Contract question...

Mongo3451

I think this is the Joey Galloway clause...

My understanding is that if the player holds out for the duration of the season,nothing counts. However, if he reports within some earmarked amount fo time (which I cannot remember), then it counts as fulfilling his requirement for the entire season. Although I think he isn't owed the full salary.

I'm sure others here know more details than I.

I should know more as I used to work in the same company as Galloway's agent a number of years ago. I had it all then, but 10 years have passed!

If a player decides to hold out a entire season, what is his status the following season? Does he still owe the team work for the previous year? Does it matter how many years of service? Also does it matter if it's the final year of a contract? Gurus needed!:

I'm baaaaaack. Ok no one run away now lol. Mad is right. If guy literally misses the entire season for holding the player doesn't get anything and contract is still as it was. No service time accrued or anything. Not positive if the $$ is less. I believe must show before wk 10 in order for them to avoid having to go another yr. I believe this also happened a couple yrs ago but player showed up just in time

I'm baaaaaack. Ok no one run away now lol. Mad is right. If guy literally misses the entire season for holding the player doesn't get anything and contract is still as it was. No service time accrued or anything. Not positive if the $$ is less. I believe must show before wk 10 in order for them to avoid having to go another yr. I believe this also happened a couple yrs ago but player showed up just in time

Thanks bro. Good to see you back. I got money on what you said, now I need it concrete...:-)

Thanks bro. Good to see you back. I got money on what you said, now I need it concrete...:-)

I'm positive on the 1st part. Just guessing it's wk 10 though.

Good to be back. It means football is finally here and I can start fighting with someone on here like I do every year lol

I'm positive on the 1st part. Just guessing it's wk 10 though.

Good to be back. It means football is finally here and I can start fighting with someone on here like I do every year lol

I'm glad you're back too.

I wonder if the new CBA changed this. I agree with you 100% that that's the way it used to be. But the owners got a lot in the last deal so I'm not sure if it's still the same Week 10 situation.

[EDIT]

Just found this recent story about holdouts. Not sure if this is 100% accurate but it says...

"A year of service toward free agency isn't earned without a player reporting to his team at least 30 days prior to NFL's first regular season game (Aug. 5 reporting date this year)."

I was wondering why you were asking since the only significant player of note holding out is Lynch...which is Seattle's problem, not ours.

Also will chime in with 'welcome back'. As far as fighting with someone, we have one less strong voice in Jason since Cracker chased him off but there is always Terra. He still spouts off from time to time. Or me, I seem to be getting surlier in my older age. Even MadLith irritates me more than he used to. :cheers :cheers

I was wondering why you were asking since the only significant player of note holding out is Lynch...which is Seattle's problem, not ours.

Also will chime in with 'welcome back'. As far as fighting with someone, we have one less strong voice in Jason since Cracker chased him off but there is always Terra. He still spouts off from time to time. Or me, I seem to be getting surlier in my older age. Even MadLith irritates me more than he used to. :cheers :cheers

I didn't realize Jason left. I am sorry to hear that. I didn't agree with him all the time but I enjoyed the banter.

Peace :dabears

Agreed...glad to have bowlingtwig back in business!

I didn't know jason took his toys and went home. I thought he was just taking the off-season off to check back in later. That is too bad. Hopefully, some new blood will come in an irritate CrackerDog just as much...

I try...

:cheers

Agreed...glad to have bowlingtwig back in business!

I didn't know jason took his toys and went home. I thought he was just taking the off-season off to check back in later. That is too bad. Hopefully, some new blood will come in an irritate CrackerDog just as much...

I try...

:cheers

He may be on hiatus but last I heard he seemed pretty roiled up. I agree with Connor, I'll miss the back and forth of he and Cracker. Pretty funny stuff actually. The "special" relationship Stinger and I have is JV compared to those two.

He may be on hiatus but last I heard he seemed pretty roiled up. I agree with Connor, I'll miss the back and forth of he and Cracker. Pretty funny stuff actually. The "special" relationship Stinger and I have is JV compared to those two.

Ya we never measured up to those twos high standards. I actually like all the chaotic banter once in awhile, makes life interesting.

Back to the topic boys. I need link to a credible source to win my bet and I can't find one.

Ok I found something that should suffice

http://www.profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2...ht-to-hold-out/

Look at 4th paragraph towards the end of it. It talks about delaying free agency by a yr. Sorry I can't hyperlink it. If 1 of the mods could that would be great

Ha! I can feel the love.

As to Jason... She'll be back.

PS. I think the record is clear that I didn't chase him off. We had colorful disagreements but it was always just us breaking balls. It was a silly thread during silly season that pushed him over the edge.

PS. I think the record is clear that I didn't chase him off. We had colorful disagreements but it was always just us breaking balls. It was a silly thread during silly season that pushed him over the edge.

Oh yeah...I stand corrected. You're right. I was so used to your guys' 'lovefest' that I assumed it was you that drove him away. You know what they say about assuming....

Oh yeah...I stand corrected. You're right. I was so used to your guys' 'lovefest' that I assumed it was you that drove him away. You know what they say about assuming....

No biggie. I can't worry about people who don't want to participate in this forum for whatever reason. If you're here you're part of family and if you deserve a noogie because you're acting like a punk ass little brother, you'll get that. But always with love. :lol:

Nobody here should take anything anyone else here says personally. It's an easy trap to fall into. Frankly, even this post breaks my golden rule of avoiding meta but I thought it was worth closing the book on this chapter.

As to the original question in this thread, I posted a link to a CBS story that says players now have to show up by early August or they don't get credit for the year of service. I knew the new CBA was tougher on player holdouts than the previous ones but that's a lot tougher than I thought it was. In any case, I think you win your bet.

How'd you push him over the edge? I just assumed that since our offensive line was good for the first time since the '80's, he had nothing to post about. (I'm excluding 2006 which was a damn good year for the 0-line.) Not only is our o-line looking good, but it should get even better.

On that note, how weird is it that we have every offensive position locked in, not only for this year but hopefully also next year. The only starter not signed for next year is Roberto Garza, and it's not like we'll need to use the franchise tag on him if we decide to bring him back. That makes depth at our offensive positions far less meaningful.

How'd you push him over the edge?

I didn't.

On that note, how weird is it that we have every offensive position locked in, not only for this year but hopefully also next year. The only starter not signed for next year is Roberto Garza, and it's not like we'll need to use the franchise tag on him if we decide to bring him back. That makes depth at our offensive positions far less meaningful.

Feels good. Now if we can just get the D a little mojo we may have something here.