Cutler vs McCown week to week thread

scs787

Amen brother. But it is kind of cute how the McCown lovers hold him so tightly. A big ol' man-hug for last year's greatest QB of all time. For 4 games. Then again, he is playing for Lovie this year so you've got to take that into consideration.

Speaking of man love. If neither of you two don't like it, don't read it. This was put in more as an entertainment piece. Don't worry, you guys and I all realize Cutler can't keep this up. If he does it'll be shocking.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of man love. If neither of you two don't like it, don't read it. This was put in more as an entertainment piece. Don't worry, you guys and I all realize Cutler can't keep this up. If he does it'll be shocking.

Cutler cant keep it up??????

I have been a Cutler defender for all these years. Then last year Cutler numbers improved but got hurt. This will be the year that makes or breaks it for me. Im hoping he keeps it up. Weapons, Oline and same system for 2 years in a row.

Injuries have happened on the Oline and WR but as long as they don't get out of hand Cutler SHOULD put up great numbers!

Don't worry, you guys and I all realize Cutler can't keep this up. If he does it'll be shocking.

Disappointed in you. The quote above almost sounds like you're rooting against him. I know you're not but it always gets me how some folks would rather be right than see the team do well. You're not one of those guys in my mind but you need to rethink comments like the above.

Disappointed in you. The quote above almost sounds like you're rooting against him. I know you're not but it always gets me how some folks would rather be right than see the team do well. You're not one of those guys in my mind but you need to rethink comments like the above.

Don't kid yourself. Cutler is a loose cannon. He very easily could have been intercepted a few times last night. In fact the closest he got was when he was drilled in the chest. As most here have pointed out for some reason he seemed more focused after that hit. Although the first pass TD to BM was more BM than Cutler. At any rate, I don't wish for him to do bad or not play well. I've just been down this road with him before. Before you build up your trust be wary. He isn't called Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde for nothing.

Last week was Hyde, this week was Jekyll.

Cutler cant keep it up??????

I have been a Cutler defender for all these years. Then last year Cutler numbers improved but got hurt. This will be the year that makes or breaks it for me. Im hoping he keeps it up. Weapons, Oline and same system for 2 years in a row.

Injuries have happened on the Oline and WR but as long as they don't get out of hand Cutler SHOULD put up great numbers!

"Should" being the operative word. And another passive term earlier in your post "hoping". Even you are wary. I hope too that he will do well and he should keep it up, but will he?

Don't kid yourself. Cutler is a loose cannon. He very easily could have been intercepted a few times last night. In fact the closest he got was when he was drilled in the chest. As most here have pointed out for some reason he seemed more focused after that hit. Although the first pass TD to BM was more BM than Cutler. At any rate, I don't wish for him to do bad or not play well. I've just been down this road with him before. Before you build up your trust be wary. He isn't called Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde for nothing.

Last week was Hyde, this week was Jekyll.

Last week there was really only one play that can not happen....the DT INT..... Other than that play Cutler had a good day.

He very easily could have been intercepted a few times last night.

You can say that about any QB in the NFL. And most of them actually do throw interceptions, including Cutler. They're out there making snap decisions with 300 LB men trying to crush them. It happens.

Don't get me wrong, Cutler has definitely been a disappointment more than once in his career. So I get where you're coming from. And I'm not going to go over the top praising the guy either. But last night was an amazing performance against a top tier team on the road and he deserves better than "Just wait, he'll suck next week."

You can say that about any QB in the NFL. And most of them actually do throw interceptions, including Cutler. They're out there making snap decisions with 300 LB men trying to crush them. It happens.

Don't get me wrong, Cutler has definitely been a disappointment more than once in his career. So I get where you're coming from. And I'm not going to go over the top praising the guy either. But last night was an amazing performance against a top tier team on the road and he deserves better than "Just wait, he'll suck next week."

How about 'Nice work last night. You're playing like you're paid to do. Keep it up.'

These Thursday night games are never interesting. The NFL should do away with them all together, or move them to like a Saturday night. Even Friday would be better. Who cares about College football.

What is crazy is these were both 4-12 teams last year, so it was not like they were picking good teams from the get go. I would get rid of these games altogether except for the Thanksgiving games.

What is crazy is these were both 4-12 teams last year, so it was not like they were picking good teams from the get go. I would get rid of these games altogether except for the Thanksgiving games.

Both were supposed to be good this year though....Lot of people were calling Tampa a sleeper team, and last year Julio Jones was out and Roddy White played hurt all year which lead to them bein pretty bad.

Both were supposed to be good this year though....Lot of people were calling Tampa a sleeper team, and last year Julio Jones was out and Roddy White played hurt all year which lead to them bein pretty bad.

Many others were calling the Saints the NFC frontrunner for the SB. Yet they are 0-2

Others thought the Seahawks would possibly have a perfect season. They are 1-1

And almost everyone said SF would easily beat Chicago. We know how that turned out.

The "experts" know nothing more than all of us. That's why they "play the game".

Who doesn't call offensive plays....So I don't get your point.

....And there's a pick 6.

The point is simple. He plays for Lovie.

How was Lovie's offensive lines over the years? He has even more pull in Tampa, and you see how it is now. How has Lovie's choices of OC's been over the years? His current OC is unproven, has had health issues, their line is horrible, and at every level and their talent is below that of Chicago at every position.

More importantly, he's not playing in Trestman's where a QB that plays in it can succeed. Trestman had success with an aging WR corps, no name RB's and QB with poor mensurable but could play with in his system. McCown could go into this system, follow it and let the Bears 2 pro bowl WR's, RB, andtop 10 TE make plays with in the system and be better than Cutler behind the Bears line.

Jay Cutler= Better than McCown in a Lovie Smith team. McCown is better than Cutler in a Trestman team. It was proven last year. You are compairing apples to oranges with this thread.

How was Lovie's offensive lines over the years? He has even more pull in Tampa, and you see how it is now. How has Lovie's choices of OC's been over the years? His current OC is unproven, has had health issues, their line is horrible, and at every level and their talent is below that of Chicago at every position.

More importantly, he's not playing in Trestman's where a QB that plays in it can succeed. Trestman had success with an aging WR corps, no name RB's and QB with poor mensurable but could play with in his system. McCown could go into this system, follow it and let the Bears 2 pro bowl WR's, RB, andtop 10 TE make plays with in the system and be better than Cutler behind the Bears line.

Jay Cutler= Better than McCown in a Lovie Smith team. McCown is better than Cutler in a Trestman team. It was proven last year. You are compairing apples to oranges with this thread.

Yup, with a very slight disagree on Cutler...

Well even if he has more pull it sure looked different in the offseason. Their whole draft was spent on offense, and they added a few key pieces on offense in free agency.

It was "proven" against awful defenses...which to me didn't real prove anything.

The weapons are less talented but he really shouldnt be this bad no matter who is coaching him. Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans are built in the same mold as Marshall/Jeffery.

I'll give you his line has been bad...But I've watched every minute of the TB games so far and he's looked bad even when the pocket was clean.

It is a little apple to oranges, but it was suggested that I make the thread so I did.

It was proven against the same a few of the same defenses they both played, awful or not.

How were the draft picks in the Lovie Smith era on offense and D and additions through free agency?

It matters who coaches him, because he is great at working with in Trestman's system, while Cutler is Cutler.