcends schemes. I'm confused. Would really like to see some stats back that claim up but my eyes tell me a different stoey

Notice he didn't say "transcends schemes well."

Lol are you kidding. At most he should be on the ST unit or the guy that holds the ball on kickoffs when it is too windy (like Steltz). He should not be an every down DE.

Did you read my post as defending SMC? If so, I did a poor job of communicating. I think SMC is either out of position and needs to be moved to OLB or put in on third and long only. Or he needs to bulk up some and learn a lot about run defense, contain, etc. He's still playing like a rookie out there and we should've seen more growth by this point.

Emery and Trestman are proving to be like many others before them...believing their own BS or flat out lying to us.

I am disappointed. I was hoping for more transperancy and accountability. Shame on me for thinking so. Our guys are like all the 31 other teams' ones... Treat the fans like mushrooms. Keep them in the dark and feed them bull$hi#.

I think this is unnecessarily harsh and overly dramatic. The report card on Emery is still full of incompletes with a few A's and a few C's (or worse) but I don't think you can or should translate his comments on SMC into what you did above. He's a professional and he isn't going to shit on one of our guys in the press. And he may honestly think he still sees something in SMC that we don't. I'm not saying he's right here but I am saying he isn't a liar or delusional either.

What do you guys think of James Franklin as a 6th or 7th round pick(right now CBS has him undrafted but i think that's unrealistic).

Mizzu has a offense that looks a lot like ours with all their big ol receivers so there's that, and he's got some wheels to run some of the read option sets Trestman was talking about before the season.

What do you guys think of James Franklin as a 6th or 7th round pick(right now CBS has him undrafted but i think that's unrealistic).

Mizzu has a offense that looks a lot like ours with all their big ol receivers so there's that, and he's got some wheels to run some of the read option sets Trestman was talking about before the season.

Definitely interesting project. Does have plenty of size at 6'2 230 so him running wouldn't scare me much. Has had a good yr coming back from that shoulder injury last yr. Wouldn't mind taking in 7th. Definitely keep eye on him during all star games/combine/pro days

I like Franklin a lot, but as a UDFA type. He has been injured several times in his career, and has a lot to improve on. But I love his skill set. Would be a great 3rd/practice squad guy.

For the 1st time in history, I feel confident in the Bears having a coach who can develop a QB.

I like Franklin a lot, but as a UDFA type. He has been injured several times in his career, and has a lot to improve on. But I love his skill set. Would be a great 3rd/practice squad guy.

For the 1st time in history, I feel confident in the Bears having a coach who can develop a QB.

This. Let Trestman select a guy to develop.

Peace :dabears

As a 7th rounder, I think he'd be an outstanding pick. Most of those guys are throwaways anyway, and the level of talent he brings at that late in the draft would be great. Not to mention the fact that I've long said the Bears should do what the Packers have done so well for so long: cultivate QB talent. If the Bears keeps Cutler and McCown, Franklin is a perfect #3 QB that sits, learns, improves, and potentially takes over a few years down the line. If the Bears go with McCown and let Cutler go, then Franklin most likely would be a luxury as a 7th round pick, because there is no doubt the Bears would draft a QB early. I still wouldn't mind it though. Maybe it drives him to prove his worth in the NFL? Maybe he beats out the other rookie? I can't think of a situation where I would dislike the Franklin pick.

As a 7th rounder, I think he'd be an outstanding pick. Most of those guys are throwaways anyway, and the level of talent he brings at that late in the draft would be great. Not to mention the fact that I've long said the Bears should do what the Packers have done so well for so long: cultivate QB talent. If the Bears keeps Cutler and McCown, Franklin is a perfect #3 QB that sits, learns, improves, and potentially takes over a few years down the line. If the Bears go with McCown and let Cutler go, then Franklin most likely would be a luxury as a 7th round pick, because there is no doubt the Bears would draft a QB early. I still wouldn't mind it though. Maybe it drives him to prove his worth in the NFL? Maybe he beats out the other rookie? I can't think of a situation where I would dislike the Franklin pick.

I only watched him play one game against Auburn and my issue with Franklin is that he's just a one-read and run QB. These guys usually flame out in the NFL. The last big name player like this was Cam Newton and although he had a good rookie campaign he is still learning the game. I do like Franklin's physical tools though and if Trestman feels he can learn the offense then he'd be a good 7th Rd pick.

I updated the original post again after last nights game. We are locked in at #17 based on SoS. All the teams above us other than GB have a stronger schedule than us, so we would have the best pick amongst those teams we tie with. PIT at #10 seems to be the highest we could end up (realistically) if we lost our last 3.

I updated the original post again after last nights game. We are locked in at #17 based on SoS. All the teams above us other than GB have a stronger schedule than us, so we would have the best pick amongst those teams we tie with. PIT at #10 seems to be the highest we could end up (realistically) if we lost our last 3.

Thanks for keeping that updated Adam. Never to soon to look at off season

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like we are locked in at #14.

(UPDATED 29DEC)

1 Houston Texans 2-14

2 St. Louis Rams (WAS) 3-13

3 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12

4 Oakland Raiders 4-12

5 Cleveland Browns 4-12

6 Atlanta Falcons 4-12

7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4-12

8 Minnesota Vikings 5-10-1

9 Buffalo Bills 6-10

10 Detroit Lions 7-9

11 Tennessee Titans 7-9

12 New York Giants 7-9

13 St. Louis Rams 7-9

14 Chicago Bears 8-8

15 Pittsburgh Steelers 8-8

16 New York Jets 8-8

17 Baltimore Ravens 8-8

18 Miami Dolphins 8-8

19 Dallas Cowboys 8-7

15 I believe.....and 16 if Dallas loses.

Edir- oops you're right, they beat Pittsburgh.

so 15 if Dallas loses.

Yeah, depends on final SOS, and we had the worst going into this week of all the 8-8 teams. However, it fluctuates based on the current records so we could slip to 16, but it looks like 14 right now.

Yeah, depends on final SOS, and we had the worst going into this week of all the 8-8 teams. However, it fluctuates based on the current records so we could slip to 16, but it looks like 14 right now.

If we are picking 15 we have a chance to get Nix,HaHa, or Hagemen.As of now I think we need a team leader so we grab the Safety and grab a DT in the second round.

If we are picking 15 we have a chance to get Nix,HaHa, or Hagemen.As of now I think we need a team leader so we grab the Safety and grab a DT in the second round.

Looks like we are a lock for 14 since Dallas will finish with a better SoS than us if they lose against Philly.