Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
I'm not good at math, at all, and I'm not very good with the cap space thing too, so I have a question. People say the Bears need to extend Forte to a bigger deal so $7.7m isn't on the cap this year and they keep saying it's because of the guaranteed money. How does that work? To help me, just use this: 5 years, $40 million, $20 million guaranteed. Does this mean it's only like 5 years, $20 million against the cap, or what? Thanks in advance.
-
- 14 replies
- 2k views
-
-
-
I was trying to change the subject and poked the Knitting needle thru my hand. I was wondering if anyone had some advice on knitting.
-
- 14 replies
- 2k views
-
-
CB Janoris Jenkinsis an extremely talented CB, a Pro Bowl Man-to-Man cover guy who will undoubtedly be a great player, IF IF IF IF he can stay off of drugs IF he can keep his "weenie" under control IF he can find an NFL club gutsy enough to give him a shot 4 kids with 3 different women? Bounced from the Gators, winds up in a Div 2 school and still doesn't "get it" I just read a piece on NFL.com saying many have taken him completely off the draft boards and others would only take him in the 2nd or later. I am curious what you think. Certainly, the Bears, running the cover 2, would have no reason to gamble on this guy. If he were this great …
-
- 14 replies
- 2k views
-
-
IMHO we need to do three things in this draft 1. Get a WR for the other side of Marshall to take the load off of him. Granted Cutler will be looking at throwing to him alot this year but this will take double coverages off Marshall by having another threat such as Marshall. Then we can use all the rest Bennett, Hester, Thomas Weems,Knox(if he plays) to control the underneath. And it doesnt have to be in RD1 2. The Bears HAVE to strengthen the D-line. Smith's whole defense depends on it. No one in the secondary comes close to covering ANY of the Packer WRs or Johnson with the Lions without pressure on the QB. Their chances begin and end right there... So maybe d…
-
- 14 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
The Bears are making trades and getting players at the needed positions without the draft by way of FA. Does this set them up to make moves by trading picks in the draft to move up or down to get the player they really want. Let say they want Brockers, or Foyd in the first do they trade up if needed to get them or sit tight and let them fall.
-
- 14 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
"Hardin is just the latest safety to be drafted by the Bears, who have chosen one in eight consecutive drafts. Of the seven who came before Hardin, Conte, Al Afalava, Kevin Payne, Danieal Manning and Chris Harris all started as rookies." http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...8647,full.story Even if some of those were by injury, that's amazing that almost all of our rookie safeties end up starting during year one. Hardin is likely to be the seventh in eight years. The question is, what does that say about our secondary and our coaches?
-
- 14 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
Pompei wrote an article in the trib stating about bringing back Harris as a rotation guy.Since we are short at the position, someone to give you 10 to 15 snaps a game, may not be a bad idea. He had 10 hurries and 3 sacks in a part time role.
-
- 14 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
There is an article in the www.bleacherreport.com about Jay being the most underrated player in NFL, its a good one. Read it. That is the website, not sure if its linked right. May be one of the computer brains can help me.
-
- 14 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UieWHiwwTsY...feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTegYX4Gro4...feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=87BI9XV8ouA
-
- 14 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
So, after this weekend I got to thinking about what might be ailing J'Marcus Webb. Why this sudden epiphany? Well during the game I noticed a play of particular interest and a curious series of events. Somewhere during the 2nd quarter I believe is when it took place. As the Bears offense is lining up I notice Marshall point at something on the ground, near Webb, and draws Cutler's attention to it. Cutler looks down at it and subsequently calls a timeout. Keep that fact in mind as I continue on. So the game goes to commerical break and once the game resumes things continue on as if nothing happened, other than the Bears calling the timeout. The analysts thought it …
-
- 14 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
This guy is fukkin terrible. Cant make a tackle, awful angles, no containment responsibility, and hasnt pushed a DT yet... Totally useless
-
- 14 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
lemonej brought up an interesting point during the post on the new rookies' numbers and Moore having Mike Brown's old number. And then mentioned other instances in the past... I have no problem with it. However, my thought is that if the players' number in question is in the HoF, we should retire that jersey! Ie. 99 needs to be retired NOW!
-
- 14 replies
- 3k views
-
-
Rod Hood In High Demand Posted by Mike Florio on May 20, 2009, 1:20 p.m. The Cardinals surprisingly released cornerback Rod Hood in the days after the draft. Hood’s base salary, coupled with his potential unwillingness to accept a reserve role, contributed to his ouster in Arizona. And he has since become a hot commodity. We’re told that he has received a contract offer from the Rams, and that he’ll next be visiting the Bears. Other teams in the mix include the Lions and Browns. The Bengals are out of the picture. Hood has a connection to Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo; they both previously were in Philly together.
-
- 14 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
I opened and ran 3 FFLs last year for the Talkbears at Yahoo as I use to do at Bearstalk.. I enjoyed this very much as I have always enjoyed FF. However, this year, do to time commitments with family & job, I will be unable to run the leagues as I have in the past. I might have time to join one league but to be commish, just too much time involved for me this year. I think DrunkBomber said he ran leagues here in the past. If I am wrong, please forgive me. If he or others would like to open leagues for the forum I got an email from chitownman saying the Yahoo site is up and running (that is if you want to use Yahoo, some mentioned they would prefer other host…
-
- 14 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Okay, so yesterday was my anniversary and my gift was a trip to wherever to see the Bears play. I was thinking that I would love to go to Lambeau to see the Bears play the Packers but would have to get tickets at face value (otherwise I'll just get tickets to a game at Soldier field). Does anyone have any clue on a good method of getting Packer tickets?
-
- 14 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=5473...=tab_gamecenter
-
- 14 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
i really dont like watching our WRs at all. I feel bad for hester really, a guy on the other side of him would make him so much better. I wouldnt even bother covering bennett or davis.. http://blog.theredzone.org/ViewItem.asp?Entry=2556
-
- 14 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
The two NFC North clashes between the Bears and Vikings Nov. 29 in Minnesota and Dec. 28 on Monday Night Football in Chicago are suddenly a whole lot more intriguing. “Anytime you play against him, the ticket requests go up,” Ogunleye said. “All of your friends want to come and watch the game. He’s just that kind of guy. When I have my own kids, I’m going to say that I played against Brett Favre.” Favre owns NFL career records with 5,720 completions, 9,280 attempts, 65,127 yards and 310 interceptions. The 39-year-old also owns the league mark for most consecutive games started by a quarterback with 269. Favre dominated the Bears for a decade before Lovie Sm…
-
- 14 replies
- 3k views
-
-
OK, I know Cutler disappointed a lot of these fans but... Grow the f*ck up people. It wasn't just the dipshits in the stands either! The Broncos were playing this game like it was their Superbowl! Dancing around like a bunch of hopped-up leprechauns on crack with every tackle. Hey dillhole, your job is to tackle! Get over yourself! Maybe it's the lack of oxygen to the brain... Does the Broncos new head coach look like a high school kid or what? He'll either be great for them for the next 50 years or he's in WAY over his head! Did one of the goal posts look crooked to you? I swear one of them looked like it needed a level put on it! In the war …
-
- 14 replies
- 3.2k views
-