Who's Online (See full list)
- There are no registered users currently online
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/pages/blog_moon Friday, December 18 CSNChicago.com has learned, in the strongest terms to date, that Lovie Smith indeed will be back as Bears coach in 2010. That has been my take of the situation for some weeks before this. Now two highly placed individuals within the organization have separately indicated that there will not be a change at the top of the on-field org chart, due in some measure to the looming prospect of a strike/lockout. The same assurances were not there with respect to changes on the staffs for offense and defense. Don’t look for any announcement one way or the other, by the way. Organizations typ…
-
- 11 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
-
Forgive me, but what you about to read is purely conjecture. I am concerned about Mooney. Over the course of the off season, we read on numerous accounts how much time he and Justin spent together running routes. Fast forward to training camp and we have a rash of reciever injuries. Mooney never was on the report, but he did have to pick up the slack. While many 4, 5, 6 and 7th receivers are used for their camp legs, we did not have that luxury. We had to use our #1, giving Mooney a lot of extra reps in practice and all three exhibition games. Also, what role did Eberflus' "always hustle" mantra play into this? You know where I'm going. His legs look tire…
-
- 17 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
I haven't listened to the interview, just read the summary here: https://www.si.com/nfl/bears/news/bears-more-organized-now-says-darnell-mooney Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/darnell-mooney-in-studio-time-to-cash-in-on-white-sox/id1210156055?i=1000567483239 In a podcast interview with Redline Radio, described Matt Eberlus' team as entirely organized and the Matt Nagy regime, well, not so much. "It's night and day, man," Mooney said on the podcast about Bears practices now. "It's smooth. I mean everything. Everybody knows where to go, when to do something, what's the expectation, what's the standard. You know what you're getting out…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Oh man I love this, check 2:13 into the video: Moose vs Dawkins Surprise, surprise....dropped.
-
- 8 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
As expected, Moose was signed by Carolina, but they also released Carr. Would we be interested in signing Carr as a backup instead of Griese? Carr played with Berrian at Fresno State and played pretty well together. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aq0c...p&type=lgns
-
- 7 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
lol I was driving home today and heard a quote from Moose on Arizona Sports Radio. He claimed he wasn't utilized properly and that the quarterbacks had a problem getting the ball to playmakers like him. No mention of the drops, though. I dont know what was funnier, the fact that he threw the team under the bus on his way out or that he referred to himself as a playmaker.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
Well, the Eagles have Foles and Wentz. Does anyone doubt they will trade one of them, probably Foles? That's another team getting a QB from somewhere other than the first 7 picks of the 2018 NFL Draft...
-
- 2 replies
- 885 views
-
-
Bears | Not worried about sophomore slump for Forte Comment (0) Tue, 07 Jul 2009 20:52:15 -0700 Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports Chicago Bears RBs coach Tim Spencer said he would like to see second-year RB Matt Forte improve on his yards per carry and yards per catch. Spencer believes both will improve for Forte this season. Spencer said he is not concerned about a sophomore slump. "He's going to do well," Spencer added. "We have some new players and we've improved on our offensive line. I see no reason why Matt shouldn't improve this season." -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bears | La…
-
- 10 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...nson-04.article Some of the highlights from the article of the ass-turd's idiocy: "I'm sure they know they made a mistake [releasing me]," Benson said, "after the way I finished last season. But I'm not worried about them. It's in the past and I've moved on. I had a career-high in touches and yards in a little more than half a season, more than I ever had in Chicago. That tells you the story right there." There remains no love lost between Benson and ex-Bear Thomas Jones. The pair combined for 1,857 rushing yards during 2006 en route to the Super Bowl, the same season that Jones once slugged Benson in practice. …
-
- 5 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Read where we're close to signing tom Compton/OT formally from Atlanta and Marcus Cooper/CB from Arizona
-
- 16 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
One week all signs point to ditching Lovie. Next week we are keeping him regardless of the record. Now Angelo says that he will evaluate himself as well as lovie at the end of the season. Maybe I am just projecting, but I think that with this loss and crap performance in Baltimore and the likely blowout with Minnesota (in chicago) with the possibility of losing to Detroit (played well against Arizona), leaving us at 5-11, that the team will clean house. Angelo did say that money wasn't an issue. He just wants wins. http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4759793
-
- 23 replies
- 4.4k views
-
-
Reynaud and Joe Long have been cut today as well
-
- 36 replies
- 12.8k views
-
-
Eagles get #2 and a 2017 4th. Browns get Eagles' 1st, 3rd, 4th, 2017 1st and 2018 2nd. I don't get all this movement so far in advance. I didn't get why the Rams would trade up to #1 and not announce who they were taking right away because they have to know if they are trading up there. I don't get the Eagles giving up so much to move up unless they know for sure which QB (I assume) they are going to be left with after the Rams draft. And I really don't get why this year seemed to start out as a relatively down year for QBs and now everyone is trading whole drafts to get Carson Wentz and Jared Goff. Maybe the Eagles are targeting someone else (Ramsey?), but every…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-new-york-days/
-
- 3 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
So through the grapevine I herd Favre just bought a house in Edina, MN.... could be totally BS but if it's true then probably to the Vikes... good we got our Vikes games late in the season when Brett is at his worst...
-
- 6 replies
- 2k views
-
-
I was reading something somewhere and the author (as a smart ass) asked what percentage our offense Forte provided. As a smart ass back, I asked if the guy was asking about yardage or scoring. That got me to thinking that since Forte is asking for elite money and I've always felt that his drawback as a RB was that he doesn't make it into the end zone as often as other backs. So this sent me off on a quest: to see how Forte's percentage of team scoring vs. other RBs in the league. I calculated this by going to http://www.pro-football-reference.com/ and scrolled down to the bottom of each team page, and calculated the number of points scored by each RB as a percentage …
-
- 16 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
Bears seeking family plan? By Vaughn McClure | Tribune reporter 10:01 PM CST, January 6, 2009 If Joe Barry had his preference, his next family reunion would take place in Chicago. Barry's father-in-law, Rod Marinelli, has an opportunity to join the Bears staff. Barry wouldn't mind tagging along. "If I had an opportunity to work for Lovie Smith, I would cherish it," said Barry, who was fired as Detroit's defensive coordinator when Marinelli was dismissed as the Lions head coach. "I have a relationship with coach Smith. I have a relationship with [general manager] Jerry Angelo. So if that was an opportunity, it would be something I definitely would be…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedi.../content.1.html
-
- 0 replies
- 738 views
-
-
Anxiously awaiting word as to whether or not DeCosta will accept an interview. We just need to get the guy in the building. Don't fail us now George!
-
- 7 replies
- 2.5k views
-