Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/mul...amp;play_clip=Y Check out this video of bears rookie cb DJ Moore dunking a basketball!
-
- 2 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Tells a huge story. I heard others speak about mangini and his ways. Says something. http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...hood-01.article
-
- 2 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
This was mentioned last night on Bears Blitz on Comcast after the game by John 'Moon' Mullins. He said that Cutler goes directly to Turner and basically ignores Hamilton. If this is true, I have several questions: - Why has Turner or Lovie not addressed this with Cutler? This disrespect should not be allowed to happen. - Why have Turner or Hamilton on the staff if they are not going to coach their players? - Why did it take this long for the media to point this out? - WTF is going on at Halas Hall? Peace
-
- 2 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
ints were Rex Cutler's fault according to Jaws. it will be interesting to see what excuse some will give Rex's pick tonight
-
- 4 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
For all intents and purposes training came and preseason are over. Other than setting a few of the last of the 53 man roster we know who is going to be on this team. As a fan I would like to know what you all expect. Best case and worst case. Baring any injuries to the starting 25 or so. If Mack goes down, or Mitch all bets are off. A receiver or running back gets lost all bets are off. But if this team can keep it's core in tack what are yo'ur realistic expectations for this season. What would be successful season or a failure. For me, not making the playoffs or losing in the first round again would be a failure. Making the NFC championship would be a succe…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
St. Clair receivers offer from Browns, negotiations underway By Brad Biggson March 17, 2009 1:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0) The Bears' first minicamp practice begins in less than 30 minutes and the team could have an answer soon for the gaping hole they will have at right tackle. Negotiations for veteran offensive tackle John St. Clair are believed to be taking place. St. Clair remains in Cleveland where he arrived Monday for a free-agent visit with the Browns. A source close to the situation said that Cleveland has offered St. Clair a contract. We have no idea what kind of money he is looking at in Cleveland. Whether or not he is leaning one…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
we had nearly 10 years of poor drafting that has left this franchise with nearly nothing in drafted talent. our roster is swarming with 2nd and 3rd tier players on BOTH sides of the ball and players at the ends of their careers. the only talent what-so-ever with maybe 1-2 exceptions has been brought in as free agents or drafted by someone else than jerry angelo. to let that GM continue on as long as he did falls DIRECTLY onto CEO mike mccaskey and his crony ted phillips. they have run this franchise into the freaking DIRT that will take a good GM 3-4 years to turn around in the draft even IF we currently have one!!! the coaching staff in this franchise should h…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
-
Last year we signed Trevathan on the first day and then a few days later we got Massie and Freeman. In this post i am only referring to new players not resigning our own. So on the first day I see us grabbing a up and coming player going into his second contract. Duron Harmon/FS-----------------6'1" 205 He has been a part time player that has been good when playing in the last two years. He has 4 int. I think we had eyes on him having practiced with NE last year in the preseason and fits Paces mold for players he goes after. I also think in the few days following we sign Logan Ryan/CB and jabaal Sheard. I think these two are versatile and asce…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
After some of the initial signings came in, it was clear that the Bears had a hard stance on overpaying and were not going to budge on value, regardless of the player or need. I assumed we would pay whatever it took to bring in some of the top FA's, but after each signing, it was clear what that the Bears were not going to give out long term deals that would hurt the club in the long-term. We are currently in full rebuild mode. Any free agent now is just a gap filler as we replenish through the draft, but we have to understand we are still 2-3 years away from competing realistically. I think we will always be competitive, but I am not expecting much more than a 5-win seas…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Noteworthy perhaps only because that leaves us with just three safeties on the roster with workouts coming up. Maybe we have our eye on a FA and this is a precursor to that move (Jeromy Miles would make some sense to me), or maybe it's just clearing guys out we don't see a future with. As it stands though I would expect a safety in the draft somewhere. I've been on record as not much of a fan of this safety class. Anyone have someone they really like? I'd personally prefer a good coverage guy over a big hitter, so I'm partial to a mid-round pick on a guy like Adrian Amos or Damarious Randall.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/...e-john-jenkins/
