Mike Shanahan

Connorbear

He is only 62. Would you want him as head coach? Or maybe director of football operations?

Peace :dabears

Nope.It'd tie Cutler back to the team 2 more years, he sucked in Washington and his son and coaching tree hasn't been good lately. Teryl Austin is still my main head coach canidate

Nope.It'd tie Cutler back to the team 2 more years, he sucked in Washington and his son and coaching tree hasn't been good lately. Teryl Austin is still my main head coach canidate

You want a head coach with no prior NFL head coaching experience? Other than Lovie, that hasn't worked out very well for us.

Only as a last resort. He would probably bring Gary Kubiak with him as an OC, or his son, one of the two. He's a good coach, but hiring him means they are still basing their HC search on a guy that "Can get something out of Cutler". I'm tired of that.

Bring in 1- Harbaugh 2- Rex Ryan 3- Todd Bowles 4- Kevin Sumlin 5- David Shaw

That'd be my list as of this moment. Shanahan would probably be 5th or 6th.

You want a head coach with no prior NFL head coaching experience? Other than Lovie, that hasn't worked out very well for us.

Lovie didn't have the history of Austin when he was brought in. Named coackes are good for rebuilding, but most coaches don't succeed on their second or third run.

Arians is the coach ppl name that should have beern brought in over Trestman. He was successful with one of the best QBs in the league in Indy Austin was also an interm coach and went 2-1 when he was with a team that fired their coach before.

3 Super Bowl experience as a position coach and turned around a D that we have seen break down when it matters. Detriots O sucks, their D is why they were in the playoffs and why he is a great canidate.

Lovie didn't have the history of Austin when he was brought in. Named coackes are good for rebuilding, but most coaches don't succeed on their second or third run.

Arians is the coach ppl name that should have beern brought in over Trestman. He was successful with one of the best QBs in the league in Indy Austin was also an interm coach and went 2-1 when he was with a team that fired their coach before.

3 Super Bowl experience as a position coach and turned around a D that we have seen break down when it matters. Detriots O sucks, their D is why they were in the playoffs and why he is a great canidate.

I think he would be a good choice as long as he knows of a good OC that can groom QBs.

I think he would be a good choice as long as he knows of a good OC that can groom QBs.

NOt sure how I would feel about this DC being our HC......Not saying it would be a bad idea.

Shanny........Hoodie Bill hit a grand slam on his 2nd HC job. Holmgren won a SB with GB and got to another one in SEA.....it can be done.

Shanny has seen what works Denver and what didn't work in WAS. From some of the articles I read Synder stuck his nose in a little too much which caused a lot of problems. Most likely were his comments about coming back to coach, it would have to be the right situation and be a contender.

He took over a team with a ton of talent, doesnt make him special as a coach. We need to get it right this time.

Austin has only been a DC in the NFL for one season. He has a talented group to coach as well. His Defense didn't really impress me against the Bears this past weekend. If the Bears were to hire a DC or OC I would want this guy to have more than one year of being a DC or OC.

I would rather have a former HC before this guy.

At least Arians had a year of HC experience with INDY, not sure about the rest of his experience looks like.

I think Shanny would be perfect for this team IF they wanna stick with an offensive minded head coach.

Everyone wants this team to run the ball more, a Shanny lead team will do that.

His teams success in the run game came large in part to his zone blocking scheme, Bears OL already implements one.

If Jay is our QB next year I see zero problem with having a guy as the head coach who was able to get something solid out of him. Not sure how that equals catering to him.

All that said I want a defensive minded guy to come in here and fix the D. Todd Bowles is the guy I'm lookin at.

Bowles, had a lot of guys get hurt this year and his D is still phenomenal.

Lovie didn't have the history of Austin when he was brought in. Named coaches are good for rebuilding, but most coaches don't succeed on their second or third run.

Arians is the coach ppl name that should have been brought in over Trestman. He was successful with one of the best QBs in the league in Indy Austin was also an interm coach and went 2-1 when he was with a team that fired their coach before.

