Who's Online (See full list)
- There are no registered users currently online
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
I just read this blurb on PFW (which isn't to be confused with PFFFFFFFFT): We hear second year Bears WR Earl Bennett, a third round disappointment who admitted that he struggled last season to learn the Bears' playbook, looked a lot more sure of himself running routes at the Bears' first minicamp this offseason. Heading into the draft, Bennett appears to have a tenuous hold on the No. 2 WR spot behind Devin Hester and ahead of Rashied Davis. What do you want to bet that with the addition of Cutler, Bennett becomes not only a lock for the #2, but a breakout performer this year?
-
- 18 replies
- 4k views
-
-
Just thought I'd let everyone know who's interested..
-
- 18 replies
- 3.5k views
-
-
left on the 53 man roster. Cowboys | Team meets with Bollinger Tue, 2 Sep 2008 17:27:22 -0700 Updating a previous report, Todd Archer, of The Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys met with free-agent QB Brooks Bollinger (Vikings) Tuesday, Sept. 2. The Cowboys may sign Bollinger after Week 1. He would have never made it to the practice squad. Dallas was the other team that tried to sign him as a FA after the draft. He is from Texas. They would have snagged him in a heartbeat. Peace
-
- 17 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
Look, I'm not just doing this because of our 2nd straight loss, but even before the year I've been thinking about it. 1. I haven't ever been too fond of Olsen. I've always thought he was soft, and we never use him hardly except for little out patterns and all that crap. We have Davis who impressed me in the preseason and I think we could use him more efficiently and effectively. Plus, his 2 fumbles week 2 didn't help put my argument to rest. I'm sure we could get a 1st round pick for this guy. 2. Mark Anderson had an unreal rookie year with like 14 sacks. Ever since, he has like 4. I'm tired of watching this guy attempt to play the run and get to the QB. He has …
-
- 17 replies
- 3.5k views
-
-
what is this rediculous end around bullshit? Nice handoff to Kevin Jones of all people. Turner you are a total jackass. Pretend for once you arent your brother and take your head outta your ass. Monster Game - Lance Briggs, only new rich guy on the team thats doing anything
-
- 17 replies
- 3.5k views
-
-
It is difficult to make any significant changes during a regular week. You can tweak this or that, but larger scale changes are difficult during a regular week, when you have to spend about 1/2 the week specifically game planning for the opponent, rather than focusing too much on internal changes. So often teams look to the bye week as an opportunity to make larger scale changes. Also a time when many teams make coaching changes/adjustments, which also affect scheme. Anyway, will we make any significant changes, or will we continue to say our scheme and game planning are fine, and that it is all on execution. There is plenty of history with Lovie to …
-
- 17 replies
- 4.1k views
-
-
He blames everything wrong with Hester on the coaching staff. He said you don't take the best weapon ever and try to turn him into something he's not which will obviously make him not so much of a great weapon anymore. He said then said something that I really have never thought about- it went like this: "You guys want a #1 receiver? THEN GO OUT AND SIGN ONE!!!!!!" Thoughts?
-
- 17 replies
- 4.3k views
-
-
Kyle Orton isn't a very good QB. Enough with the excuses. The guy is a freaking bum. Matthew Stafford.......
-
- 17 replies
- 4.1k views
-
-
Looks like Jones will be active again. I'm sure Bears88 will be happy. Peace http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2008/12/ha...fe_34.html#more
-
- 17 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
-
He never talks about adding guys. It makes me think... I've never heard Angelo talk in the tone he did when I heard this on CTL. The way he said this made me crack a grin. Again, his tone made him sound in charge. It made him sound like he understands the core of the defense's window for a ring may be closing and he wants one soon as well. But who is he referring to? Vasher? Harris? Ogunleye? Maybe even Hester on KR's/PR's? On MJH today, JD says either Anderson or Ogunleye won't be back next year. That was in a response to a question about the future of Babich. Bank on Marinelli being apart of this organization next year. He …
-
- 17 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
San Diego was horribly burned on the one play where they were trying to substitute. Other then that, Ron Rivera's defense looked damn good against Indy. In fact, it's amazing how the San Diego defense has improved since he took over. Is there any doubt at this point that it was a huge mistake to let him go? To be honest, when it happened I was ok with it and thought our defense could be even better. Damn I was wrong.
