WTF moment

AZ54

Hasn't been a problem for me, nut I've been meaning to make a new one anyway. I'll throw somethin together tomorrow and switch it up.

I think it's just a matter of screen resolution. When I view things at work, there are no issues because I'm using a huge monitor. On my laptop at home, however, it's always stretched...like JA when drafting.

I think a young drafted QB is a must because 1. Cutler gets dinged a lot regardless of how well the line plays and has a concussion history and 2 every regime since I have been watching the Bears have drafted and tried to develop a QB. 25 have been drafted by this team since '66. 7 in the first 2 rounds.11 while we had a starter in place. 8 since the draft went to 7 rds in 92. 7 of that 25 that were drafted after the first 2 rds actually started a game or 2 for the Bears. I posted this to say that Emery is blowing smoke. If there is a qb in the mid rds that is great value at that pick he will take him. It would be silly to rule out a position in the draft just for trading possibilities. The Redskins drafted RGIII and Kirk Cousins in the same draft 3 rds apart. At the time it seemed a little silly but once RGIII got hurt that wasn't a bad idea. More than likely if you draft a guy that fits your system he is going to wind up playing some snaps for you.

All I'm saying is this is only the 3rd offensive minded coach the Bears have had since I have been following them in my 47 years and just believe that Trestman would love the chance to teach a guy he hand picked his system.

I think a young drafted QB is a must because 1. Cutler gets dinged a lot regardless of how well the line plays and has a concussion history and 2 every regime since I have been watching the Bears have drafted and tried to develop a QB. 25 have been drafted by this team since '66. 7 in the first 2 rounds.11 while we had a starter in place. 8 since the draft went to 7 rds in 92. 7 of that 25 that were drafted after the first 2 rds actually started a game or 2 for the Bears. I posted this to say that Emery is blowing smoke. If there is a qb in the mid rds that is great value at that pick he will take him. It would be silly to rule out a position in the draft just for trading possibilities. The Redskins drafted RGIII and Kirk Cousins in the same draft 3 rds apart. At the time it seemed a little silly but once RGIII got hurt that wasn't a bad idea. More than likely if you draft a guy that fits your system he is going to wind up playing some snaps for you.

All I'm saying is this is only the 3rd offensive minded coach the Bears have had since I have been following them in my 47 years and just believe that Trestman would love the chance to teach a guy he hand picked his system.

It's also quite possible that Trestman prefers to work with the older veteran, McCown/Palmer type guys. Last year we thought we needed a QB but they stuck with NcCown, this year it looks like we may be looking at the same scenario with Palmer.

It's also quite possible that Trestman prefers to work with the older veteran, McCown/Palmer type guys. Last year we thought we needed a QB but they stuck with NcCown, this year it looks like we may be looking at the same scenario with Palmer.

This is the first time he has been a HC. Before he had no say so. Do you really believe that? An offensive minded HC doesn't want a QB to groom?

This is the first time he has been a HC. Before he had no say so. Do you really believe that? An offensive minded HC doesn't want a QB to groom?

I'm only basing that off last year where they stuck with McCown instead of grabbing someone to groom.

I won't deny what Emery said about Palmer/Johnson could very well could be smoke, but I just wouldn't doubt it's the truth as well.

If Trestman is ok with Palmer/Johnson then so am I. He's a "QB guru", maybe he just sees something he can fix with these vets to make them successful.

Another way I see the QB situation is, depending on how they draft this year there won't be as many "holes" next year. So they very well could end up drafting a QB higher next year.

Emery's logic makes sense. Jordan Palmer, 2007's 6th Rd pick, versus 2014's 5th - 6th Rd pick; which one is more prepared to play? The one variable in this is when a guy falls due to injury and is there in the 4th/5th Rd. If he had a 2nd Rd grade before the injury red flags then he might be worth the pick. I still think we're drafting someone late with intentions of putting them on the practice squad.

Emery's logic makes sense. Jordan Palmer, 2007's 6th Rd pick, versus 2014's 5th - 6th Rd pick; which one is more prepared to play? The one variable in this is when a guy falls due to injury and is there in the 4th/5th Rd. If he had a 2nd Rd grade before the injury red flags then he might be worth the pick. I still think we're drafting someone late with intentions of putting them on the practice squad.

Possible, but they did resign Johnson to the practice squad so who knows.

Not a fan of drafting a QB and then trying to put him on the practice squad.That backfired on the Bears with LeFevour a few years ago.I feel if you take the time to scout and like a QB well enough to use a draft pick then you should find a roster spot for them.

I had to dig this up because I'm not right that often!

Ego Ferguson was the WTF moment of this draft for me. Most others at least somewhat made sense when they were picked and we often got value. EF has potential but taking him in the second round was ludicrous.

If you look at the whole draft 2 DTs, 1 CB, 1S,1 RB, 1QB, and 1P and a pick to go. This is decent IMO.

If you look at the whole draft 2 DTs, 1 CB, 1S,1 RB, 1QB, and 1P and a pick to go. This is decent IMO.

We filled the major holes.

Every year a I fill a sheet out with players at their positions, year contract expires, and thoughts of depth becoming a starter. Over the past 3 years Emery had his hands full, and has filled dire needs. Soon enough, they will have the freedom to draft to upgrade.

His logic makes sense, but then somebody decided Fales has something to work with,. maybe Trestman asked nice.

Guest TerraTor
Ego Ferguson was the WTF moment of this draft for me. Most others at least somewhat made sense when they were picked and we often got value. EF has potential but taking him in the second round was ludicrous.

Agreed. That was awful

His logic makes sense, but then somebody decided Fales has something to work with,. maybe Trestman asked nice.

Fales at this point has to earn a roster spot. I can go either way, but personally leaned towards drafting a backup QB late as a need.

No real WTF moment for me this year. Somewhat by the Ego Ferguson pick. We reached a bit there but the need and his upside at least fit and grabbing Sutton with the next pick was a great 3 tech - 2 tech combo. I was most shocked by the punter we drafted in the 6th Rd. We needed on but at that point I'd think we'd be looking to add more depth to any of a number positions. I realize the punter has a pretty good leg but next to that he's a good tackler (6'5" 220lbs, 4.5 forty) and in terms of having one more tackler on the coverage teams that is a nice bonus. He's going to prevent some punt returns from becoming TDs during his career.

Your right, if we took Sutton in the second and Ego in the third, I dont think anybody would have complained.

Before the draft most on the forum felt the so called "experts" from ESPN, NFL.com, etc... who were projecting the draft were all clueless and or full of "it". Then we get into the draft and many get upset because we draft a player in the 2nd that many of the so called "experts" claimed should have been a 3rd round pick. So have we changed our minds about these "experts" or do we still feel they are clueless?

Before the draft most on the forum felt the so called "experts" from ESPN, NFL.com, etc... who were projecting the draft were all clueless and or full of "it". Then we get into the draft and many get upset because we draft a player in the 2nd that many of the so called "experts" claimed should have been a 3rd round pick. So have we changed our minds about these "experts" or do we still feel they are clueless?

I have a tendency to like opinions of scouts or former scouts. Our Lads-Draft countdown-GBND-and I like Matt Miller. So I put a little more trust in their opinions. AND there not right most of the time.

Ha. I think many here like the "experts" who support their opinions. :)

Ha. I think many here like the "experts" who support their opinions. :)

That's probably true, we all like to have some validation for our point of view. For once in my lifetime I actually hit on two of the Bears picks in the right round…Sutton 3rd, Carey 4th. Now if they suck everyone here is going to validate that I don't know anything. :pray