3 Super Bowl experience as a position coach and turned around a D that we have seen break down when it matters. Detriots O sucks, their D is why they were in the playoffs and why he is a great candidate.

It was Bowles that runs the defense not taking away Arians present as a leader. Lovie was never a head coach before so if someone wants head coaching experience, that doesnt compare.

I think Shanny would be perfect for this team IF they wanna stick with an offensive minded head coach.

Everyone wants this team to run the ball more, a Shanny lead team will do that.

His teams success in the run game came large in part to his zone blocking scheme, Bears OL already implements one.

If Jay is our QB next year I see zero problem with having a guy as the head coach who was able to get something solid out of him. Not sure how that equals catering to him.

All that said I want a defensive minded guy to come in here and fix the D. Todd Bowles is the guy I'm lookin at.

Bowles, had a lot of guys get hurt this year and his D is still phenomenal.

I think Shanahan could come in an over see operations and hire a defensive head coach, Bowles is the first name to come to mind, then I would have to throw in Del Rio would be next on my list. He has previous experience some success and being in Denver may have given him a perspective on the balance of good defense and good offense.

Only as a last resort. He would probably bring Gary Kubiak with him as an OC, or his son, one of the two. He's a good coach, but hiring him means they are still basing their HC search on a guy that "Can get something out of Cutler". I'm tired of that.

Bring in 1- Harbaugh 2- Rex Ryan 3- Todd Bowles 4- Kevin Sumlin 5- David Shaw

That'd be my list as of this moment. Shanahan would probably be 5th or 6th.

I agree, get the best coach we can roster be dammed, get a guy in here who can get the most out of our team not our over paid turnover machine of a QB. Jay is what he is and he is what he always has been, tons of raw tallent and ability, but will never be more than potential. Sure our offense did not play to his strengths but we've seen McCown and even Clausen.... even Jimmy freaking Clausen looked competent running the offense given rarely playing. I feel like if we base who we hire on who we think can get the most out of Jay? We've seen that movie it bombed at the box office. If the Bears decide based on Jay they are handcuffing our search efforts to someone who can sell the McCaskey's that they can fix Jay and get he most out of him. The Bears have tried to build an offense around him and it's just not working. We need to search for the best coach we can find and and he should take the roster as is and work with the GM (if it's Emery or someone new) and decide who he want to keep around and who to get rid of.

As many others here I'm sick of this once proud franchise doing some of the most idiotic things when it comes to hiring coaches, and GM's We've tied GM's hands by saying you you've got full control but you will keep the coaching staff currently in place at least one year, to hiring assistant coaches without a Head coach in place or without his say, tying GM or coaches hands on player personel decisions, etc. An earlier topic talked about structure and at any given time it's hard to know which inmate is running this asylum.

Point is George needs to have the stones to do what is needed to evaluate this team from ownership right down to water boy. He needs to go through and rebuild the structure with a competent chain of command. If that means get rid of Phillips, Emery, and Trestman's staff and replacing them with a football guy as team president, a proven GM, and a proven coach. And all the people have the authority and power of decision commensurate with their positions. IE coaches answer to head coach, head coach answers to the GM, GM answers to the management. George has some big decisions to make this coming off season, he had the duty of trying to right this ship and get us back on course to return to being the proud franchise that us Bears fans fondly remember.

I agree, get the best coach we can roster be dammed, get a guy in here who can get the most out of our team not our over paid turnover machine of a QB. Jay is what he is and he is what he always has been, tons of raw tallent and ability, but will never be more than potential. Sure our offense did not play to his strengths but we've seen McCown and even Clausen.... even Jimmy freaking Clausen looked competent running the offense given rarely playing. I feel like if we base who we hire on who we think can get the most out of Jay? We've seen that movie it bombed at the box office. If the Bears decide based on Jay they are handcuffing our search efforts to someone who can sell the McCaskey's that they can fix Jay and get he most out of him. The Bears have tried to build an offense around him and it's just not working. We need to search for the best coach we can find and and he should take the roster as is and work with the GM (if it's Emery or someone new) and decide who he want to keep around and who to get rid of.