-
- 17 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
Jake D is sure looking fine tonight. Reminds me of many a QB we have had over the past 10 years, LOL.
-
- 17 replies
- 4.6k views
-
-
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/0...-diner-news-93/ CHICAGO BEARS — At some point, the Bears will have to address their quarterback situation. There were times last season when Kyle Orton appeared to have a good handle on things, but after sustaining an ankle injury, he was not the same productive player he was earlier in the year. The Bears need a marquee player on offense, someone they can build around and make all the other pieces fit. They need someone they do not have to manage but who can run a complete offense. The need is there, but I doubt the Bears will be serious players. They have the 18th pick in the first round, but they hate to part with p…
-
- 17 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
With Tait's retirement looming, we are looking at approx 32 million to use in free agency. That number could increase if some cuts are made. Another scenario that makes this money huge is that we have no big name FA's to re-sign. I have big on re-signing St. Clair. I'm no longer on the bandwagon for signing him no matter what. If he can't be had for a decent price before FA begins, it's time to roll the dice. Who I like: Khalif Barnes. He had a down year, but didn't all the Jags. He's young and has shown his talent. He's the best remaining OT out there and provides us great flexibilty. Next up is the WR's. Gotta go Houshmandzadeh here. Orton needs a #1…
-
- 17 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Let's say we do not get another WR in FA or via the draft. I show the following on the roster: - Hester - Davis - Bennett - Aromashodu (waived by Indy - did not play for us) - Rideau - Burgess (practice squad) I would assume then the top 5 would make the team with Hester, Davis, and Bennett as the top 3. If this is the case then why not play Olsen more at WR (he played around 15% of his plays there this last yr with Kellen Davis and Clark at TE). We had some success with Olsen at WR last yr and I would love to see Kellen Davis get some time on the field - he looked very good in the preseason. Formation could be 2 WR (Hester and Olsen), 2 TE …
-
- 17 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
Hey, I have recently uploaded my highlight tape of my senior year in football onto youtube and I wanted to post it here. I just want to here what all the amateur scouts here think of it. I hope you don't mind me posting it in this section, but this is where all the trafic is... I recommed going to the youtube link to view it, but you don't have to. It's just that the video is bigger and easy to spot me at youtube. Also, make sure you hit the HQ button at the bottom right, as it does make a big difference. EDIT: For some reason I can't get the video to post on here, so you have to go to the link, sorry.
-
- 17 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
So far, according to either the Times or NFL.com, the Bears have had/will have private workouts with Phil Loadholt (RT, Oklahoma), Hakeem Nicks (WR, North Carolina), and Eben Britton (RT, Arizona). They also really like Herman Johnson (OG, LSU), along with Tampa and San Diego. Just wanted your guys' thoughts on this.
-
- 17 replies
- 4.4k views
-
-
I've heard that in Chicago there is a growing consensus that Urlacher hasn't exactly been overly excited about the move. Apparently on WSCR, Urlacher has been getting blasted for comments he made today. I've heard the comments he made on ESPN Radio and he definately didn't sound overly optmistic but he also didn't sound negative. Does anyone think this is going to be an issue? I know I've been pretty open on the fact that I'm 1000% behind Cutler. I'd give him a 100M extension right now if I had to. The guy is badass, I wanted him in the draft that year and I love his gunslinging attitude, overall abilities and his stats (including how freaking good he's been in…
-
- 17 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
Just glad it's over. I do wonder if the league will appeal. This is, however, a real indictment of the arbitrary nature of Goodell's rulings. I believe Brady was guilty as sin but if the NFL can't convince a judge to take their side, when the Commissioner is supposed to have discretion in these matters, it speaks volumes about how shitty a job he's doing.
-
- 17 replies
- 4.6k views
-