Enough is enough

DABEARSDABOMB

We seem to have some problems in camp. Morning practice was cut short 25 minutes because Bennett decided to body slam Fuller. There have been a lot more fights reported in this years camp then I can pretty much ever remember and while I'm all for a little chippiness, this is just sloppy and undisciplined and needs to stop. It needed to stop 3 fights ago and most definitely need to stop now.

Reports are that Fuller just tried to strip the ball and Bennett went crazy on him. These incidents are increasing in severity too, which is bad, because the culture is that it is okay because others have done it and it is a slippery slope. Next thing you know, we turn into the flipping Lions. Tresty certainly isn't condoning it but the leaders of this lockeroom and coaching staff need to end this stuff NOW!

I'm not worried yet.

But, yes the coaches need to take control over this.

Was Bennett involved in the other earlier fight too? Maybe he needs a time out...

We seem to have some problems in camp. Morning practice was cut short 25 minutes because Bennett decided to body slam Fuller. There have been a lot more fights reported in this years camp then I can pretty much ever remember and while I'm all for a little chippiness, this is just sloppy and undisciplined and needs to stop. It needed to stop 3 fights ago and most definitely need to stop now.

Reports are that Fuller just tried to strip the ball and Bennett went crazy on him. These incidents are increasing in severity too, which is bad, because the culture is that it is okay because others have done it and it is a slippery slope. Next thing you know, we turn into the flipping Lions. Tresty certainly isn't condoning it but the leaders of this lockeroom and coaching staff need to end this stuff NOW!

Meh. I'm not concerned.

If he haven't seen it:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2152113...ign=programming

To me it looks like Bennett thought the play was over and Fuller sort of hooked him down with the shoulder pad, then Bennett retaliated with a body slam to the neck. I am glad Fuller is not hurt. However, it was not like a crazy never-ending fight and Fuller didn't fight back.

I believe when you end practice for the entire team because of what Martellus did that's a pretty strong message to the entire team. Overall I'm not concerned and to be honest I'm very glad our defense has been playing angry all through the camp…we need that attitude to return.

If he haven't seen it:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2152113...ign=programming

To me it looks like Bennett thought the play was over and Fuller sort of hooked him down with the shoulder pad, then Bennett retaliated with a body slam to the neck. I am glad Fuller is not hurt. However, it was not like a crazy never-ending fight and Fuller didn't fight back.

Whatever the case, gotta give Fuller credit for playing through. Didn't hear the whistle (unless it was pre-determined to stop after the catch) so at least he's following through. To me it looks like Bennett was first surprised then embarrassed that he got taken down. It is what it is.

Seeing Jay come over afterwards to Fuller as if to say 'don't worry about it, good job' is a good sign.

It means nothing, the fact the defense is showing some attitude is a good thing, after last years performance. It doesnt mean everything is out of control.

I believe when you end practice for the entire team because of what Martellus did that's a pretty strong message to the entire team. Overall I'm not concerned and to be honest I'm very glad our defense has been playing angry all through the camp…we need that attitude to return.

I agree that a message was sent by Trestman. I think it is unfortunate, that in this era with limited practices, we had to lose out on 30 minutes of practice time. I also think undisciplined practice turns into undisciplined play and can lead to penalties.

Agreed. Bennett needed to be suspended for being an idiot. Getting tired of all these fights. I'd start threatening players missing a game during the regular season if it keeps up, because there is no place for it. A skirmish is one thing, players get heated, but body slamming a teammate should never be tolerated.

This was one of the reasons I didn't want Bennett when we signed him. Fortunately, he's turned out to be a pretty good football player, but if this kind of stuff keeps up, he wont be a Bear for long. Good to see Trestman and Emery not taking this lightly.

Agreed...

Agreed. Bennett needed to be suspended for being an idiot. Getting tired of all these fights. I'd start threatening players missing a game during the regular season if it keeps up, because there is no place for it. A skirmish is one thing, players get heated, but body slamming a teammate should never be tolerated.

This was one of the reasons I didn't want Bennett when we signed him. Fortunately, he's turned out to be a pretty good football player, but if this kind of stuff keeps up, he wont be a Bear for long. Good to see Trestman and Emery not taking this lightly.

Couldn't agree more. He was never overwhelming before he came to Chicago. Had one good year out of ?? But, you're right he's played decent (at least year) since coming over. Unfortunately his history seems to be catching up to him. Maybe why both NYG and DAL were willing to pass him off?

The incident that might have spurred the suspension was he and Marshall getting into a heated discussion after the incident shortly afterward. Bennett then during interviews pretty much bragged that he could afford a fine after being asked if he could expect a fine. Fuller was very impressive by not retaliating and afterward said that it was all forgotten and it was part of the process. The sound bites from Bennett are great for the media but his maturity is now still in question.

I think we're all hoping that this is a wake up call for the Black Unicorn...

We need him to be "all in" both mentally and physically...

The incident that might have spurred the suspension was he and Marshall getting into a heated discussion after the incident shortly afterward. Bennett then during interviews pretty much bragged that he could afford a fine after being asked if he could expect a fine. Fuller was very impressive by not retaliating and afterward said that it was all forgotten and it was part of the process. The sound bites from Bennett are great for the media but his maturity is now still in question.