Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Online (See full list)

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by AZ54,

    Congrats to this young man for earning a starting opportunity in Week 3 of the preseason. I've been complimentary of him the last couple weeks and it seems he done as well or better in practice this week with the 1st team. If you like watching Olinemen run LBs out of the play watch a couple of his highlight clips at the link. http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2016/08/25/c...n-performances/

  2. Started by AZ54,

    It is impossible to know how he'll perform once the pads go on but looking at the practice photos of Cornelius Washington he has bulked up quite a bit for his new role at DE. He made some noise last year in pass rushing drills early in camp before his injury. http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/pho...72-3dcb23fcef47

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/...ngton-arrested/

  4. Played some LB, but projects as DE. McClellin and Wootton have some competition. From NFLDraftScout.com: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players...lius-washington Projected 2-3rd Round (82nd Overall), we got him at 188.

    • 14 replies
    • 3k views
  5. Started by Wesson44,

    IMHO we have two overpaid corners doing nothing in the passing game. Sure they can get interceptions on tips and ball throw right at them but this bail and run scheme they play is simple not good. I have watched other corner like the Giants Webster and the Packers Woodson play right at the line on the WR and bump and turn and run with them. This causes two things, ! for the timing to be off on quick routes and 2 for the QB to hold the ball longer allowing the pass rush to get there to the QB. I played saftey/corner in high school and college and never saw this thing the Bears are teaching and we played the cover two also, with two deep safties. This makes me wonder if our…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  6. Started by Bill,

    https://dabearsblog.com/2021/zimmermanqb Found this interesting. Don't know how close to reality the values are. But based on his points I just don't see any reason the Bears should do any trading up for any QB that would be available before ten. I want them to just stay put unless one of the top four falls beyond ten or hope Jones falls to 20. Other wise draft a OL best player available at 20 and see who's there in the 2nd.

    • 14 replies
    • 1.7k views
  7. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/ SIX WEEKS FOR SATURDAY, OR LONGER Posted by Mike Florio on August 27, 2008, 7:51 p.m. Colts center Jeff Saturday is expected to miss the first six weeks of the season after partially tearing a knee ligament during Sunday night’s preseason game with the Bills. Per the Indianapolis Star, Saturday will miss even more time if he decides to have surgery to repair the torn MCL. His agent, Ralph Cindrich, told the Star that Saturday will miss six or seven weeks without surgery, and 11 with the procedure. Rookie Steve Justice likely will replace Saturday, who’s entering the final year of his contract

  8. I was just looking back at the schedule in retrospect, and damn this is going to be a rough year no matter what coaches are hired. The Bears have games against 3 of the toughest divisions in the NFL, NFC East, AFC East, and their own. Half of their games will be against teams that made it into the play offs this year. They of course play the Packers and Vikings twice. They will host the Eagles, Patriots, and the Jets. Plus, they will travel to the Cowboys this year. I'd hate to call the Lions a give me game. They have been improving, but I'm glad the Bears play them twice. The Bills and Carolina are some what disfunctional, but still pose some what of a challen…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. We have a QUARTERBACK. Yes, it is hard to believe. We have upgraded our OL to protect this excellent MOBILE Quarterback. Forte average ypc will benefit immensely as teams will not be able to stack the "Box" Forte is an excellent receiver as well. Greg Olsen will be HUGE as a target for Cutler, Clark & K Davis will also contribute. Cutler's buddy E Bennett should have an excellent year. Cutler to Hester connection should be very exciting, Cutler can hit him on those deep routes. Then I read this from FootBallGuys.com: Then you add in our sleeper WR from the 7th Rd. This could be very interesting!!!!!!

    • 6 replies
    • 2.1k views
  10. A couple thoughts come to mind: da Bears' 1st and a third for Bills 1st to grab Clady or Phillips before Denver, who has an alleged interest in 1 of those players. or Bills 1st for Bernie Berrian. Your thoughts...

  11. Started by bradjock,

    I pretty sure on the Monday night game vs. Minnesota game that we started D Manning at SS and Craig Steltz at FS. The first half was our best defensive performance of the year. I'm wondering if this combination might work for a couple different reasons: 1. D Manning has bad instincts and is slow to make reads. This makes him bad a FS, even though he has ideal speed. But he's explosive and he's a solid tackler. If we keep him closer to the line to be a disruptive force, this might be more ideal. 2. We mainly ask our FS to not give up big plays. Steltz appears to have good instincts, he'll be at the right place at the right time, and he doesn't miss tackles. H…

    • 11 replies
    • 2.2k views
  12. Started by BearFan2000,

    I got to thinking he'd have to have a shot to be on the cover. He's a game breaker and makes an impact on the game by just being there. Do you believe in the Madden Curse?

