pretty disappointed so far

adam

I think everyone is an agreement that Emery could have handled the Url thing a bit better. But, Url certainly handled it far worse. Everyone else has been handled well and nothing has been made of it in the press. Hester, TIllman, etc. Only Briggs has been whining, and he's under contract. I get your "grip"...just remember, life is too short! Embrace what could happen. For we have no control over what has already happened. It's hard to believe that even Rust Cohle has a more of optimistic vibe than you! ;) (I apologize for the "True Detective" reference if you are not a viewer...) Granted, I'mprobably most eager to move on than most, but there are positive signs out there. It's easy to dismiss. Odds are you are right. Only 1 in 32 teams will win it all, and that odds are against the Bears. But it's better odds than Han Solo flying though an asteroid field. So, I guess I like those odds. I need to stop with my odd references...

I think we all flogged the dead horse enough on where everyone stands on Cutler. Cutler has proven something. At minimum, he's proven that he'll probalby end up being the Bears' most prolific passer. Beyond that, we'll see. I have hope that more time under Trestman, having a better OL watch his back, and with his amazing corps of receivers and RB...something special could happen. Thanks for clarifying your thoughts on McCown. I wasn't sure if you thought he should have been the starter and not Jay...

Just to give reference: stopped watching "True Detective". Something just odd about it for my liking. And Cutler being the most "prolific passer" in Bears history isn't saying much. (sorry couldn't think of my own odd reference).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Day Two starts off with MD Freakin Jennings, are you kidding me? I read an article that says he will compete for a starting job? Have we really fallen that far?

Until he's named the starter I won't worry too much. We need depth.

Still a lot left out there.

It's really good. Give it another shot. Some folks didn't like the ending, but I loved it. It's intense for sure...

It actually does say a lot... All kidding aside of course! Luckman put good numbers up. It's about time we had someone pass that. He will have that. I just hope he has muchmore than just that!

Just to give reference: stopped watching "True Detective". Something just odd about it for my liking. And Cutler being the most "prolific passer" in Bears history isn't saying much. (sorry couldn't think of my own odd reference).

The bolded is flawed logic for two reasons. One, Lovie had a lockdown corner the entire time he was in Chicago. That player's name was Charles Tillman. It just so happens that he was also good at everything else, and potentially the best at forcing fumbles in NFL history. Two, saying that Lovie's "system" doesn't need a lockdown corner implies that his past efforts show consistent success without a lockdown corner. It simply doesn't. Regardless of whether one agrees on point one of Peanut being a lockdown corner, the simple fact is, Lovie's D was hit or miss the entire time he was in Chicago.

12 years and we got to see the following averages:

-13.8 in yards

-10.1 in points

-6 in takeaways

-13.9 in rush att

-12.1 in rush ya

-12.3 in rush TDs

-12.3 in rush y/a

-24.9 in pass att

-17.4 in pass yards

-11.4 in pass TDs

His defensive past shows that he coaches consistently average, or slightly above average, which is the entire reason he was fired. Take Peanut away from Lovie during his tenure with Chicago, and that defense is much worse, and has significantly less takeaways.

Your always real competent with your arguments, I dont always agree with you but I do in this case.

I missed that argument somehow.

idk guys, they made a pretty good case on why they didn't need Revis. Tillman was lockdown corner but he wasn't a great m2m corner like Revis.

With all the money Tampa has why let go of him?

although peanut is one of my all-time favorite bears i just gotta disagree. peanut was never a lock down corner. he didn't and doesn't have close to the speed to be one.

he was always a #2 corner since the day he was drafted (except lovie tried to make him a #1). angie drafted him as a counter to randy moss and the big green bay receivers. he did this very, very well. as time went by his ability to strip the ball became phenomenal but his speed is literally what held him back.

i rate peanut as one of the best #2 corners to play the game. if they had moved him to free safety in his prime he could have possibly gone to the HOF.

idk guys, they made a pretty good case on why they didn't need Revis. Tillman was lockdown corner but he wasn't a great m2m corner like Revis.

There are many different layers why teams keep people and let them go. To say Lovie's defense doesnt need lockdown corners, so that is why they let him go is not up to your standards of most of the content you have put on here lately. It just doesnt fly.

Tampa had a lot of turbulence on the team this year and simply maybe he wasnt a well liked player, and caused problems. Many reasons. He is making a lot of money, maybe when he got paid he got lazy, that kind of crap happens.

Just read today that Revis was due a roster bonus of 1.5 mil if still on the roster today. Also that if not released they would have to give a 3rd instead of a 4th. Also after his knee injury in 2012, maybe he just isnt as good. Also they tried to get him to restructure his contract before they cut him. also they needed the money to sign McCown.

It's really good. Give it another shot. Some folks didn't like the ending, but I loved it. It's intense for sure...

It actually does say a lot... All kidding aside of course! Luckman put good numbers up. It's about time we had someone pass that. He will have that. I just hope he has muchmore than just that!

I hate to bring up True Detective, but damn that was a good show. It's as good of a series as I've ever seen.

There are many different layers why teams keep people and let them go. To say Lovie's defense doesnt need lockdown corners, so that is why they let him go is not up to your standards of most of the content you have put on here lately. It just doesnt fly.

Wasn't a thought that even popped in my head but watching the NFL network there were multiple guys that brought it up and it made a lot of since. I was convinced by "experts" that Revis is just not a need there.

Wasn't a thought that even popped in my head but watching the NFL network there were multiple guys that brought it up and it made a lot of since. I was convinced by "experts" that Revis is just not a need there.

Wow and I thought you were an original thinker, and I listed reasons why he isnt there.

Wow and I thought you were an original thinker, and listed reasons why he isnt there.

Lovies D doesn't require cover corners. It would be a luxury and money would be better spent on the Dline. Tillman is not a cover corner. He plays a decent zone, but is excellant at tackling and the punch.

Starting Day 3, not much has changed. We have huge holes over the entire defense and can't go into the draft expecting to fill them all. We still need another DE, DT, CB, and S. I hope we can address one of those where we can go into the draft with some options.

Starting Day 3, not much has changed. We have huge holes over the entire defense and can't go into the draft expecting to fill them all. We still need another DE, DT, CB, and S. I hope we can address one of those where we can go into the draft with some options.

We know that Peppers and Major Wright are gone.

As Emery said, the market is going to settle down and prices will fall. Look for us to sign bargain deals now like Slaussen, Williams and Anderson from last year.

Peace :dabears

We know that Peppers and Major Wright are gone. As Emery said, the market is going to settle down and prices will fall. Look for us to sign bargain deals now like Slaussen, Williams and Anderson from last year. Peace :dabears

Speaking of not waiting for a bargain... Just seen Buffalo signed Chris Williams G for 4 years 13.5 with 5.5 guaranteed. Looks like he will get a good chance to start at LG.