Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
-
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...925,full.column I swear this guy is always on the wrong side of the truth. One minute he's schilling for the management, then he bashes when no bash is needed. I used to really respect his writing, but now, I think he's lost it.
-
- 20 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
Veteran C Olin Kreutz is walking away from the Saints because "he no longer feels passion and doesn't want to just collect paycheck," according to his agent.
-
- 20 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
Chris Williams. Just breaking. LT is Omiyale LG is Williams Webb stays at RT. Suddenly we are alot younger overall on the line. Now if Williams can handle being a decent G...we may not be as bad off as things felt a couple weeks back.
-
- 20 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
Jeff Garcia still wants to be in the NFL. Todd Collins doesn't deserve to be in the NFL. This seems like an amazingly easy decision.
-
- 20 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
I don't think we'll target Faneca. It's tough to justify paying him that much more then we'll pay Olin Kreutz. If we go for a quality starter at a normal price, I think we'll look to sign either Rex Hadnot of Miami, Jake Scott of Indianapolis, Jacob Bell of Tennessee, Justin Smiley of San Francisco, Floyd Womack of Seattle, Jamar Nesbit of New Orleans, or Damien Woody of Detroit. Free-agent C, OG and OT classes are deep in '08 By Scouts Inc. (Archive) Updated: February 20, 2008 Comment Email Print The free-agent market opens Feb. 29. Scouts Inc. will give an overview of the upcoming class, position by position. This year's free-agent …
-
- 12 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
Strength vs Strength, Our Defense vs Their Offense I think this comes down to which Fitzpatrick shows up. He started to turn the ball over last week, which bodes well for us. However, Fitz has over double the passing yards than Trubisky in the same amount of games and only 6 more completions. 410 passing yards per game seems unsustainable, so Fitz should trend down from that high. Our offense will need to score more than 16 to win. Bears 24-20
-
- 28 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
Bears at home, favored by a TD, Lions coming in at 3-5 and having lost two straight. This will come down to which Detroit team and Matt Backwards Hat Stafford show up. This team beat GB, NE, and MIA (all the teams we lost to) and lost to MIN, SF, NYJ, SEA, and DAL. So I have a feeling that this game will be a little closer than expected. For the Bears, it marks a string of Divisional games that will ultimately decide the fate of the season. This is sort of one of the must wins, at home, a divisional game, with a fractional lead in the Division race and last WC spot. If Mack and Robinson are back, I say it will be a solid win (30-17), and without them, I still t…
-
- 33 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
-
- 14 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
I'm not blaming the media, like a desperate politician. However, is it me, or no matter what, the Bears (and I'm just talking ownership, management, and coaches)look like morons in the press. Much of it I believe is deserved, however there's some of it that just seems like it's prepetuating a non-existant myth. The only good thing you hear about the organization is Hester. Much of it obviously deserved. I think it does make a good story, especially when the team's record is what it was last season. As much as the media loves the Pat's, it seems like they bash teams like the Raiders, Lion, Caridnals, Bengals and Bears regardless. I'm necessarily "tire…
-
- 11 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
Sign Logan Mankins: 5 years (6 years as an option), $37.5m. Trade Tommie Harris to the Giants for their 4th. Cut Shaffer, Garza, and Clark. Trade 4th round pick, a 2nd round pick, and a 6th next year to Indianapolis for their 1st. 1. Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU ---I'm sticking with this pick. He might be the best OT in the draft class, he could play LT or RT, and I'm sick of Omiyale, Williams, and Webb playing OT. 1. Jerrell Powe, NT, Mississippi ---None of Chicago's DT's are worth writing home about. Time to select a true nose-tackle. 3. Kristofer O'Dowd, C, USC ---He might not play in 2011, but in 2012, they should let Kreutz go. 4. Jon Moffitt, G, …
-
- 15 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