As many others here I'm sick of this once proud franchise doing some of the most idiotic things when it comes to hiring coaches, and GM's We've tied GM's hands by saying you you've got full control but you will keep the coaching staff currently in place at least one year, to hiring assistant coaches without a Head coach in place or without his say, tying GM or coaches hands on player personel decisions, etc. An earlier topic talked about structure and at any given time it's hard to know which inmate is running this asylum.

Point is George needs to have the stones to do what is needed to evaluate this team from ownership right down to water boy. He needs to go through and rebuild the structure with a competent chain of command. If that means get rid of Phillips, Emery, and Trestman's staff and replacing them with a football guy as team president, a proven GM, and a proven coach. And all the people have the authority and power of decision commensurate with their positions. IE coaches answer to head coach, head coach answers to the GM, GM answers to the management. George has some big decisions to make this coming off season, he had the duty of trying to right this ship and get us back on course to return to being the proud franchise that us Bears fans fondly remember.

We need someone whoever it is that has a presence in the locker room, make people be responsible for there actions. A strong personality. Ditka like, but hopefully not as insane.

I think Shanahan could come in an over see operations and hire a defensive head coach, Bowles is the first name to come to mind, then I would have to throw in Del Rio would be next on my list. He has previous experience some success and being in Denver may have given him a perspective on the balance of good defense and good offense.

Shanny wants to COACH in the NFL again, not head of operations.

I just can't see wanting a coach that has won only one play off game since the year before Cutler was drafted.

With his big name, he will also want last say on the draft and free agents, and likely his own GM and so on. He hasn't enough lately for me to want to see the Bears hitch their wagon to Shannahan.

I just can't see wanting a coach that has won only one play off game since the year before Cutler was drafted.

With his big name, he will also want last say on the draft and free agents, and likely his own GM and so on. He hasn't enough lately for me to want to see the Bears hitch their wagon to Shannahan.

He's a douche.

Surprised you want Shanny just because of the Cutler connection.

I would be happy with Shanny!

Love his zone run blocking scheme.

I wouldn't want Shanny because of the Cutler connection. In fact not sure that Shannahan would keep Cutler if he didn't think it would work. Im convinced that keeping RG3 was more a Snyder thing than anything. Cousins just said the other day he wanted a trade of RG3 were chosen as the starter. Dont believe for a second that Gruden really believes RG is the answer.

At any rate, one thing with Shannahan is I'd like to see him bring someone like his kid in as OC and Rex (or perhaps a Bowles) as DC and when Shannahan decides to hang it up (after multiple playoff appearances) they could have either coordinator take over HC duties. I'm not ready to give the keys to REx yet. Would need to be convinced he's not going to turn the team into a three ring circus again.

I wouldn't want Shanny because of the Cutler connection. In fact not sure that Shannahan would keep Cutler if he didn't think it would work. Im convinced that keeping RG3 was more a Snyder thing than anything. Cousins just said the other day he wanted a trade of RG3 were chosen as the starter. Dont believe for a second that Gruden really believes RG is the answer.

At any rate, one thing with Shannahan is I'd like to see him bring someone like his kid in as OC and Rex (or perhaps a Bowles) as DC and when Shannahan decides to hang it up (after multiple playoff appearances) they could have either coordinator take over HC duties. I'm not ready to give the keys to REx yet. Would need to be convinced he's not going to turn the team into a three ring circus again.

I know you wouldnt want him because of the Cutler connection. Just that his connection to Cutler would sway you away from him. Shanny came out and said that he thought Cutler could still be a franchise QB.

Shanny would know the issues with Cutler better than anyone, that would be a plus.

He also knows how to deal with BM, from what Hub said yesterday BM is a locker room problem. BM would buy into playing for Shanny.

I like his offense he runs. I also think he has the personality the Bears need from a HC.

I think he would be able to assemble a good coaching staff as well.

He is from the Chicago area, he knows the tradition of the Bears, something the Bears want...ie Ernie's connection to the Bears.

I would be happy with Shanny as the Bears HC.