"I will be mad if the Bears take/don't take . . . "

dawhizz

Any pick, any round, what would make you mad, either if the Bears picked them or passed on them (assuming they are available)?

At this point, if Donald, Pryor, or Clinton-Dix are there at #14 and the Bears don't take one of them I will be mad. I would reserve the right to be retroactively OK with it depending on the pick (Dennard, Gilbert, or Mosely) how the rest of the draft shakes out, but in the moment, I would not be happy.

I'll be mad at the Bears if they take a LB in the first round, or if they take a TE at all.

I'll be mad, not necessarily at the team, if the Bears don't address FS and DT in the first three picks. If they go FS in the 1st and no DT value is there in the 2nd, I'll understand, but I'll be mad.

Any pick, any round, what would make you mad, either if the Bears picked them or passed on them (assuming they are available)?

At this point, if Donald, Pryor, or Clinton-Dix are there at #14 and the Bears don't take one of them I will be mad. I would reserve the right to be retroactively OK with it depending on the pick (Dennard, Gilbert, or Mosely) how the rest of the draft shakes out, but in the moment, I would not be happy.

The bold is exactly what I came here to say.

The bold is exactly what I came here to say.

I agree with that too, for the most part. One caveat, however, is if the Bears absolutely feel Jernigan, Hageman, or some other DT is every bit as good, or better than Donald, then throw that into the mix as well.

FS - HHCD, Pryor

DT - Donald, Jernigan, Hageman

I will only be mad if we take anything but D in either the first 2 rounds...

Sure, a circumstance exists that would temper that. But reasonably speaking, that would piss me off.

Any of the first 3 picks used on guys that won't see the field on game 1 would piss me off. I also agree with everyone else that any of the top 6 defenders are there don't pass on them.

I will be mad if we dont take the BPA at a defensive need. Pryor,HaHa,Donald,Gilbert,Mosely are all valve picks at 14 and wont have any problem with any of them. Hageman, Truitt are rated as more of later in the first round picks. If we trade back and grab one of them or a Kyle Fuller, Im good with all that.

I'll only be mad if we go offense in Rd 1. My preference for drafting is Donald, Pryor, HHCD in that order. Beyond that, I prefer to trade back a bit and grab value. The Dline talent fits better late 1st. I'm afraid Emery will provide my WTF moment by drafting Mosley in Rd 1. I'm not a big fan of having a 235lb MLB but the kid is a good player and he's done it behind both a 4-man front and a 3-man front. I think that versatility is what draws Emery in.

I just don't want Phil to take another project in the 1st round. His first project, McClellin, failed at the position he was originally drafted to play. Still remains to be seen if he can make it as a LB'er. Kyle Long had barely played any games in college before being drafted by the Bears. That pick seems to have worked out, but was still a risky pick nonetheless.

I don't want him to draft a corner in the 1st and try to convert him to safety, don't draft a 3-4 OLB and make him play DE, and don't get too cute with the pick either. Don't reach for a guy who has no business being selected with the 14th pick.

I'd prefer a safety like Clinton-Dix or Pryor first and foremost because the depth at the position in this draft is not very good, and the team currently has no guaranteed starters at either one of the positions. I would also be okay with a guy like Gilbert who has shut down corner potential, and also can step in right away as the primary kick returner. If we don't pick him, I hope they can get somebody like DeAnthony Thomas to fill the role of kick returner.

My prediction is they'll take Fuller. I've read that he has safety potential but drafting him to play that position right away before he has the body type for it is asking for trouble IMO. You need a guy who can come in right away and make an impact without having to go through a position change right from the get go.

I'll be mad if there's 4 or 5 guys we like fairly evenly when our pick comes up and we don't drop back 3 or 4 picks and pick up a 4th or 5th rounder for doing so.

Who is "we"? Are you saying you will be mad if conventional wisdom says 4-5 guys are similar value, and we pick one? Because it seems to me that happens quite often, and if a team picks a guy its because either they like that guy more or they can't find a partner to trade down with. If by "we" you mean "the Bears", you're probably never going to hear from them "we liked six guys here, so we just picked one", they'll always say "This was the guy we targeted at the position."

Who is "we"? Are you saying you will be mad if conventional wisdom says 4-5 guys are similar value, and we pick one? Because it seems to me that happens quite often, and if a team picks a guy its because either they like that guy more or they can't find a partner to trade down with. If by "we" you mean "the Bears", you're probably never going to hear from them "we liked six guys here, so we just picked one", they'll always say "This was the guy we targeted at the position."

I guess I mean conventional wisdom to use your term. If we pick a player at a position and it feels like it's a big reach (player would've been available later) or if there are several guys at the same position who are equal value to a number of others, I always feel like we should get something if we can. There was some talk about this on Long and Shea was clearly a reach. Long likely would've been gone but who knows? In any case, just because the Bears don't agree with my assessment of the situation doesn't mean I won't initially be "mad" about my perception that they didn't maximize their draft slot.

I just don't want Phil to take another project in the 1st round. His first project, McClellin, failed at the position he was originally drafted to play. Still remains to be seen if he can make it as a LB'er. Kyle Long had barely played any games in college before being drafted by the Bears. That pick seems to have worked out, but was still a risky pick nonetheless.

I don't want him to draft a corner in the 1st and try to convert him to safety, don't draft a 3-4 OLB and make him play DE, and don't get too cute with the pick either. Don't reach for a guy who has no business being selected with the 14th pick.

I'd prefer a safety like Clinton-Dix or Pryor first and foremost because the depth at the position in this draft is not very good, and the team currently has no guaranteed starters at either one of the positions. I would also be okay with a guy like Gilbert who has shut down corner potential, and also can step in right away as the primary kick returner. If we don't pick him, I hope they can get somebody like DeAnthony Thomas to fill the role of kick returner.

My prediction is they'll take Fuller. I've read that he has safety potential but drafting him to play that position right away before he has the body type for it is asking for trouble IMO. You need a guy who can come in right away and make an impact without having to go through a position change right from the get go.

Jimmy Ward is listed at 5-11 193 as a SS,Fuller 6-0 190. Body type?

Jimmy Ward is listed at 5-11 193 as a SS,Fuller 6-0 190. Body type?

Both guys need to get bigger and stronger, but the difference between Ward and Fuller is that Fuller would have to make that adjustment to play another position, which to me, is risking a lot with your 1st pick, especially given the failure that was Shea McClellin.

This. I have this feeling Pryor or HaHa will still be on the board and the Bears will take Fuller with the intention of converting him to safety, and it makes me want to vomit. I got nervous when I heard that Emery studied all the CBs as potential safeties.

Both guys need to get bigger and stronger, but the difference between Ward and Fuller is that Fuller would have to make that adjustment to play another position, which to me, is risking a lot with your 1st pick, especially given the failure that was Shea McClellin.

You do realize Emery doesn't make the conventional first round pick! In that same draft he got Alshon so in his first 2 picks he got a pro bowler and in the second draft he got a pro bowler out of his first 2 picks. He raised eyebrows with Shea and Long and got snaps out of both his first and second rounders. I'm not Emery's PR man but thats better than the last GM.

This. I have this feeling Pryor or HaHa will still be on the board and the Bears will take Fuller with the intention of converting him to safety, and it makes me want to vomit. I got nervous when I heard that Emery studied all the CBs as potential safeties.

I wish I wasn't right all the time.

Fuller played all DB positions and LB in college. He filled in even though he was a starter. I think he can handle it no problem. Tucker appears like a SS and FS in traditional sense. If so he is off to FS, Ballhawk city in Chicago.

EMery has already said that him and Tillman are Cbs. so we will see.