Everything posted by DABEARSDABOMB
-
Bears Select TE Colston Loveland at #10
I disagree - they clearly viewed the other spots as guys with flaws lower on their boards and saw Loveland as a guy with high end upside who combined with Kmet and Moore and Rome legitimate matchup problems. If you dump Kmet you get rid of that advantage in a 12 men situation. I still will have went with the trenches - but it’s clear in my mind that while I value a pick elsewhere, that Loveland is a very high end elite TE prospect, a notch below Bowers but not a ton.
-
Draft...
Not getting one of those tackles at this point. I’d go get the Michigan db. He is going to be so motivated.
- Draft...
-
Draft...
I would be fine trading up a few picks as well - than just move down from our next 2nd a bit to recoup.
-
Draft...
Yeah I would love one of those 3. Simmons is my preference but happy with any of them at 39.
-
Bears Select TE Colston Loveland at #10
You are probably right though phx. Maybe we don’t see them draft a back until round 5. It isn’t like they can’t roll with Swift and than figure out back another year.
-
Bears Select TE Colston Loveland at #10
Unless they just roll with what they have and than just focus on the offense side this year.
-
Bears Select TE Colston Loveland at #10
I am now wondering do we just see them invest in offense this year. Add a back, oline and a speedy wideout before shifting to defense - maybe a safety. Than tackle d next year?
-
Bears Select TE Colston Loveland at #10
Mykel Or best db if a trade down wasn’t on the table is what I would have done. Don’t like this move - do think Loveland is a good player but just don’t like the move.
-
Draft...
Phx was spot on regarding Banks. The top 9 went awful for the Bears.
-
Team notes
I would be game - get a good year and you have that 5th year option still too.
-
Team notes
I would trade our 1st, a 2nd and a future 2nd to move up and get Carter. He’s a total stud end talent and in my mind you get that player on a rookie deal you do it. For the record I don’t think what I’m offering is quite enough but that is as steep as I would go. I’m not giving up a future 1st.
-
#10 Pick Prediction
I think if one of Jeanty, Graham or they grade an LT as a stud isn’t there - I am moving on down. Ideally as far as 20….pick up a 2nd and 3rd (or get a 4th and a future 3rd if we don’t get a 3rd).
-
#10 Pick Prediction
I still can’t see it happening - at least not with Campbell. Someone is taking him before 10. I also think same for Graham but if people fall in love with a db, a skill position player at wideout and Warren, plus Jeanty - it certainly could happen.
-
Lemon's Mock 1.0
This is an excellent point.
-
#10 Pick Prediction
If he drops - I think it would be because teams are focused on offensive side of the ball or say a team like Panthers maybe prefers DB to DT. I highly doubt he falls - but if he did I would run in and make my pick quickly. The 3 players at this point where I think I would run in and make the pick - Carter (not happening), Graham, and I think I've convinced myself Jeanty (that he is more LT or name your Top 3 RB talent than he is a Top 10 back). I don't feel as strongly on the LT prospects as they all have flaws - but I certainly would support the selection of either of them and understand if they did it. Mason Graham might be a bit undersized, but he's high character, high motor, and looks like he is just a flat out monster inside (and getting that interior pass rush is game wrecking in the NFL these days).
-
#10 Pick Prediction
Mason Graham is my wing and a prayer please fall to the Bears pick.
-
#10 Pick Prediction
I think part of it is - a lot of players haven't separated themselves from the pack. This is both a good and bad thing in this draft. The bad - not a lot have separated as upper echelon talent - meaning high end of the draft is devoid relative to most years. The good - there is a HUGE amount of players that appear to be pretty good prospects with good potential, but warts - and right now there are a LOT of players in that camp - those are players that in most drafts may be picks 20-40 and than you can bifurcate a window for 40-60 but this year you have a ton in the echelon of 15-60 and than 60-100 might still be really deep. Obviously some differentiation between the person at 15 and 60 - but because they are so close the isolated view points of one team and another team may actual be a bit more polarizing which can drive very different outcomes in the actual draft.
-
#10 Pick Prediction
I’d be good with that.
-
Team notes
This is an excellent draft.
-
Team notes
One interesting thing - you haven’t heard a lot in media around Banks. Are teams high on him and just trying to keep it low key? Big program - strong stats - main knock was they didn’t see growth in him this year like was expected. Now the question is - was that due to injury or is there a work ethic issue or something else? Very well could have been he was playing 80 percent (which by the way was still at a pretty high level) and now that he’s healthy he is ready to take those next steps. With that said - I stick to my view - if I’m drafting a linemen at 10, I need to have a view that this is a high end starting LT. If you have that grade on them - draft them in a heart beat. If you have material questions and it’s oh well worse cause he’s a good guard. Guess what - trade back and just draft a good guard and get value. Don’t force your hand. As long as Banks pick is a - we think this guy is a dude at LT than do it.
-
Bears Sign TJ Edwards to 2 year extension
Solid 2 year deal.
-
Team notes
He's just an all around good player, imo.
-
#10 Mock Draft Selection
I think that is a real possibility. I would personally look at moving up depending on if those guys went early and if there value lined up to what you were doing. But if you liked the 3 evenly and had them as say a 25th overall pick and 2 were gone and one was left and you were at picking 31 - presuming they were higher on list, I would move up. Knowing we have Jones and Kiran - I’d also be fine if we couldn’t get fair value in a trade and liked the board and went a different route. I certainly wouldn’t reach. If Bears hadn’t done what they did earlier I may say no they have to reach because it is too important for Caleb but I don’t feel that way now.
-
#10 Mock Draft Selection
I should note - if Joe Alt was in this draft, I would be standing on the table to trade one of our 2nds plus #10 to go up and get him. Would be a no doubter and I’d probably even go heavier than that. But Joe Alt isn’t in this draft. Could there be an all pro LT in the draft - sure, but I wouldn’t bet on it being any of the top guys and could just as easily be the 4th or 5th OT off the board. It is why as much as I am not a fan of taking Jeanty at 10 that I would have zero reservations if Bears took him at 10. I fully believe he is an all pro talent. Now if I had a view another one of the players on board was an all pro type of talent (agnostic of position), at that point I’d look at positional values. Now if I thought Warren and Jeanty were all pros - I actually don’t know which position I would rank higher. Would probably lean Jeanty because they have Kmet.