Ted Phillips Not demoted

GreatScott82

According to TheScore, Ted Phillips will only handle the business side of things from this point forward. The Bears intend to hire a true president to run the show. Let the Holmgren rumors begin to swirl.

If true this is already one of the best offseasons in YEARS!

Kap & Haugh are talking about that right now! It will be good if that does happen and George hires a true football person to be the face of the franchise for the family and rebuilds this team. They are talking about going the way of the Ricketts family with the Cubs and rebuilding the Bears. If it really is happening that will definitely change the culture of the team for the positive!

Kap & Haugh are talking about that right now! It will be good if that does happen and George hires a true football person to be the face of the franchise for the family and rebuilds this team. They are talking about going the way of the Ricketts family with the Cubs and rebuilding the Bears. If it really is happening that will definitely change the culture of the team for the positive!

I still have hope for the Cubs but I haven't been impressed with the Ricketts family thus far. No offense but I hope the Bears do better.

According to TheScore, Ted Phillips will only handle the business side of things from this point forward. The Bears intend to hire a true president to run the show. Let the Holmgren rumors begin to swirl.

I was hoping the second part to your post was "to usher or ticket-taker". Ted Phillips should be fired...just to remove the stench of his failures.

I was hoping the second part to your post was "to usher or ticket-taker". Ted Phillips should be fired...just to remove the stench of his failures.

They won't do that so don't waste your breathe. If he is simply removed from football operations I am good with it.

Peace :dabears

I saw on the Bears Website that:

"Chicago Bears Chairman George McCaskey, President and CEO Ted Phillips will address the media from Halas Hall beginning at 4pm CT today"

That to me does not sound like a change at the top. I could be wrong. I would love to see a big name like Polian take charge and Phillips moved to the financial side. Just saying the way the press conference was announced it seems status quo.

I saw on the Bears Website that:

"Chicago Bears Chairman George McCaskey, President and CEO Ted Phillips will address the media from Halas Hall beginning at 4pm CT today"

That to me does not sound like a change at the top. I could be wrong. I would love to see a big name like Polian take charge and Phillips moved to the financial side. Just saying the way the press conference was announced it seems status quo.

That's what I was thinkng. But hoping its to say Ted is going to concentrate on the business side.

My thought is they don't say much about Ted at all. And the role simply changes behind the scenes. And another football mind is brought in to work with Ted...

If it's a press conference, they won't be allowed this luxury. No journalist of any value is going to leave that question unanswered. Phillips is clearly in the bloody water and the sharks will get him. I'm interested to hear how he answers the "You suck at your job, why are you still here?" question.

Or they take the easy way out and don't take questions, just making a statement. That would be WEAK but I suppose it's possible.

I think the conference will be more related to Emery and Trestman and finding a new GM and HC.

All they have to say is Ted's role hasn't changed. And the reality would be that it has... They can keep it internal until they actually hire the football mind.

If it's a press conference, they won't be allowed this luxury. No journalist of any value is going to leave that question unanswered. Phillips is clearly in the bloody water and the sharks will get him. I'm interested to hear how he answers the "You suck at your job, why are you still here?" question.

Or they take the easy way out and don't take questions, just making a statement. That would be WEAK but I suppose it's possible.

They will handle it as a united front. It's the first step in the healing process. Although he's staying, they want to put a positive spin on it for the new establishment, while not making it look like a slap in the face.

I think the conference will be more related to Emery and Trestman and finding a new GM and HC.

All they have to say is Ted's role hasn't changed. And the reality would be that it has... They can keep it internal until they actually hire the football mind.

Oh, they might try getting away with that but while most of the national press has grown weak over the years, our local sports guys are tough.

I expect the follow-up to "Ted's role hasn't changed." to be WHY THE F$%# NOT!!!

The best they can do is say they're changing his role and that the lines haven't been drawn yet. There's no way the guy running things, who made all of these hires, can get away unscathed here. If he does, this is all bullshit.