Lets just see??

Wesson44

I don't think we will but we still need another backup QB. The Cardinals had four QB'S on their roster after cutting Skelton and a few teams have three to five. What if we could sign J.Russell....cut from the Raiders.....hey...he will come cheap, has starting experience, is now back on rack and hungry to play and is a big man to bring down like Big Ben........so what say you?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh you always so negative.......

A sentence that has the words like "Bears," "sign," and "J.Russell" gives me nothing to be positive about.

But just so you know, we all know he's hungry. He's fat as s*** and plays like s***. No thank you. McCown>Russell in everything except a hotdog/any food item eating contest.

I don't think we will but we still need another backup QB. The Cardinals had four QB'S on their roster after cutting Skelton and a few teams have three to five. What if we could sign J.Russell....cut from the Raiders.....hey...he will come cheap, has starting experience, is now back on rack and hungry to play and is a big man to bring down like Big Ben........so what say you?

No.

Peace :dabears

I think that sounds like a bad idea. Anyone for talking about bringing TO in as a WR? There is a lot of bad ideas out there, we dont need add another one.

No to J'Marcus Russell. It's not just that he was bad on the field, he was bad in the film room, bad in the locker room, bad everywhere but McDonalds. I see no reason to suddenly think he gets it, he probably just wants more money.

If the Bears didn't already have 3 QBs on the roster, I guess I'd be the only one on board with the idea. What's to lose? Sign him to a no-guaranteed money contract and tell him he better be perfect. If he's fat, he's cut. Lazy, cut. Falls asleep during a team meeting, cut. Eats with his elbows on the table, cut. Even as a fat-ass, his talent level almost certainly outweighs Matt Blanchard's.

If the Bears didn't already have 3 QBs on the roster, I guess I'd be the only one on board with the idea. What's to lose? Sign him to a no-guaranteed money contract and tell him he better be perfect. If he's fat, he's cut. Lazy, cut. Falls asleep during a team meeting, cut. Eats with his elbows on the table, cut. Even as a fat-ass, his talent level almost certainly outweighs Matt Blanchard's.

Then why wasn't he on a roster in 2010, 2011 or 2012?

A leopard doesn't change its spots.

Then why wasn't he on a roster in 2010, 2011 or 2012?

Um, he was a lazy fat-ass. Easy. But that still doesn't mean he doesn't have far, far superior raw talent than a third string scrub. That's why you take chances on players who could have huge upside. They have two choices: Show up and do everything you want them to do, or get cut. It's not like Blanchard wouldn't be sitting by the phone waiting for a Chicago Bears phone call like a nerdy virgin the night before Prom.

Um, he was a lazy fat-ass. Easy. But that still doesn't mean he doesn't have far, far superior raw talent than a third string scrub. That's why you take chances on players who could have huge upside. They have two choices: Show up and do everything you want them to do, or get cut. It's not like Blanchard wouldn't be sitting by the phone waiting for a Chicago Bears phone call like a nerdy virgin the night before Prom.

So he was a 320 pound lazy fatass and now he's a 280 pound hard working, ultra talented player? Noted.

So he was a 320 pound lazy fatass and now he's a 280 pound hard working, ultra talented player? Noted.

You are so purposely dense sometimes.

He's still fat, but maybe, just maybe, he's trying to reform. It might not be quick, but if it happens it's a gamble with huge upside and nearly no downside.

He's still fat, but maybe, just maybe, he's trying to reform. It might not be quick, but if it happens it's a gamble with huge upside and nearly no downside.

Using breath to coach him is downside, let alone a meal or five at Halas Hall. Sorry, hate that dude...

Thats a good comment, maybe he could win some biggest losers competition, but is to far removed from the NFL to be consider a thought.

Thats a good comment, maybe he could win some biggest losers competition, but is to far removed from the NFL to be consider a thought.

To far removed to be a thought.....reaally??? Didn't the Falcons just sign a guy that has been in prison for 5 years and never played college ball or in the NFL...yes look it up...... Plax Burress, Mike Vick were in jail for two years and and there are others who have done it so your statement has no merit.

He played at 263 lbs now hes is down to 280 some more left to do but at 6'6 and can throw it 70 yds in the air. is cheap we can sign him....and as Jason said what can it hurt, if he blinks wrong we can cut him

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1590187...us-hits-the-gym

To far removed to be a thought.....reaally??? Didn't the Falcons just sign a guy that has been in prison for 5 years and never played college ball or in the NFL...yes look it up...... Plax Burress, Mike Vick were in jail for two years and and there are others who have done it so your statement has no merit.

He played at 263 lbs now hes is down to 280 some more left to do but at 6'6 and can throw it 70 yds in the air. is cheap we can sign him....and as Jason said what can it hurt, if he blinks wrong we can cut him

Will losing 15 more pounds help him read defenses? I doubt it. Really, if this guy were serious about making a come-back this year he'd have been in shape well in front of the free agent signing period. To go out in front of people while still fat and out of shape telling them you'd like them to hire you shows a lot of arrogance. For those who say he may have changed his ways I say that behavior shows he has not. Do you not think his agent would have advised him to get in shape before getting in front of any NFL personnel? Did he listen? Here we are almost at the draft and he's still not in shape.

In 2009 he had the worst completion % of any QB with over 100 attempts except for Derek Anderson. Prior years his best was 54%. Our beleaguered Jay Cutler throws between 58-62% completions. Knowing that completion % is the most significant statistic relative to QB success in this league, but not the only important one, and combine that with the above fact that he most recently demonstrated he still does not have the work ethic needed to succeed, what could possibly have anyone excited about bringing him in even if it's only to compete for a 3rd string job where he will get zero reps? I get the fact he can throw a football 70 yards, but I also get the fact that those plays happen perhaps once in a game. Reading a defense happens every snap.

There is no lightning in this bottle.

I don't care what the Falcons do. Jamarcus Russell is a bust. Pass.

Peace :dabears