Next head coach - Josh McDaniels

Connorbear

Ha!

I'm not sure how I really feel about him, but I love the irony!

I know he laid a big turd in Denver but so did Bellichick in Cleveland. I want an offensive minded coach. I am willing to give this guy a shot. And he doesn't like Cutler so either Jay straightens out his crap (unlikely) or is moved.

Peace :dabears

Im with MAD, not sure how I feel about this guy. Clearly he knows Offense. He did screw up the Denver thing in a big way. Not sure I would compare Bill in Clev to Josh in Den.

But guys do learn from there mistakes. I think if Josh could redo his Denver trip all over he wouldn't have tried to trade Cutler as the first move he made. Im sure it caused problems in the locker room. Once you lose the locker room its really hard to get it back.

HE is older now, more experienced. Maybe he would be a good hire.

I do think Emery will not fire Trestman if the team plays well the last half of the season. I see Tucker and Decamlis (sp) getting fired and Trestman staying. If the Bears suffer anymore games like NE or GB then maybe the Bears would be forced to fire the whole staff.

I know he laid a big turd in Denver but so did Bellichick in Cleveland. I want an offensive minded coach. I am willing to give this guy a shot. And he doesn't like Cutler so either Jay straightens out his crap (unlikely) or is moved.

I have no interest in McDaniels. I don't think his personality works as a head coach. I want Bowles or Harbaugh.

Just to speculate...

What about these potential candidates? (no particular order)

1. Ron Rivera (could get fired)

2. Mike Singletary (basically started the upward defensive trend there)

3. Dom Capers

4. Gary Kubiak

5. Mike Shanahan (who we've mentioned already)

6. Jon Gruden

7. Mike Nolan

8. Nick Saban

I can understand not having interest in him. I am not interested in hiring someone without previous coaching experience.

Just to speculate...

What about these potential candidates? (no particular order)

1. Ron Rivera (could get fired)

2. Mike Singletary (basically started the upward defensive trend there)

3. Dom Capers

4. Gary Kubiak

5. Mike Shanahan (who we've mentioned already)

6. Jon Gruden

7. Mike Nolan

8. Nick Saban

1. Riveria = I like that he has HC experience but I would want a OC that is proven

2. Singletary- I would like him as a DC

3. Dom Capers- getting him out of GB would be nice, are we switching to 3-4 with him being hired?? Not sure how that would play out, kind of puts us back to square one with the D

4. Kubiak- Texans were always good, never great..... not sure I would want him

5. Shananhan- I would be on board with him

6. Gruden- would be on board with him

7. Nolan - nope

8. Saban- Don't see him leaving Bama for the NFL again.....never know. His first stint in the NFL didn't go very well.

My general thought is go with a guy who's HC'ed in the NFL before, but didn't win it all. No coach has ever done it twice.

OUt of this list, my preference would be as follows:

1. Saban - Belichick's first stint wasn't that great either...

2. Kubiak - see above...and he's O minded.

3. Capers - cherry picks our rival and could make the D better with a switch to 3-4. Not like we are that great at 4-3 now

4. Rivera - get the right OC, and Ron might be the right guy. Angelo bounced him, not Emery.

5. Singletary, same hold true for Mike as ROn...

6. Gruden - I just like him over Shanahan

7. Shanahan

8. Nolan - not thrilled with him really in the least. THe name just popped up as recently ousted HC's

1. Riveria = I like that he has HC experience but I would want a OC that is proven

2. Singletary- I would like him as a DC

3. Dom Capers- getting him out of GB would be nice, are we switching to 3-4 with him being hired?? Not sure how that would play out, kind of puts us back to square one with the D

4. Kubiak- Texans were always good, never great..... not sure I would want him

5. Shananhan- I would be on board with him

6. Gruden- would be on board with him

7. Nolan - nope

8. Saban- Don't see him leaving Bama for the NFL again.....never know. His first stint in the NFL didn't go very well.

i really have to say no. he has that bad combination of arrogant, stubborn and stupid we have dealt with here in the past.

plus... do we really want a cheater? this goes with stupid. he got busted for the same exact thing that bilichek got busted for who should have had his superbowl win taken away from him. that is incredibly stupid.

Absolutely NO to McDaniels. We can find plenty of offensive geniuses who can succeed with Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, neither of those guys plays for Chicago. Trestman has a far better record of success coaching QBs than McDaniels. We don't need an arrogant McDaniel's playing his mind games in the locker room. Harbaugh I'd love to have. He was successful with Smith, Kap, and whoever else is on the field. He's creative and knows how to utilize a player's strengths and stay away from their weaknesses. He does the same when game planning his opponent. Todd Bowles is worth keeping an eye on but I think we need to see more (another season) before considering him. That is the likely path for a decision on Trestman anyway.

