Draft Game...

Mongo3451

Some nice grades but I would not like to see CB and WR as the top two picks. We have a logjam with Arob, Miller, Wims, and Ridley now, not even counting Gabriel. For CB, it's down the list for me with Tolliver's potential. We really need a SS so EJack can roam, and with the other 2nd rounder, I would go with OL help or TE. If those are not BPA, then Edge would be ok there. 

Here's how I did it.

I think overall this would be a fantastic draft.

I know Mond is scored as a C-, but I wanted to bring in a developmental project at QB, and none of the guys in the second round onward were exciting enough to take over the players I got until the 5th round. He has all the tools and needs to develop - 5th round seems right to me.

Also, they have OT Becton rated lower than I do. Other draft sites give him higher grades. Id take him over Leno in a heartbeat.

Also another note - I know SS Jordan Fuller's mother very well. Their entire family is extremely rare and impressive. On character alone Id take this kid.

Overall I created competition for every spot on the OL, added a legit TE, and added two key pieces to the secondary, beef on the DL and even a developmental QB.

I'd be very happy with this draft.

If someone has a different QB in mind in the 5th round, Id be open to hearing it. But at that point they are all lacking something and Mond seems like he has the most upside of the players available there.

draft game.jpeg

1 hour ago, BearFan NYC said:

listen, I KNOW my trades wouldnt happen, but that would be a hell of a draft if it was possible...

I love the first 5.  Don't like the last five.  Fuller can't tackle, so he's not a box player.  I would've doubled down on edge rushers and DB's before the extra OL.

5 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I love the first 5.  Don't like the last five.  Fuller can't tackle, so he's not a box player.  I would've doubled down on edge rushers and DB's before the extra OL.

cool. I dont really know any of these players. I dont watch a lot of college ball.

I read a couple paragraphs on a bunch of players, and then did this. So if you have specific negatives on them, Im all ears.

All I can tell you is that Fuller comes from an incredible family that achieves with the strongest character of any people Ive ever met. Im pretty good friends with his mom, Ive worked with her over a hundred times, and the goodness just oozes out of her - one of the special people that the light just shines from. Shes an amazing singer too, shes with Springsteen now, but she was with the Stones for many many years.

Im not a religious person, but she is the kind of true christian that walks the walk in the most beautiful way. In world full of hypocrites, she and her family are the real deal.

So all things being equal, if you can get him at whatever slot a fair price is, hes going to grow more than most.

But if hes a free safety, and we need a SS, then so bet it. Someone is gonna get a really quality person tho.

I am least sure of my QB pick. I wanted a developmental project, but I have no reason to believe anyone who is projected to be a thrid day pick will be a great QB! They all have issues.

And youre right, the first 5 are strong, the rest are a game. :) But then again the three trades are a game too LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my most recent one. I did a couple of trade downs with realistic teams (not from our Division).

Your score is: 34941 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 16 (NYJ): Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri (A+)
Round 2 Pick 18: AJ Terrell, CB, Clemson (A-)
Round 3 Pick 28 (BALT): Brandon Jones, FS/SS, Texas (A)
Round 4 Pick 17 (DAL): Jon Runyan, OG, Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 28 (BALT): Jake Hanson, C, Oregon (A+)
Round 4 Pick 33 (BALT): Britain Covey, WR, Utah (A+)
Round 4 Pick 41 (COMP): Josh Kaindoh, DE/OLB, Florida State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 13: Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland (A)
Round 5 Pick 17: Jordan Fuller, FS/SS, Ohio State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 17: Benito Jones, DT, Mississippi (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Corey Bethley, DT, TCU (A+)
Round 7 Pick 19: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (A+)

13 hours ago, adam said:

Round 4 Pick 17 (DAL): Jon Runyan, OG, Michigan

Couldn’t help but notice this guy...yes he’s the son of former Oiler, Eagle and Charger Offensive Tackle of the same name.  Both played for Michigan.  Maybe wouldn’t be all that bad to put sights on this guy?  

And by the by, your draft is not accurate.  Not enough D2 players selected.😳 

13 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

lots of A+ BPA picks, but no early OT?

Yeah, it was weird, I was trying to get one early, but based on their ratings, there was not one to justify selecting when my pick was up. Every pick was BPA, but I was at least trying to get it in a need area. The DTs were the only ones true BPA as they were rated way higher than the pick, same with Mims at the end. Mims and Wims for the wins!

13 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

lots of A+ BPA picks, but no early OT?

I did another, focusing on OT early, no trades:

Your score is: 34297 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 11: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville (A)
Round 2 Pick 18: Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue (B+)
Round 4 Pick 41 (COMP): Jon Runyan, OG, Michigan (A+)
Round 5 Pick 13: Jordan Fuller, FS/SS, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 17: Jeffrey McCulloch, OLB, Texas (A+)
Round 6 Pick 17: Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Evan Weaver, ILB, California (A+)

I addressed OT, OG, TE on offense, with some depth picks at RB and WR. On defense, I addressed SS, OLB, and depth at ILB. My assumptions were that the Bears re-signed both KPL and Kwit for ILB, so we only need one there. I just didn't have a chance to pick up a CB of value with the way the draft played out.

If you get silly with trades, there is endless fun.

Your score is: 38184 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 24 (MIA): Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue (A-)
Round 3 Pick 1 (CINN): Darryl Williams, C/OG, Mississippi State (A)
Round 3 Pick 8 (ARI): Anthony Gordon, QB, Washington State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 12 (T.B.): Antoine Winfield Jr., FS/SS, Minnesota (A-)
Round 4 Pick 1 (CINN): Calvin Throckmorton, OT, Oregon (A+)
Round 4 Pick 8 (ARI): Lloyd Cushenberry III, C, LSU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 41 (COMP): Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty (A+)
Round 4 Pick 43 (PHI): Ben Bartch, OT, St. John's (A+)
Round 5 Pick 13: DeMarkus Acy, CB, Missouri (A+)
Round 5 Pick 19 (JAX): KJ Hill, WR, Ohio State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 10 (JAX): Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic (A+)
Round 6 Pick 17: Jeffrey McCulloch, OLB, Texas (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Corey Bethley, DT, TCU (A+)
Round 6 Pick 27 (JAX): AJ Green, CB, Oklahoma State (A+)

1 hour ago, adam said:

I did another, focusing on OT early, no trades:

Your score is: 34297 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 11: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville (A)
Round 2 Pick 18: Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue (B+)
Round 4 Pick 41 (COMP): Jon Runyan, OG, Michigan (A+)
Round 5 Pick 13: Jordan Fuller, FS/SS, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 17: Jeffrey McCulloch, OLB, Texas (A+)
Round 6 Pick 17: Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Evan Weaver, ILB, California (A+)

I addressed OT, OG, TE on offense, with some depth picks at RB and WR. On defense, I addressed SS, OLB, and depth at ILB. My assumptions were that the Bears re-signed both KPL and Kwit for ILB, so we only need one there. I just didn't have a chance to pick up a CB of value with the way the draft played out.

I like this one! :)

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

I'm really thinking that trading down is in our interest this draft.  Lots of good value in 3rd-6th rounds.

I think that after the first couple of rounds, trading down is always a good idea generically. The exception being that someone you have valued highly has fallen and you could snatch them up. In other words, if they arent a 1st or 2nd round talent in your own grading system, trading down is almost always a good idea.

Of course that means you need a trading partner who wants to trade up and they know what we've just said is true too, so it's not always so easy to find a good trade down opportunity in later rounds.

But yeah, I'd rather have more 3rds and 4ths versus being earlier in those rounds. A second player in the same neighborhood increases your chances of finding a player.