Who's Online (See full list)
- There are no registered users currently online
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
Kevin Jones hosted a workout for NFL suitors and only four teams showed up. Just so the suspense does not kill anyone, the Bears were not in attendance. Strangely enough, the steelers were there. I found that odd after they just let go of Davenport. Here's the link. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3465537
-
- 17 replies
- 4.2k views
-
-
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=4858 I read the above story and picked out a few tidbits. I know coach-speak is simply fluff this time of year, but tell me what you think. A ROOKIE DOESN'T NEED A LOT OF REPS TO BE GOOD... Looks like we have another spoon fed starter. If you are his coach, you better know he's capable. AP's been on the team how long? I have issues with the lack of savvy on this coaching staff. It seems like everytime our coaching staff is interviewed, some jackass staements are made. I'm still spinning over the WR coach saying Hester corrects him when he makes mistakes. Do good coaches function this w…
-
- 17 replies
- 3.9k views
-
-
In looking at which QB starts for us, I read about many things each does well, but that got me thinking. What traits are going to be most important. Downfield passing is one that so often comes up, but simply not what I consider all that important. In a perfect world, it would be great to have a QB that can connent deep w/ his reciever, but I just question how much of our game will be centered about that. We have Hester to run downfield, but beyond the WR, or even the QB, I simply question our OL. How many here believe we have an OL that can pass protect long enough to allow WRs to run deep routes. IMHO, if we try to allow deep patterns to open up, we will see a…
-
- 17 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
I've been thinking about our OL almost exclusively, this off season. I'm thinking we have some highly tradeable talent on this roster that we can utilize to upgrade the OL. The reason I'm talking trade is because I want a rising player, not a cap cut or scrap heap player. Here's a look at our tradeable players. D. Manning - will not hurt us to be gone. Cap friendly for whoever may want him. R. Manning -Obviously already on the block. Cap friendly for us and may fill a huge need for a deprived team. A. Adams - Looking good for us, but we are deep. Cap friendly for both. I. Idonije - Again, we are deep. Buffalo still may want. Cap friendly again. A. Og…
-
- 17 replies
- 4.4k views
-
-
-
Anyone figure out who our starting WR are? I haven't really seen this listed anywhere and the Bears website still shows 4 guys as co-starters.
-
- 17 replies
- 3k views
-
-
-
Seriously, why did we go with Louis and Kinder when guys like Canfield and Cadogen were there? Both guys were projected to go anywhere from the 2nd-4th, but were there in the 7th. I understand we upgraded significantly via FA on the OL, but when guys like these 2 are there, you take them.
-
- 17 replies
- 3.5k views
-
-
I've been talking Bears and football with you guys for aprox. 6 years on 2 sites and know that I would follow you guys to the end of the internet LOL. For the past 5 years during draft time I have been producing a little generic draft guide based on what I can see on my TV during games and workouts that I can view. Thats why my partipation on this site during draft time has dwindled. I'm busy compiling my unscientific research typing it into my computer and then printing up a few copies for my co workers so they can follow the draft a little better than they would be able to through the newspapers they find in our lunchroom. So what I'm asking is why not all of…
-
- 17 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
dabearsblog.com Pretty funny. The last point gave me the chills.
-
- 17 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
This year, our passing game outlook is simply so different, it is hard to grasp. We have a franchise, top 5 potential QB. We have an upgraded OL which may not be great, but looks pretty good. While we do not have "elite" WR talent (proven) we have considerable potential and quantity, more than I believe I can recall in some time. I have been playing w/ the numbers, and just have a hard time rationing out the stats. IMHO, looking at Cutler, I think 4,000 yards on 340 completions is not out of the question. I know the yardage total is lower than last year, but we are not going to be as pass happy as Denver. The 340 catches is actually more than he had last…
-
- 17 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
It is quite boring right now with all the expectations coming and the moves we have made, I just want to jump to August. But until then, who is the biggest suprize of 2009? Not a Cutler, or Briggs making the Pro Bowl again, but someone we dont expect to be one of the stars? Mine is Earl Bennett, nothing to lead me to believe why he would be, but we have a QB and there old friends and someone will emerge as a star, I am calling Earl the one.
-
- 17 replies
- 3.9k views
-
-
We, as fans, are always looking for that one player who will put us over the top. Among the many positions we have discussed, WRs often come up. Three WRs who have generated a lot of discussion are TO, Burress and Marshall. TO is out of the picture, but I am still keeping him in this question for the hell of it. Considering each, who is the WR you would most want. TO - Pure locker room cancer. Some have golf or hunting as a hobby, but TO's hobby is throwing his QB (and often coach) under the bus. He simply has a way on ruining chemistry in the locker room. On the other hand, he also has a way of simply dominating on the field. While many will point to his num…
-
- 17 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
I thought I'd start a new thread for this, since it's not clear how much of it is related to Tillman's injury and how much is not. Here are the changes in the secondary so far: - Danieal Manning is back at FS... - ...but Craig Steltz will replace him in the nickel package. On obvious passing downs, Manning will move to nickel back (although Jeff Dickerson suggests that Corey Graham might get some snaps there as well.) - In the base package, Steltz is the backup SS behind Kevin Payne. - Corey Graham is back at corner... - ...but Zack Bowman is the starter at left corner in Tillman's absence. So, unless I'm wrong, our secondary depth c…
-
- 17 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
Just heard by Chris Mortenson during the Steelers game that Micheal Vick just signed a 2 year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles. What do think is going through the mind of Donovan McNabb? http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4397938
-
- 17 replies
- 3.9k views
-
-
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/08/du...n_harrison.html Would he be worth it?
-
- 17 replies
- 3.5k views
-
-
1. I can't believe Soldier field is packed. There doesn't seem to be an empty seat. Unbelievable for a pre-season game. 2. Tonight our ST's is the weakest link. That's awesome. 3. DA & Riddeau appear to be our #3 & #4 receivers. 4. Forte was a monster but I'd have like to have seen Kevin Jones with the #1's. 5. We need to keep Rashied Davis at the bottom of our roster. I've said this all along: He's a great #5. 6. To hell with Basinez. We need to give Hanie as many reps as possible. I hope he finishes the game. IMO it would make sense to put Basinez on the practice squad. Assuming he's eligible. 7. The most awesome p…
-
- 17 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Orton: Now you can take this a number of ways, but it sure does seem like a shot at the Bears since that is the only "talent" he has ever been around.
-
- 17 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
For the keeper league, I got the email that we have moved the draft up to tomorrow "early afternoon". Can we set a time? I don't know if we are talking about noon or 3pm, or if we are going to do it earlier or later, or what. Family is wanting to do some stuff, and while they understand I have the draft, I would like to know when it is so I can plan around it.
-
- 17 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
IMHO and i have said this ever since we have gotten Ron Turner that we lose because of the plays he call or doesn't call. Prime example we are in the RED ZONE three times and you never used OLSEN ..not one time on a mismatch. Better yet why not the 6'7 DAVIS. The run up the middle never got much so why not use the play action pass to Forte/McKie in the flat. Maybe the bootleg to Olsen instead of Clark.. During the game when the Packer were coming after Cutler...where was the dump off to Forte?And for those of you who say its Cutler and the defense that lost this game.....think about this. The Packers were deep in the red zone once and that was the int run back. Other than…
-
- 17 replies
- 3.4k views
-