What are you looking for?

Uncle Buck

8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Outside of Fields’ development, what are you looking for down the stretch here? Personally, I’m keen on seeing how the two tackles progress from here. 

Yep, Jenkins looked like a guy who has played football in over a year. Let's just throw him in at LT on SNF on the road. 

Outside of Fields and Jenkins, what else is there to watch? 

I have really soured on Mooney. He can't make contested catches and has way too many balls go off his hands that turn into INTs. How many of Fields INTs were Mooney targets? He is fading to a WR3 for me. Of his 3x 100 yd games, 2 are against the Lions and the other was against the Ravens where he was targeted 16 times and only caught 5 passes.

ARob can just go on IR. I don't want to see him in a Bears jersey again. The minute he got hit with the franchise tag, he checked out. Good riddance.

33 minutes ago, adam said:

Yep, Jenkins looked like a guy who has played football in over a year. Let's just throw him in at LT on SNF on the road. 

I have really soured on Mooney. He can't make contested catches and has way too many balls go off his hands that turn into INTs. How many of Fields INTs were Mooney targets? He is fading to a WR3 for me. Of his 3x 100 yd games, 2 are against the Lions and the other was against the Ravens where he was targeted 16 times and only caught 5 passes.

ARob can just go on IR. I don't want to see him in a Bears jersey again. The minute he got hit with the franchise tag, he checked out. Good riddance.

There seems to be a general malaise that appears to have settled in on a number of players. The season is lost and a number of them appear to reflect it in their play. Smith and Grant played like men possessed. I’m sure for various reasons (pride, contract,etc.) but as a fan I appreciate it. This franchise sure could use a major shock to the system. They need a major dose of confidence and swagger from the top. George needs to get someone in who walks the walk and takes no prisoners. George and Ted are too milquetoast. They inspire no one and they don’t project confidence. A rebirth is desperately needed 

4 hours ago, adam said:

We can't give up on Mooney.  He's a player you want on your team but I agree he's a WR2/3.  Get him some help.  

13 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

We can't give up on Mooney.  He's a player you want on your team but I agree he's a WR2/3.  Get him some help.  

He's a 2 or 3 but that's fine for a 5th round pick. Give Dazz some playing time before the end of the season to see what he can do along with Thomas Graham. 

Peace

13 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Outside of Fields’ development, what are you looking for down the stretch here? Personally, I’m keen on seeing how the two tackles progress from here. 

I'm with you on both OTs. 

I'm also watching Trevis Gipson he is still learning his new position but he continues to make good plays every game.  Physically he's not up to the task for fulltime OLB so with Mack out the snap count has hindered him.  I got to watch Bruce Irvin stand around on lots of snaps last night so Gipson could get a break.  It's a lost season so while I hate watching poor defense I'd rather the coaches keep Gipson fresh.  He got the sack after sitting out a bit.  

Herbert:  After a few big games he's been a little bit quiet but still contributing.   Unfortunately the Bears quit running the ball in the 2nd half last night. 

I want to see Horsted on the field.  

It wasn't apparent to me just how well Peters was playing until Jenkins came in to sub him.  A WHOLE lot of difference in experience from a future HOF player to one that is on his rookie year.  If Jenkins is good to go, you keep him in until the end of the season.  Peters should be allowed to retire if that is his choosing or come back next year on a friendly deal.  

Also would like to see a lot of the newer players that haven't had much chance to play to get out there; Graham, Newsome and maybe even Marable if he's still on the team.  Would've like to have seen some of Snowden but looks like his injury last night may sideline him for awhile.  

2 hours ago, AZ54 said:

I am just saying I am not as optimistic about him as I was coming into this season. As long as we can get a true WR1 and a true Slot WR, he is fine to be on the opposite side outside. 

2 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Sadly it appears ARob is done playing for Chicago.  

Robinson quit on the team. This was just one example but there was a ton of sloppy play from him out there. He isn’t the only one either at this point. That said I want to see the young tackles hopefully grow along with Fields, Mooney and others. 

Johnson was awesome on Adams and Packers really didn’t get going until they basically schemed away from Johnson and attacked the rest of the non existent secondary. 

I would like to win at least 2 of next 4…ideally 3 of next 4 through good development of core pieces. Show new front office and coaching candidates the ship is closer than it may appear (partly due to injuries). 

I wish there was a Brandon Marshall / Alshon Jeffrey combo offseason available haha. Gallup is intriguing though. 

2 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

It wasn't apparent to me just how well Peters was playing until Jenkins came in to sub him.  A WHOLE lot of difference in experience from a future HOF player to one that is on his rookie year.  If Jenkins is good to go, you keep him in until the end of the season.

Two things I heard today.  Jenkins had zero reps with the team in practice, ever.  Also, he was the only one to get in the mix when Fields got roughed up.  He looked bloody awful out there and was the only one willing to fight for his QB.  He gets it, so hopefully reps will pay off.

3 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Two things I heard today.  Jenkins had zero reps with the team in practice, ever.  Also, he was the only one to get in the mix when Fields got roughed up.  He looked bloody awful out there and was the only one willing to fight for his QB.  He gets it, so hopefully reps will pay off.

If he had no practice and didn't study the opponent, then he was basically going in blind. I don't hold judgment on him for the penalties, and at least he didn't completely whiff on a guy or get bulled over. As long as he can get some game reps and end the season healthy, that will be huge for his development. 

4 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Sadly it appears ARob is done playing for Chicago.  

Screw ARob, Fields literally pointed at him, and he just walks off the field and his guy forces Fields out. Who knows, a partial block and Fields could've picked up some additional yards.

ARob didn't even attempt to catch a pass thrown to him in the End Zone and didn't come back to the ball on another pass. I would sit him the rest of the year. Let him try to get a decent offer with this game as his last game before free agency.

This is also why I wanted Furrey, the WR Coach fired months ago. Between Wims and Miller, there were always discipline issues, then this year, the entire WR room was underperforming terribly. If Mooney didn't have 2 big games against DET, he would be right there with the others. ARob, Mooney, Goodwin, Byrd was supposed to be a very solid room and they ended up being arguably the worst group in the NFL and that says a lot. 

I hope they clean house soon so they can start interviewing.  I feel for Nagy since he came in and tried to his best to create an exciting offense but what he didn't realize is the playbook he swiped from the chiefs was re-loaded with fake plays which left him empty handed 🤪

It would be great to see the Bears hire a front office of football minds, a gm that is an A+ student and a coaching staff that can mold to the players instead of the other way.

14 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

We have been in this position to many times. At this point we need to let the young players play and see what we have. Jenkins got thrown in the fire. Next week will be much better. 

I read somewhere he had to play without taking any practice snaps.  If that's true who does that to a backup fresh off a long injury recovery, and when Jason Peters has nearly 2 decades of experience.  Who does that is a coach who has one foot out the door and was desperate to get a win in GB.  One for the road.