  13. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/...ke-the-packers/

  14. Started by scs787,

    I saw this tweet by Melton and wondered if it could mean he was asked to line up outside at DE... Pretty random tweet unless he was asked about it, and this wasn't in response to any ones question. Couple this with the fact that Tucker apparently likes bigger run stuffers in the middle and it could make sense. Could they add a massive DT to their list of draft needs?? Jesse Williams in the first would be a dream, Kwame Geathers in the 4th would be more realistic. How sexy would a Peppers-Paea-Williams-Melton front 4 look??? With Melton playing the Izzy role where he occasionally moves inside to give Wootton and SMC some snaps.

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. Started by bradjock,

    I was thinking how damn good Minnesota is defensively, how great their o-line is, & their RB's are top-notch. They have around 15 million cap-available. While their secondary sucks, their most glaring weakness is QB & WR. I'd take Mark Bradley/Devin Hester or Moose over ANY WR Minny has. MAYBE Tavaris Jackson isn't horrible, but why take that chance? Sadly & ironically the best WR on the market is Bernard Berrian. (Randy Moss is returning to NE IMO) The best QB available is Rex Grossman. (Derek Anderson ain't going nowhere . . . . that makes Rex #1.) If I'm Minnesota, I do everything possible to address these two positions. I'd over-pay if …

    • 25 replies
    • 7k views
  16. Started by nfoligno,

    A Sun Times article discusses Lovie taking over on D, and goes on to talk about Lovie being "excited" about potential personnel changes, referring to players and not coaches. This led Briggs to wonder if we might not have our sights set on some of the big names in FA on the defensive side of the ball. Now, I know many here want to add the CB from Oakland, but I personally do not believe he would even be considered. We run a scheme that relies on the pass rush, while cover two corners are not usually considered shut down caliber. So while many would like to add a stud CB, I don't see that in the plans. If we are going to make a change to the personnel that w…

    • 63 replies
    • 16k views
  17. Started by jason,

    I was thinking about the nightmare scenario possibility. Could it be possible that all the likely guys are gone? 1. TEN - Jeremy Tunsil - I don't see how he is not the #1 pick. 2. CLE - QB - Who cares who it is. They're picking a QB. 3. SD - Joey Bosa - He's largely thought of as the best guy in the draft. 4. DAL - Jalen Ramsey - They are picking him or Hargreaves. I'm convinced of it. 5. JAX - Myles Jack - They need defense everywhere. Getting a field-general makes sense. 6. BAL - A'Shawn Robinson - Canty is weak, and their LBs are firm. 7. SF - Ronnie Stanley - They just hired Chip Kelly. He's going offense. 8. MIA - Jaylon Smith - The second I…

    • 26 replies
    • 5.6k views
  18. I've been reading the thread on the Packers' new 3-4 defense and how our offense might stack up against it, and I figured there should be a thread about the Lions' defensive changes as well. Let's get one thing out of the way immediately: yes, they're the Lions. Yes, they're coming off a winless season. But they're also fielding an almost entirely different team from the one that went 0-16, especially on D. They're not only changing their defensive scheme (from a Tampa-2 to a blitz-heavy, Jim Johnson-style 4-3,) they're also fielding an almost entirely new personnel group. By my count, they could be returning as few as three starters on defense, which is a good…

  19. Started by nfoligno,

    Just wondering, but could our not firing Lovie be more an indictment of Angelo? Could it be that the team is not ready to fire Angelo, but at the same time, not sure whether he will remain long term? If Angelo is in hot water, does it make sense to fire Lovie this year, have Angelo hire a new HC? The more I think about it, the more I think this has a lot to do w/ Angelo. I don't think our owners are ready to fire Angelo, but not willing to allow him to hire a new HC either. That could mean that next year, assuming we don't see big gains, will end in a total house cleaning.

  20. I just saw on espn that Carolina DE Rucker(Spelled right?) just retired. Could they now target someone like harvey instead of taking o-line. Could albert or clady fall to us? If Carolina picks harvey and ryan falls to baltimore then maybe clady or if kc passes on albert this could be good news for us. I'd pass on otah, he's knocked about his footwork and may struggle in passing situations. Denver and KC could be our only spoilers, but you never know. I have a gut feeling there will be a mad run on defense after miami picks, cause once Long, Dorsey, or Gholston are taken teams will panic and go for the others first since the draft isn't as deep on de or dt or lb for …

    • 13 replies
    • 4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.