I can understand not having interest in him. I am not interested in hiring someone without previous coaching experience.

I live in the Denver area and hurricane josh has NO leadership abilities and was more in over his head than Trestman is currently in Chicago. In my opinion I don't think josh will be considered for another NFL head coaching job. For example, there was a story that was reported about a player scuffle in the broncos facility and josh never came down from his office to handle the situation. based on local media radio guys many the players had very little respect for McDaniels. Think Lane Kiffin bad!

Rivera has been really unimpressive. Shanny has moved on and was rather unimpressive in Washington. Gruden isn't leaving the booth. Singletary should never be more than a LB coach.

The only 2 interesting ones listed to me are McDaniels and Harbaugh. I really wouldn't want either.

The Nniners have been pretty successful under Harbaugh. The fact that they may not want him anymore is a major red flag.

McDaniels is Trestman with QB's, but he's actually done it in the last 10 years. He even had success with Tebow. It'd also mean getting rid of the player bottle necking the team. However, Denver couldn't get rid of him soon enough, so also major red flags with him.

Personally, I like the idea of hiring Polian to be the president of the football side of the Bears. Let him hire who he wants as a GM and Coach.

How about one of the following Coordinators:

1. Pep Hamilton, Indy OC, former Bears QB Coach

2. Teryl Austin, Det DC, #1 Defense, Division knowledge, we don't have to face him

3. Bob Sutton, KC DC, Great Defense, works with Reid

4. Todd Bowles, ARZ DC, Great Defense, works with Arians

5. Tom Clements, GB OC, Great Offense, Division knowledge, we don't have to face him

6. Pat Shurmur, PHI OC, Great uptempo offense, football genes

7. Adam Gase, Den OC, questionable due to Manning, and probably too young, but similar to McDaniels without the baggage

How about one of the following Coordinators:

1. Pep Hamilton, Indy OC, former Bears QB Coach

2. Teryl Austin, Det DC, #1 Defense, Division knowledge, we don't have to face him

3. Bob Sutton, KC DC, Great Defense, works with Reid

4. Todd Bowles, ARZ DC, Great Defense, works with Arians

5. Tom Clements, GB OC, Great Offense, Division knowledge, we don't have to face him

6. Pat Shurmur, PHI OC, Great uptempo offense, football genes

7. Adam Gase, Den OC, questionable due to Manning, and probably too young, but similar to McDaniels without the baggage

I'll add Todd Haley, Pitt OC. He was on Arz list of coach candidates but wasn't interested. He has revived Big Ben this year. He would be worth a name drop...even though I think he's annoying.

I'll add Todd Haley, Pitt OC. He was on Arz list of coach candidates but wasn't interested. He has revived Big Ben this year. He would be worth a name drop...even though I think he's annoying.

Haley scares me. He was very nearly canned from Pittsburgh last year (?) because he was being such a dbag. I don't know if Tomlin had a 'come to Jesus' meeting with him or Roethlisberger is just having a resurgence or both but Haley himself I do not think is the sole reason for offensive success.

And if you reca when he was in KC as HC there was nothing but ugliness all around due to his knack for dbagedness . And he has an overall 19-26 record as HC.. No thanks.

Haley scares me. He was very nearly canned from Pittsburgh last year (?) because he was being such a dbag. I don't know if Tomlin had a 'come to Jesus' meeting with him or Roethlisberger is just having a resurgence or both but Haley himself I do not think is the sole reason for offensive success.

And if you reca when he was in KC as HC there was nothing but ugliness all around due to his knack for dbagedness . And he has an overall 19-26 record as HC.. No thanks.

You are right on all accounts. Almost didn't make it through the first year in Pit, Big Ben and Haley were not anywhere near being on the same page.

Haley was an epic failure in KC. His hothead bullshit didn't go over very well, with upper management or the players. I guess he is a real douche, as Alaskan said.

I would not want him. Big Ben has been great before Haley and with, its not because of Haley.

You are right on all accounts. Almost didn't make it through the first year in Pit, Big Ben and Haley were not anywhere near being on the same page.

Haley was an epic failure in KC. His hothead bullshit didn't go over very well, with upper management or the players. I guess he is a real douche, as Alaskan said.

I would not want him. Big Ben has been great before Haley and with, its not because of Haley.

That is sort of why he was excluded from my list.