-
- 5 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
This clearly bled over into this week. I think Lovie was concerned with not have timeouts at the end of the game two weeks in a row and held back on challenging the qb sneak. Also, can anyone tell me why the ball was spotted on the 1 after the Bennett play. It was clear that even if he didn't get in the endzone it should have been on the 1 foot or in line. Thoughts? Peace
-
- 4 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
In the last couple seasons Hester has focused on weight lifting to get stronger, and IMO it showed on the field as he lost some of his quickness and burst. This offseason he's changing things up a bit and I hope we see that lightning burst that made him so dangerous. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2010/07/he..._ex-rams_g.html "The thing I really did this summer is I cut back on weight training and focused more on conditioning to really get myself an overtime workout," Hester said. "I've got to be able to play six quarters a game. I want to be able to go …
-
- 2 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
This is the first offseason since I have been here on this board and the old board that there has been some solid buzz daily. The NFL has kept all of its fans on their collective toes since the end of the season. There has been something newsworthy just about everyday since the end of the season starting with JA getting launched to the current FA frenzy now. I can honestly say that this has kept me stoked and I love it because of all the sports to follow this one does it for me. How does everyone else feel about this?
-
- 4 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Let's face it, nobody here predicted this draft would unfold the way it did. You guys know me, I'm a glass half full koolaid drinker. But... Most of this draft clearly fits into the following categories: 1 Reach 2 Risky 3 Tweener. Now as a fan I have to give Emery a chance to prove himself and so I will. We all hope for the best. But frankly, Emery's history with KC doesn't fill me with confidence and this draft looks flawed. I guess getting Marshall makes me feel a little more comfortable with Emery but given that even that was tainted by the charges and this player's mental health condition, the jury is out.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Lots of threads speak about the draft. I thought I would stick predictions in one spot I think Carter drops and that's our pick. 9)Jalen Carter/DT 53) Joe Tippmann/OC 61) Mathew Bergeron/OT 64) Derick Hall/edge 103) I think he trades this pick to NE ( could be any team. NE is always trading picks and has 3 in the 4 th round) gets pick 107 and 117. 107) Chase Brown/RB 117) Riley Moss/CB 133) Karl Brooks/DT 136) Jake Witt) OL 148) Cameron Latu/ TE 218) Matt Landers) WR 258) Jose Ramirez/Edge He's going to make some later day trades but to hard to guess when Poles . I used Bruglers draft for referenc…
-
- 12 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Here is who we picked up in free agency so far: QB - 1. Mike Glennon, signed a three year, $45 million contract. Glennon received $18.5 million fully guaranteed, including a $3 million signing bonus. CAP HIT: $14 mil OT - 2. Tom Compton, signed a one-year, $1.85 million contract with $850,000 guaranteed. CAP HIT: $1.85 mil WR - 3. Markus Wheaton, signed a two-year, $11 million contract with $5 million guaranteed. CAP HIT: $5.25 mil 4. Kendall Wright, signed a one year, $2 million contract.(updated - this is a great deal) CAP HIT: $1,845,750 TE - 5. Dion Sims, signed a three year, $18 million contract, with $10 million guarantee…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
I think there will be a run on OL in the first part of the draft, and a few QBs. SO I think these will be our choices for our pick; Te'o/LB overall ratings on two sites; 10th and 16th Ogletree/LB overall ratings on two sites; 12th and 29th Etrz/TE overall ratings on two sites; 24th and 32nd Cooper/OG overall ratings on two sites; 20th and 23rd so who do you take with that first pick? It we take the best player available it (I hate to say it) would have to be Te'o, if we go by greatest need Cooper/OG a starter caliber from day one. or the best TE in the draft(also a need) I would still take Cooper because the talent at OLi…
-
- 7 replies
- 1.3k views
-