The 25 tryout players are North Carolina cornerback James Arnold, Northwestern quarterback C.J. Bacher, Indiana defensive tackle Greg Brown, Texas Tech safety Daniel Charbonnet, Virginia wide receiver Maurice Covington, Virginia safety Byron Glaspy, Arizona cornerback Marquis Hundley, Auburn running back Brad Lester, Southern Illinois guard Aaron Lockwood, Stanford linebacker Pat Maynor, Fresno State tight end Adam McDowell, Ball State punter Chris Miller, Missouri quarterback Chase Patton, Wisconsin long-snapper Dave Peck, Mississippi State cornerback Derek Pegues, Miami (Fla.) safety Anthony Reddick, Miami (Ohio) punter Jake Richardson, Montana State guard Lou Saucedo, …
-
- 12 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
Reading some of the articles before, during, and after the competition the same thing keeps jumping out at me. -Which guy will best manage the offense -which guy is the safest choice -which guy is less likely to turn the ball over -which guy will make the fewest mistakes -which guy presents the lowest risk What we are really doing is playing not to lose and from that perspective which guy fits that bill. The staff knows our offense is crap, our line is crap, our receivers would at best be backups on most rosters, our QB's would likely be backups elsewhere (making it a competition to see which backup quality QB should be our starter). The only offensive…
-
- 11 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
I guess he's interviewing today, but odds are extremely unlikely that he'd accept the job. According to his agent, there's no way: http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/2009/02...r-to-pitt-talk/ While it would be utterly awesome if he excepted this job, it seems like the only way is if Wanny offers some sexual favors and he gets a nice big 3-4 year contract, which would make no sense for Pitt. However, it would be awesome if he did get the job, we bring in a new OC from the outside, and bring in a whole new offensive staff.
-
- 16 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
Emery stated that they offered Okoye a contract and he has decided to take visits with several clubs.
-
- 23 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
I keep hearing about him trying LT again. Personally, I think he has the tools to succeed, but hasn't had too much of a shot. Play pro's and con's, coming into his fourth year, he hasn't stayed too healthy. On the plus side, he's smart, has quick feet and pedigree. I want the Carimi to the left talk to stop. He is a prototypical right tackle. Plus, he makes a nasty companion to our nasty RG Louis. Just sayin', give the kid a shot. Make Webb the swing tackle and draft a nasty G and C. One to start, one to groom.
-
- 18 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
Just kidding. But really, if you need proof that stats can be very misleading, check this out. Look at Urlacher's stats. He had his best year statistically. http://www.nfl.com/players/brianurlacher/p...le?id=URL059326 In 8 seasons he's only had more tackles twice. Since his rookie season he's never had more than 6 sacks so 5 sacks this season is pretty good. Url had 5 picks, which is almost twice as many as he's ever had in a season before and blew away his old stats in terms of passes defended with 12, literally twice as many as he'd ever put up before. He also took a pick back to the house for the first time. If I was playing Madden, I'm sure I'…
-
- 10 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
Rod Hood In High Demand Posted by Mike Florio on May 20, 2009, 1:20 p.m. The Cardinals surprisingly released cornerback Rod Hood in the days after the draft. Hood’s base salary, coupled with his potential unwillingness to accept a reserve role, contributed to his ouster in Arizona. And he has since become a hot commodity. We’re told that he has received a contract offer from the Rams, and that he’ll next be visiting the Bears. Other teams in the mix include the Lions and Browns. The Bengals are out of the picture. Hood has a connection to Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo; they both previously were in Philly together.
-
- 14 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
I think its a great video. forgot some of those but thought I would post it here. http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/mul...clip=Y&rn=9
-
- 9 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
So the Bears are the biggest players in free agency, for sure, but they aren't the only ones. The Lions are making some aggressive moves of their own: so far, they've inked Nate Burleson from the Seahawks and Kyle Vanden Bosch from the Titans, plus they traded to get Corey Williams from the Browns. None of those are blockbuster moves like the Peppers signing, but they're all pretty smart, I think. Burleson isn't a great #1 receiver, but as a #2 paired with Calvin Johnson, he's miles better than Bryant Johnson or anybody else on Detroit's roster. I think he could be a credible complementary receiver, which they haven't had in a while. As for KVB and Williams, I …
-
- 18 replies
- 3.3k views
-