Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DABEARSDABOMB

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by DABEARSDABOMB

  1. 5 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

    He said they didn’t have a single elite pass rusher but the collective was very good.  Point is that teams appear to be better off spreading the wealth of contracts across multiple good  players versus the $40 mil pro bowler.  

    Chris Jones and Aaron Donald were two elite pass rushers who won super bowls relatively recently.  It just happens to be a few of better pass rushers on this league have had awful qbs / are awful orgs (Browns and Raiders). 

  2. 4 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

    They can request and receive the MRI scans and other tests and details about the surgery.  Maybe there are signs of degenerative knee conditions.  

    I guess Rich Eisen reported Bears were runner up to Ravens and had also offered two firsts. If that is true I got to imagine Poles is already on the phone. Maybe no longer two firsts but a first and a conditional pick or something. 
     

    Obviously do deep intel on meds before publicly either team announces. 

  3. 42 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

    Baltimore is always looked at as a well run team and think his health has to come into play to look this dumb in front of NFL teams. I guess you don't sign papers until today so nothing is guaranteed yet.

    Yes no one is going to pass a physical coming out of surgery but it's a red flag when it's his 8th knee surgery.

    Now if it comes down to one first and whatever then maybe Poles will be interested. We just don't know the medical, with a big contract, you don't want to take that big of a risk. That may be a trade that's made right before the draft so they know his health will be good going forward.

    Parsons was coming off of back problems when he got traded which never go away. ( personal experience) And he ended up getting injured during the year. I think GB may end up regretting that trade.

    If GB wanted to trade Parsons, they would easily get 2 FRP back today - even with him rehabbing. And Parsons ACL had nothing to do with his back being stiff. 

  4. 41 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

    Baltimore is always looked at as a well run team and think his health has to come into play to look this dumb in front of NFL teams. I guess you don't sign papers until today so nothing is guaranteed yet.

    Yes no one is going to pass a physical coming out of surgery but it's a red flag when it's his 8th knee surgery.

    Now if it comes down to one first and whatever then maybe Poles will be interested. We just don't know the medical, with a big contract, you don't want to take that big of a risk. That may be a trade that's made right before the draft so they know his health will be good going forward.

    Parsons was coming off of back problems when he got traded which never go away. ( personal experience) And he ended up getting injured during the year. I think GB may end up regretting that trade.

    Opposite.  This is not the first time Baltimore has been suspect on medicals. 

  5. 51 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

    Schefter says they didnt even do a physical. They just got cold feet.

    The guy just had surgery, if any team wanted to fail him, they could. Everyone knows he isnt ready to line up today. The Ravens knew that when they made the deal, too.

    It's a very bad situation for the Raiders. No way Crosby will play again for them now, and with the big splash free agents signed, one assumes his price just got lower.

    We also heard the Bears were in for 2x first round picks, but Baltimore's were better. *IF* that is true, then we are obviously still calling, albeit at a lower price.

    Very interesting.

    The Dolphins reneged on a trade for Drew Brees after his rotator cuff surgery in a similar way - the player had just had surgery, so no one could expect a ready-to-go medical clearance. They just use that excuse to back out. Brees went on to have a career that made them wish they hadn't.

    Baltimore is looking very bad here, and maybe a glimmer of hope that we might get Crosby cheaper? Our 2026 first round pick, and a player. Maybe Stephenson. Raiders have to know he'll never play again for them, so they have to find something...

    Where did you hear Bears had offered 2 firsts? I hadn’t heard that anywhere. 

  6. Yep - perfectly good with this move.  Same with CJGJ - no desire to bring him back either. Both were very flawed players, but I do appreciate the big plays Wright made.  Also - just seeing the deal he got, shows you the league saw the same thing on tape.  I do wish Wright all the best though.  

  7. 2 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

    I would not be happy if that is WR 3.  He's a huge step down as a wideout.  Production pretty low past 2 seasons.  He's a solid 4/5.  I think it comes down to, do they believe in Jahdae Walker as the #3 or we see them use a pick or make another vet signing here as the money starts to dry up and some solid vets are still sitting without preferred destinations.   

    I'll put it this way - they lost Moore, Oz, and Duvernay - and only added Raymond. Jahdae Walker fills one of those spots - but there is still a major role to fill.  

  8. 3 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

    Good returner, but very dangerous as a slot WR. Speedy, good hands... I think he is probably WR3

    I would not be happy if that is WR 3.  He's a huge step down as a wideout.  Production pretty low past 2 seasons.  He's a solid 4/5.  I think it comes down to, do they believe in Jahdae Walker as the #3 or we see them use a pick or make another vet signing here as the money starts to dry up and some solid vets are still sitting without preferred destinations.   

  9. We say he likes speed - for the record Edmunds is quite fast and similar age. This is a solid move but It is far more of a lateral move. Reality is right now they have kind of treaded water at LB corps, but slightly more cost effective, while doing the same at safety - but certainly got younger and quicker at safety position.  I'd argue DT is a bit better too as the new guy has a bit more burst.  

    Offense is worse overall - our new center is not as good as Dalman, and no Moore replacement (not that it was expected - we need to see our existing talent step up) and they are replacing his funds / pick to go to defense.  

    It comes down to - can we execute in the draft - I think they can and certainly hope they can. I'm glad they are where they are - I don't think they made any bozo moves and overall given what room they had I think they've done a solid job. They do need to address the secondary though - even with Gordon/JJ/Smith coming back, I think it would be nice to add a bit more there (or bring back Brisker on a 1yr deal). 

    Defensive line I expect to be addressed via the draft.   

  10. Don't know much about him - but they needed to address special teams. BJ is familiar with him and he seems like a solid return guy / 5th wideout.  Had some pretty good years early in BJ's tenure with Lions but his pass catching production is down quite a bit past 2 seasons (special teams production still pretty darn good).  

  11. Totally good with this. I think I saw it is 5M with another 5M in incentives based upon starts. Good move and Jones should have a ton of motivation to parlay a healthy offseason into a big season into a big pay day (and eventually a comp pick for the bears :))

  12. Some names we haven’t talked about, but that are younger:

    Jaelyn Phillips - 26 - First healthy year in a bit but with a regular offseason could see this guy ascending. Former first rounder who crushed it before being slowed by injuries. Still has some prime years left. 
     

    Kenneth Walker / Etienne - If poles wants to go younger either of these guys fit the bill. Given Month deal, you should be able to move Swifty. Etienne isn’t much younger. 
     

    Bryan Cook / Koby Bryant - Top safetys on market entering is his prime. 
     

    Joseph Ossai - sack numbers not there but ascending. Quite a few pressures. 

  13. 1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

    So I guess now we're looking at Hendrickson or something similar (maybe a DT?). And we have picks to stock the defense.

    We will of course sign a bunch of cheaper free agents too to "fill holes" before the draft, but some won't end up starters by mid season.
     

    I wonder is they surprise us and sign a DB and than go dline in draft. I’m totally on board giving Hendrickson big money for 2 years presuming he gets a clean bill of health. Dude gets to the qb. 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.