Bears sign Jimmy Clausen..

Guest TerraTor

I guess they aren't as satisfied with Cutler as the koolaid drinkers think!!!!

:rolleyes:

What it says, is something is possibly wrong with Jordan Palmer. Fales and Johnson took the 2nd team snaps at OTA's. Also, Palmer only has like 12 completions were Claussen has 157, so NFL game experience is also a factor.

No.

All it's saying is we have a tiny investment in throwing another dart at the board...

What it says, is something is possibly wrong with Jordan Palmer. Fales and Johnson took the 2nd team snaps at OTA's. Also, Palmer only has like 12 completions were Claussen has 157, so NFL game experience is also a factor.

I think possibly, since MT helped Clausen prepare for the combine when he first entered the league, he remembered some attributes which leads him to believe he is a "possible" backup for Cutler, so why not take a flyer on him and see how he responds in preseason?

I like the fact that we are still looking for every opportunity to add depth to our roster. It also appears that there is excellent communication flowing between Emery and the HC & coaching staff.

Emery is doing a great job, IMO.

I think possibly, since MT helped Clausen prepare for the combine when he first entered the league, he remembered some attributes which leads him to believe he is a "possible" backup for Cutler, so why not take a flyer on him and see how he responds in preseason?

I like the fact that we are still looking for every opportunity to add depth to our roster. It also appears that there is excellent communication flowing between Emery and the HC & coaching staff.

Ditto PIX, how in the hell are you ? It's good to see one of the founding fathers is still posting.

Good to hear from the master....hope you are well.

I am coming to your parts soon, within the year. I will look you up.

Ditto PIX, how in the hell are you ? It's good to see one of the founding fathers is still posting.

Doing good, been busy with some doctors appointments & physical therapy I was putting off until I got under medicare. Nothing major.

I usually hide out a lot during the period between the draft and training camp, posters always seem to get bored and get on each others nerves during that period resulting in a lot of trash talk, something I was never fond of.

Now that training camp is getting closer I will try to get back into the groove.

Great to see you posting also. I miss some of the original group that have disappeared.

Always good to see you in the mix!

You are very correct about the dead time...when there's nothing, folks make mountains out of mole-hills...

:dabears

Doing good, been busy with some doctors appointments & physical therapy I was putting off until I got under medicare. Nothing major.

I usually hide out a lot during the period between the draft and training camp, posters always seem to get bored and get on each others nerves during that period resulting in a lot of trash talk, something I was never fond of.

Now that training camp is getting closer I will try to get back into the groove.

Great to see you posting also. I miss some of the original group that have disappeared.

After letting this simmer for a couple days…why not add one more guy to the mix, especially one who has experience? I'm not a big fan of Fales even if he ends up as our 3rd guy which at the moment appears to be his ceiling. Palmer, Clausen…let 'em go at it.

After letting this simmer for a couple days…why not add one more guy to the mix, especially one who has experience? I'm not a big fan of Fales even if he ends up as our 3rd guy which at the moment appears to be his ceiling. Palmer, Clausen…let 'em go at it.

I don't see what Palmer has done to prove himself. Claussen has a nice pedigree and really never had much of a chance in Carolina. I personally like the move and think there is potential for some nice upside (could be groomed into a pretty good back up).

Not an ND fan but from what I remember dude was being praised as the golden boy coming out of High School.....If anyone can get that talent back out of him it's Marc Trestman.

Low risk, high reward.

Huge ND fan here, followed Jimmy from the time Charlie Weis started recruiting. Watched almost every game of his while at ND. He was a stud in college. Clearly he was drafted in to situations that was not good for him with the Panthers. Does he have talent, yes. Throws a nice ball. He has competed in some high pressure games while at ND. This signing is a great move, Tres has worked with him so he knows what he is getting with him.

If Tres thinks he could help the team then I excited they signed him. If it doesn't work out they cut him and no harm done.

No. All it's saying is we have a tiny investment in throwing another dart at the board...

Looks like I threw a dart and hit a bullseye.

Palmer has a strained pectoral

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,5863426.story

Signs of Johnson and Fales taking all the 2nd team snaps led me to think something was not right with Palmer.

Good thing we have more options. Methinks we may not be done looking at back-ups if Palmer sees a lot of bench.

Seems to me, Palmer's poised to be more of a coach than a player at this point...

Looks like I threw a dart and hit a bullseye.

Palmer has a strained pectoral

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,5863426.story

Signs of Johnson and Fales taking all the 2nd team snaps led me to think something was not right with Palmer.